+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
Jenalby said:
As per the old rules priority processing was applicable only for people claiming 12 and 16 points for AOT.Now it seems like anybody getting any point for AOT are considered priority..It's better now ......
If that is true, then everyone is priority since July 2012, as being on that list was criteria to even open an application throughout the last year...

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
oszi said:
I have just called them again, the lady said my application is still only opened, but not in process yet (it was filed middle of January 2013 and CC was charged early March). She said it will definitely be processed under the new rules (so "AOR=In Process" theory is still not confirmed, actually the opposite), which is not a problem now, that they give Comp. Eng. 12 points :D, but about priority she said she cannot guarantee they will pick those apps, which were not priority before, and start priority processing for them. At least I still have 63 points, we'll see how much time it takes for them to process it now...
My AOT did not change, so it seems like I'm still eligible (computer science, Canadian diploma – 12 points), but I really wanted my interview waived, but now it's probably impossible.

Guys, what do you know about average times between getting a CSQ without and interview and with one? How much the second option is longer?

Jenalby

Apr 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118 Nursing /Group B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Doc's Request.
8/08/2014 asked to submit ITR,docs reached Montreal on 17/10/2014
AOR Received.
File opened in April 2013 ,got it in hand on May 2013
IELTS Request
IELTS 7 band
Interview........
No idea...
LANDED..........
????2015?
oszi said:
I have just called them again, the lady said my application is still only opened, but not in process yet (it was filed middle of January 2013 and CC was charged early March). She said it will definitely be processed under the new rules (so "AOR=In Process" theory is still not confirmed, actually the opposite), which is not a problem now, that they give Comp. Eng. 12 points :D, but about priority she said she cannot guarantee they will pick those apps, which were not priority before, and start priority processing for them. At least I still have 63 points, we'll see how much time it takes for them to process it now...
OMG in one way its good the other way it's confusing.At this moment we can't predict anything....

Nikusa

Jul 25, 2013
Hi...Old/New Applicant here...

I would very much appreciate any input regarding AOT points allocation under new rules :

(1) Computter Engineering is now 12 points...(foreign from USA)...does this make it priority? If so, what are the benefits of it being classified
as priority?

(2) I am currently in the masters program in computer engineering (again from USA)....if i submit my application within next one month, (i already have approx 51 considering only undergrad and 12-24 mnths work experience under new rules), then can i also claim points for masters since i'd be graduating in May 2014. If i can claim points for masters, what would be the requirments to get them since i wont have a degree certificate to produce at time of application!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
Nikusa said:
Hi...Old/New Applicant here...

I would very much appreciate any input regarding AOT points allocation under new rules :

(1) Computter Engineering is now 12 points...(foreign from USA)...does this make it priority? If so, what are the benefits of it being classified
as priority?

(2) I am currently in the masters program in computer engineering (again from USA)....if i submit my application within next one month, (i already have approx 51 considering only undergrad and 12-24 mnths work experience under new rules), then can i also claim points for masters since i'd be graduating in May 2014. If i can claim points for masters, what would be the requirments to get them since i wont have a degree certificate to produce at time of application!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)
Hey,

1) Yes, it is a priority, but not the first one. Quebec Experience Program will be treated first, applicants with a job offer will be treated second and applicants with points for AOT (like you) will be treated third. Everyone else will be treated after. So, you have a priority, but not the best one.
Still, first two groups should not be too huge, I think.

2) I suggest you submit your application asap and then send the update, there is a special form for that – here is the English version.

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
oszi said:
If that is true, then everyone is priority since July 2012, as being on that list was criteria to even open an application throughout the last year...
By the way I have checked the new version of op manual, it is still only points 12 and 16 which are priority (page 18).

Nikusa

Jul 25, 2013
@ Alexey_nathan :

Thanks a lot for the advise :)!...

I gotta question however, the "Change to the application for a selection certificate"...is that applicable to an old application made prior to July 31st?

The way i understand it, since the old application is going to be refused due to retroactive application of new rules to old applications, i would have to start the entire process again and compile all documents for a new application post Aug 1st. Is this correct...if so or if not..where does the form "Change to the application for a selection certificate" figure in?

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
Nikusa said:
@ Alexey_nathan :

Thanks a lot for the advise :)!...

I gotta question however, the "Change to the application for a selection certificate"...is that applicable to an old application made prior to July 31st?

The way i understand it, since the old application is going to be refused due to retroactive application of new rules to old applications, i would have to start the entire process again and compile all documents for a new application post Aug 1st. Is this correct...if so or if not..where does the form "Change to the application for a selection certificate" figure in?
You're welcome!
My understanding is that the "Change to the application for a selection certificate" form is applicable to any application. It's just a general form for a case when your conditions change (you've moved somewhere, married, divorced, got a child, a new degree, new language exam result etc.) So it has nothing to do with the old/new rules.

But I really have no idea about what's gonna happen to the applicants like you and me with these new rules. Still nothing is clear...

Nikusa

Jul 25, 2013
oszi said:
By the way I have checked the new version of op manual, it is still only points 12 and 16 which are priority (page 18).
@oszi :

Yea...i am in the same boat (i think:))...my AOT (Computer Engineering) got bumped from 6points (under old rules) to now 12 points (under new rules)...if there is a priority classification to that....does that necessarily make the application be processed faster under new rules than what it was under same AOT under old rules?

What do you think oszi & alexey_nathan? :)

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
Nikusa said:
@ oszi :

Yea...i am in the same boat (i think:))...my AOT (Computer Engineering) got bumped from 6points (under old rules) to now 12 points (under new rules)...if there is a priority classification to that....does that necessarily make the application be processed faster under new rules than what it was under same AOT under old rules?

What do you think oszi & alexey_nathan? :)
12 points is definitely priority. There was someone recently, who got CSQ in 5 months, from the date of receipt with priority. The problem is, that they check for priority criteria at opening the file, and mark them there, and we are already past that. So they would have to search for ours, amongst a lot of old apps, and it is a question, if they will do it. If they put some basic data into the electronic file, like AOT of app, then they can easily search for our app now. We'll see.

Jenalby

Apr 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118 Nursing /Group B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Doc's Request.
8/08/2014 asked to submit ITR,docs reached Montreal on 17/10/2014
AOR Received.
File opened in April 2013 ,got it in hand on May 2013
IELTS Request
IELTS 7 band
Interview........
No idea...
LANDED..........
????2015?

Nikusa

Jul 25, 2013
Jenalby said:
I couldnt understand how they are calculating points for English ,hw much is the maximum points given for IELTS?
@ Jenalby:

I think for IELTS General Test - refer to canadavisa.com/proving-english-language-ability-ielts.html -> under old rules!

Not sure how scores correspond to points for band scores below 7.5....i'll see what i can find!