Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-08-2012
AOR Received.
22-10-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the file: 4 points. TCFQ: sent with the file: B1 - 8 points
Master7 said:
Thanks for your reply. So is that how TCFQ works? so if I get 10 questions out of 40 I will score A2 then? How many are needed to score B1 in listening? I have been studying French for one hour every week for the last 10 months and I feel ready for A2; however I want to know how much more effort will it take to score B1?
you can't measure your efforts... do your best and sit for TCFQ and see the outcome... wish you good luck!

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
I agree with this. Immigration takes a long time. Clearly, those people commenting here and accusing BIQs of being racist have not had experience wiht immigration systems in any country. Immigration can take a LONG time, you are applying to that Govt. to permanently settle there. PErmanently means they will be liable for you in the future helping you with whatever social services they can. Don't they have the right to screen applicants? Patience is indeed the key.

mkshah - as always you rock ;)

mkshah said:
hello friends

just one word I can say to all of you: Patience.

Reason for delay is that qsw is full with number of applicants from all over the world, which exceeds far more than their annual quota for 3 years almost. Also they dont need new applications.
That may be main reason for imposing stricter and stringent rules for qsw.
Now that they dont need new applications for next 2-3
years, it doesnt make any sense in continuing with BIQ offices worldwide thus they reduced the cost of overses BIQ by moving all applications to BIQ montreal.

Moreover Parti quebecois wants to make their presence felt, so there is so much noise about french language
nd separatist activities.
In long future, it will have no real impact as quebec can not sustain itself as an independent country from CaNAdA.
So, dont panic. Just keep patience and prepare urself for better french communication skills.

It is like preparing for exams. If You are aware about the syllabus then you must follow it. If you dont, then you will be surely fail in exams.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
I'm happy to read this.

I do not understand why so many of us here are arguing over French "supremancy". It seems to me that most who are "for" the French and posting updates constantly are from African countries where French is one of the official language. Unfortunately, there are many others in this world from other parts of the world(not really African countries) that may not have the same skill of French but are well-educated and skilled for jobs. So obviously, these threats are aimed towards those of us. This is a kind of false scare and alarm going around. Quebec and Canada are BIG GIRLS, they know how to deal with French-speaking, non-french-speaking, little french-speaking candidates etc and I would not want to keep contemplating on every move they take. They are like any other huge democracy - free to make immigration changes and we will all move to quebec if those changes suit us. Ofcourse, if whatever these members keep saying about francophones and Canada happens then obviously I will b the first person to not move. I do not have any problems learning a new language. Infact, I learnt 5 years French in high school and now, as an adult, just revisited it for a few weeks before I got everything back to me. If we would suspect Quebec only wants francophones, then we won't go. it is as simple as that! When my chance comes to move, I will evaluate the situation and decide to go or not to go.

The bigger problem, as signalmaker, has pointed out is taxes, job, regulations for certain professions, survival jobs, homes, schools etc. What's the bi deal about French? MILLIONS of people come to the US every year wothout knowing English, don't they pick it up? Ofcourse they do. We need to look at the bigger picture on how to plan our move rather than think whether quebec will separate or whether quebec will only prefer francophones and etc. To me, this thinking if foolish thinking and I rather focus my energy on more important aspects.

signalmaker said:
Dear friends and members,

Regarding the language subject .. French issue - I guess there is another " more important " issue there, which is the regulation of Jobs.

which is much more complicated and almost has no solution; when they ask for Pharmacists, Doctors, and Engineers. While for a Doctor he needs 4 years to regulate his Job, and during this time he cannot work cos he would be studying of corse ! so he would need 200 000 $ to live in 4 years with wife and kids, without work, so do you still think that the irrational thing is the language of French ??

For an Engineer, he needs 2.5 years to regulate his Job, and what source of money will raise his children during then ? i dont think that studying 2-3 hours daily and working another 8 hours would work for 3 years, not to mention that his/her wife/husband will do the same regulation process !

What about Nurses ?? :)) they are Extremely needed right ? and in ALL PROVINCES right ? how many years a nurse would study ? and would be able to live with work and study 18 hours ??

For those who studied 12 years ago and would be so difficult to waive their certificates, what would you do ?

These are questions to be answered rather than questions about French or even English i believe.

Best Regards for all.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
vision2011 - you make an interestin point! Ofcourse, all these factors will come into picture later. But, I would take a year or two to realize all this and plan our move outside of QC. Atleast, until then we are expected to be in Quebec, I am sure that is all quebec is expecting from us and not a life time of "house arrest" in the province. If we do not find any job for our capacity then that is a different issue!

But, overall I think majority of us should be able to find a decent job in the province of quebec.

vision2011 said:
You still don't get it. do you?

There is something you have to know, u are now interested in staying Quebec, but how will you stay there with french difficulties while you can go for example to Alberta where you will be able to settle easily and make more money than Quebec, also you should think about the taxes in Quebec. So they know, taking you is like, oh these guys have been trying harder, so let us give them a chance, maybe 0.0001% will still stay here. Think twice!

Talk to people who are already there, they will tell you these stories. maybe in your heart you are honest and you gonna stay honest, but not everyone. we are being victims for those who run away.

Stay patient and don't get me wrong!!! I am trying to have some understanding.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi shootingstar,
well,thanks dude and congratulations for getting interview invite..
wish you good luck !
shootingstar said:
So, FINALLY! I received the interview invite. My interview is 2 months from now(CSQ interview).

I have one question - they have mentioned to bring original birth certificates and all school certificates, starting with high school. I'm not sure I have my birth certificate in original. Also, I submitted my bachelor's degree original transcript(sealed), so would I need to take that again? I think that itself was original.
shootingstar said:
I agree with this. Immigration takes a long time. Clearly, those people commenting here and accusing BIQs of being racist have not had experience wiht immigration systems in any country. Immigration can take a LONG time, you are applying to that Govt. to permanently settle there. PErmanently means they will be liable for you in the future helping you with whatever social services they can. Don't they have the right to screen applicants? Patience is indeed the key.

mkshah - as always you rock ;)

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
mkshah said:
Hi shootingstar,
well,thanks dude and congratulations for getting interview invite..
wish you good luck !
Thanks and I am not a dude :)
We, women, also exist on planet earth :)

dadabigboy

Feb 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
1212 CC CHARGE DATE 11-11-2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FSWP1 30/07/2014
Doc's Request.
waiting
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
PER 21-11-2014
IELTS Request
09-03-2013
Med's Request
28/05/2015
Med's Done....
03/06/2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/06/2015
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hello good people, I need an opinion I know we don't all work in BIQ . Does anyone think someone who has a double major degree in economics and statistics could claim AOT points or be awarded points for statistics? Since probability and statistics is one of the disciplines on the AOT. Table. Any opinion is welcomed , many thanks

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
well here goes something for all women,
no need to make your existence felt...
In fact, in the part of this world where I live, here we believe that women are the true happiness of home... In the role of mother, or wife or sister or daughter or friend. Women brings warmth, care, joy, happiness in the life of her loved ones.
Here, we worship goddesses, female part of mother nature and pay rituals on specific days called Navratri (Nine Nights) for goddess Amba.

So, with a due respect to all women..
shootingstar said:

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not only african, you have Maroc, Tunisie, Algerie et liban 100% francophone, french language is essntial for daily life hehe
Also some European countries, like Hungary, Italy etc. French language not easy at all,

The plan in 2015 no more English classes/or schools allowed, why 2015? because no enough french language teachers
When you decide to immigrate to quebec as family, you must think about french, officer focus too much on the family members, wife and kids,, i have friends were refused coz of wife and kids.

So for some people who say, ohh its easy for family, they need families,
I tell you not easy at all, if your kids are english educated, how they will study in school?
private school fees 17,000+$ per year :eek:

shootingstar said:
I'm happy to read this.

I do not understand why so many of us here are arguing over French "supremancy". It seems to me that most who are "for" the French and posting updates constantly are from African countries where French is one of the official language. Unfortunately, there are many others in this world from other parts of the world(not really African countries) that may not have the same skill of French but are well-educated and skilled for jobs. So obviously, these threats are aimed towards those of us.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immigration to usa seems it became easy
http://www.usimmigrationadvisor.com/lawyer-attorney-1932237.html

rsb80

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/11/2015
Nomination.....
24/11/2015
Med's Done....
09/12/2015
Passport Req..
25-4-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
10/2016
hii,

can some one plz give a points count on english and french ability..
2 different applicants...

myself
French Delf A1: Listening 14.5, Speaking 17.5
English IELTS: Listening 7.5, Speaking 6.5

my sister, her independent application
French Delf A1: Listening 22, Speaking 18
English IELTS: Listening 6.5, Speaking 6.5

thanx..