+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
Hi All,

If the principal applicant has no point for AOT but the spouse has 2 points, do you think the application will be assessed? The principal applicant has B2 in oral french while the spouse applicant has A1/A2. If the spouse applicant applies as principal, the points will be 6 marks for his MBA. But the B2 in French point would have reduced for the erstwhile principal applicant. What do you suggest. Both spouse and principal hold masters degree and have more than 8 yrs work experience.

Suggestions please....

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question, yesterday the lawyer told my friend that he must get B2 level in French in order to apply to Quebec

is there rule that must be B2 minimum to apply? I think he must get B2 to get the points

because why did they mention A0/A2/B1 = 0 points?

Age =16
Work experience = 8
English = 6
Financial=1
Degree=10

Total = 41 , to get 55 points means should b priority AOT A=16 points. for singles
They were already taking nurses with no French

AOT B 12 points not enough, even with masters 12 points officer may consider it 10 points
They made it very hard

con.ong

Aug 6, 2013
Could anyone please help me to clarify my situation?

We intend to apply for CSQ program. My husband had:
- A diploma of Actuary (Diplome D'Actuaire - Universite Lyon 1) for a year 2006-2007 and;
- A master of Actuary and Finance Sciences (Le diplome de Master Sciences, Technologies, Sante, a finalite Professionnelle, Mention Sciences Actuarielle et Financiere, dans le domain Sciences, Technologies, Sante - Universite Lyon 1) for the year 2005 - 2006.

However, as my understanding, from AOT, they require Actuarial Science (Bach - 3 years). So, I wonder if our diploma is equivalent to the bachelor required? And do we need to do an assessment of our education?

Thank you so much.

manibalan

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi/Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2012
Doc's Request.
sent all docs (with notary public signed)
AOR Received.
01/07/2013
IELTS Request
sent with application when filing
File Transfer...
File transfered BIQ to Montreal - hopefully end of 2012
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
expecting.....
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
god only know
LANDED..........
hopefully in 201?
mdammalli said:
Your education is BBA and MCA, both are fetching 6 points for principal applicant and 2 point for co applicant.
MCA falls under Computer Science (Bach.-3 years)
BBA falls under Business Administration (Bach.-3 years)

As per your previous posts, you may fetch 62 points(No priority)
You have much time for your interview, my advice to you is try to get B2 certificate before BIQ schedule an interview for you.
Hi mdammalli,
Thank you very much. So i think it takes a year for interview (no priority). But still not yet confirmed whether they process under new/old rule.

Anybody got Interview email/letter, who applied on or after sep'2012 and AOR on or after Jun'2013

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
ashraflakho said:
Your education is BBA and MCA, both are fetching 6 points for principal applicant and 2 point for co applicant.
MCA falls under Computer Science (Bach.-3 years)
BBA falls under Business Administration (Bach.-3 years)

As per your previous posts, you may fetch 62 points(No priority)
You have much time for your interview, my advice to you is try to get B2 certificate before BIQ schedule an interview for you.

Hi,
If someone has 63 score before interview(family) without French skills and AOT is Civil Engineering then what are chances for interview waiving? Senior please comment on this

There is no exact criteria for interview waiving, we have heard many people in this group attending interview even when they have 64+ score.

I'm also expecting more than 64 points without french, but still waiting for my interview.
M-Tech in Computer science =12 points
AOT=12points
Experience=8points
Age = 14 points (16 at the time of applying)
English = 4 points (Approx, I have not given any IELTS exam)
French (A1) = 0 points (No points according to new rules)
Spouse Age =3 points
Spouse AOT=3 points
Spouse education =3 points (Computer science and engineering)
One Child =4 points
Finance =1 point

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
CSQ 16/8/2013 PR 01/04/2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
No passport request visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
swamik said:
the AOT has only the Physical Science in the list and this is the only one which is closely related to your qualifications, Not sure on how much point it can fetch you..though you have 12 points for your doctorate ...
Physical Science is luckily still 6 points and is still in the AOT.

cool got more points than I thought then :)

happy us

manibalan

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi/Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
01/07/2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
expecting.....
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
god only know
LANDED..........
hopefully in 201?
mdammalli said:
There is no exact criteria for interview waiving, we have heard many people in this group attending interview even when they have 64+ score.

I'm also expecting more than 64 points without french, but still waiting for my interview.
M-Tech in Computer science =12 points
AOT=12points
Experience=8points
Age = 14 points (16 at the time of applying)
English = 4 points (Approx, I have not given any IELTS exam)
French (A1) = 0 points (No points according to new rules)
Spouse Age =3 points
Spouse AOT=3 points
Spouse education =3 points (Computer science and engineering)
One Child =4 points
Finance =1 point
Hi mdammalli,
you got AOR on 2011. still are you waiting for interview(even 64 point without french)?. Did you call Montreal?, you under come old or new rule?

Jun 23, 2012
Hi!

WoQ here.

I am from New Delhi. Applied in Summers 2011. Updated IELTS 8 and DELF A2 at the end of 2012. Haven't heard anything from BIQ HK yet. Would I be assesed according to old rules still? This has become a million dollar question on the forum. :) Anyone been waiting this long?

Regards

WoQ

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
lemans207 said:
Question, yesterday the lawyer told my friend that he must get B2 level in French in order to apply to Quebec

is there rule that must be B2 minimum to apply? I think he must get B2 to get the points

Age =16
Work experience = 8
English = 6
Financial=1
Degree=10

Total = 41 , to get 55 points means should b priority AOT A=16 points. for singles

AOT B 12 points not enough, even with masters 12 points officer may consider it 10 points
They made it very hard
There's no rule to have a minimum B2 french just to submit an application, but it's a big challenge to pass the point's threshold for CSQ without them. I read somewhere that a maximum 0f 12 points for MS degree are awarded if it's a 2-year degree and total years of study is 17+. In the table of degree conversion most of 1-year degrees grant only 10 points. It depends on the country where it was obtained, but still mostly 1-year Master's doesn't correspond to its Quebec equivalent.

Jun 23, 2012
WizardOfQuébec said:
Hi!

WoQ here.

I am from New Delhi. Applied in Summers 2011. Updated IELTS 8 and DELF A2 at the end of 2012. Haven't heard anything from BIQ HK yet. Would I be assesed according to old rules still? This has become a million dollar question on the forum. :) Anyone been waiting this long?

Regards

WoQ

And got my AOR in June or July 2011

manibalan

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi/Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
01/07/2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
expecting.....
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
god only know
LANDED..........
hopefully in 201?
WizardOfQuébec said:
Hi!

WoQ here.

Regards

WoQ
Hi,
What is ur AOT?

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lemans207 said:

Age =16
Work experience = 8
English = 6
Financial=1
Degree=10

They made it very hard
Yes he must have points for gaining enough points, considering even if he gains 12 points he will be less by 2 points which again requires interviewing officer to be convinced.. its better he can get B2 and get enough points, also, if he is not in AOT 12 but in AOT 6 he should necessarily gain B2 so that the points can help him sail through the cut off...Just my opinion.. I am sure they are not specific for minimum B2 unless there is a missing cutoff...

Thus for all the individual applicants its essential that they gain 12 or 16 points to be considered without french...

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@swamik as Ievgen mentioned applicants needs 2 years masters in order to have chance for 12 points.
AOT 12 is risky, because 41 points + AOT 12 = 53 points officer can refuse by adaptability points.

you need AOT 12 + Masters 12

last year they were taking AOT 12 and AOT 16 with zero level of French.

not mentioned must be B2 to apply
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/official-immigration-application/requirements-programs/language-knowledge.html

That's good

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
manibalan said:
Hi mdammalli,
you got AOR on 2011. still are you waiting for interview(even 64 point without french)?. Did you call Montreal?, you under come old or new rule?
Mani,
Like me there are hundreds in this group waiting for their interview, all the applications filed upto the year 2010 are cleared, all non priority applicants of 2011 are still waiting for their interview except very few from other BIQ who got their CSQ recently.

I have no idea whether I'm coming under new rules or old rules, At the time when I filed my application, my score was 62 points. (As per new rules I lost 2 in french, 2 points in age, and gained 6 points in AOT)

I have never tried to contact BIQ to get the status of my application.

Raza PK

Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-13
sara_khan said:
Thank you Raza for this great help. But will the give us Experience letters back once application is completed? or They will keep it?
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Yes, they will return all your original documents once your application is completed. [/size][/size][/size]