N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
mkshah said:
hi Indian4mSA & megalomax,
Pls read my below post.
This notice was announced on 29th June 2012, but as confirmed by many forum members here that, there are certain exceptions under which you can still apply for qsw. Such as if your aot is falling in list of 12 pts or 16 pts, you can apply under present rules of qsw.
Hope this clarifies your confusion and doubts.

For more info, pls refer to previous posts of this thread.
Mkshah, it is 6, 12 or 16 pts I think...

LiNa2010

Nov 5, 2010
Croatia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2012
AOR Received.
14/11/2012
Amirjs said:
Guys,

Please dont panic and dont read news articals!!! Quebec immigration has an official. Website
The official website clearly states who is still ealigable to apply. The changes has been made recently and lot of occupations are still ok to apply.
this is true! do not trust news articals....only official website!! ;)

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello friends,
Its been a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!! trust evryone is doing great...
by July 26th, it would av been 9months since i landed in Montreal and i wish to jsut share some of the few things i av come to know and experienced!

Before i proceed i will like to state that, i got my professioanl permit as a Chemist in the month of May which allows me to use the title of a chemist and also to work as same i got a Job in my field as a Chemical Analyst( Drug research and Development) with Kabs Pharmaaceutical Services on 11th July 2012. and i ahve since resumed.

CREDENTIAL EVALUATION:
Majority of the jobs available will never demand credential evaluation. and the reason is not far-fetched ( these are low paying jobs that apparently does not require any special skills)
But i also will like to state that there are also few very good jobs that are high paying hence they require credential evaluation
Some Employers that request for this are:

Government of Quebec:
The government of Quebec is a huge recruiter of new immigrants afterall they selected them ;D ;D ;D. and the jobs are really good with nice pecks.
one does not need to b fluent in french b4 one get recruited but credential evaluation is a MUST, other conditions are: professional membership permit for those who are in a regulated profession. Moreso, there is also an examination to b administered on all applicants for the purpose of shortlisting the candidates only those who passed will then go to the interview stage. a fluent level of french is absolutely NOT required bcos the government aim is to increase the number of non french speakers in public service. but after employment, the new employee will have to get enrol for french courses for to improve their french skillsskills

The recruitment process takes long time like 9months or even a year but then it is what it if one eventually get the job.
you can follow job postings with the government of Quebec at
http://www.carriere.gouv.qc.ca/

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
egrace62 said:
Hello friends,
by July 26th, it would av been 9months since i landed in Montreal and i wish to jsut share some of the few things i av come to know and experienced!

Before i proceed i will like to state that, i got my professioanl permit as a Chemist in the month of May which allows me to use the title of a chemist and also to work as same i got a Job in my field as a Chemical Analyst( Drug research and Development) with Kabs Pharmaaceutical Services on 11th July 2012. and i ahve since resumed.

CREDENTIAL EVALUATION:
Majority of the jobs available will never demand credential evaluation. and the reason is not far-fetched ( these are low paying jobs that apparently does not require any special skills)
But i also will like to state that there are also few very good jobs that are high paying hence they require credential evaluation

Government of Quebec:
The government of Quebec is a huge recruiter of new immigrants afterall they selected them ;D ;D ;D. and the jobs are really good with nice pecks.
one does not need to b fluent in french b4 one get recruited but credential evaluation is a MUST, other conditions are: professional membership permit for those who are in a regulated profession. Moreso, there is also an examination to b administered on all applicants for the purpose of shortlisting the candidates only those who passed will then go to the interview stage. a fluent level of french is absolutely NOT required bcos the government aim is to increase the number of non french speakers in public service. but after employment, the new employee will have to get enrol for french courses for to improve their french skillsskills

The recruitment process takes long time like 9months or even a year but then it is what it if one eventually get the job.
Hi egrace62!!! Long long time, I'm glad things are going great for you in QC. Good to see you back here :)

applicant.wife

Sep 8, 2011
egrace62 said:
Hello friends,

CREDENTIAL EVALUATION:

Government of Quebec:

Hi egrace62,

You're good man very good. I'm happy to your success... I hope and I pray will see you there in Montreal together with all the members of this forum... and let's get party... :D :D :D

Regards

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Government of MONTREAL
The same conditions as with the government of Quebec applies. the only difference is that, the exam is much more tougher here. suprisingly, they pay higher than the big father (Quebec) :D :D :D and the recruitement process is much more faster due to better application management since they use online application process unlike the paper based process still being used by Quebec. Job postings with the government of Montreal can b found at
ville.montreal.qc.ca

GENERALS
Due to the law in Quebec, all job will always ask for Bilingual( FREnch-ENGLISH) but in most cases, the employer need just english speakers but the law compels them to advertise jobs as bilingual or French only.. for instance in my new job, i work only in English even though i am confortable working in both now!!! but the job posting was written in french and the requested for excellent language skills in French-English

to b frank with you, some pple do quit Quebec but then nobody knows what will bcom of them when they want to bcom citizen. but as for me, i decided to stay and undertake all that needed b done to improve my chances in the quebecoise society.
The government of quebec might not be perfect, but then they r really trying with immigrants with the level of support and so on. just that immigrants dont dig out this informations and they just take decision to quit. it wasent easy for me as well cos i had to do different kind of jobs ad still attending french classes evryday. It was not easy at all, but when the going gets tough, only the tough get going... i could av call it quit but with God on my side and my determination i worked at it. and after obtaing my credential evaluation and professional permit, i found out that i am now qualified to get a letter from the government and the letter simply
states: the person whose name appears above is qualified for salary grant with emploi-quebec. and wat that simply means is that, the government will assist any company that hires me in paying half of my salary, my employer will only pay half. there-by reducing the salary burden on employers. i was told to attach this letter to every job application i make and that contributed in no small measure to my securing my good job. i am sharing this so that those who truly plan to stay in Quebec can know he cost of that decision and begin the process of their integration even long b4 their arrival and also to those who av landed and are not aware about some of these things, hey!!!! wake-up , there are several things going on!!!!!!
i hang it here for now!!
rgds

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
@ Nevillek and applicante-wife,
thanks for the words..... hope to see you guys soonest
rgds

applicante.ph

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 11 2013
egrace62 said:
Government of MONTREAL
The same conditions as with the government of Quebec applies. the only difference is that, the exam is much more tougher here. suprisingly, they pay higher than the big father (Quebec) :D :D :D and the recruitement process is much more faster due to better application management since they use online application process unlike the paper based process still being used by Quebec. Job postings with the government of Montreal can b found at
ville.montreal.qc.ca

GENERALS
Due to the law in Quebec, all job will always ask for Bilingual( FREnch-ENGLISH) but in most cases, the employer need just english speakers but the law compels them to advertise jobs as bilingual or French only.. for instance in my new job, i work only in English even though i am confortable working in both now!!! but the job posting was written in french and the requested for excellent language skills in French-English

to b frank with you, some pple do quit Quebec but then nobody knows what will bcom of them when they want to bcom citizen. but as for me, i decided to stay and undertake all that needed b done to improve my chances in the quebecoise society.
The government of quebec might not be perfect, but then they r really trying with immigrants with the level of support and so on. just that immigrants dont dig out this informations and they just take decision to quit. it wasent easy for me as well cos i had to do different kind of jobs ad still attending french classes evryday. It was not easy at all, but when the going gets tough, only the tough get going... i could av call it quit but with God on my side and my determination i worked at it. and after obtaing my credential evaluation and professional permit, i found out that i am now qualified to get a letter from the government and the letter simply
states: the person whose name appears above is qualified for salary grant with emploi-quebec. and wat that simply means is that, the government will assist any company that hires me in paying half of my salary, my employer will only pay half. there-by reducing the salary burden on employers. i was told to attach this letter to every job application i make and that contributed in no small measure to my securing my good job. i am sharing this so that those who truly plan to stay in Quebec can know he cost of that decision and begin the process of their integration even long b4 their arrival and also to those who av landed and are not aware about some of these things, hey!!!! wake-up , there are several things going on!!!!!!
i hang it here for now!!
rgds
Congrats egrace for all the success and courage in life!! :)
welcome back!! :) and thanks for all the info you have imparted us!!! --> "salary grant with emploi-quebec" i hope this applies to us also :))
God bless!!

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
I just spoke to BIQ, Hong Kong TWICE and they said that they are still accepting applications for skilled workers and the lady had heard of no new announcements on July 13th as per the 'Le soleil' article. Seems like the article was a misleading one. Request others to confirm.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi egrace62,
Its really nice to see you back in the forum.
And many congratulations for your success of getting govt of quebec certificate for your job.

I know this must have taken so much of hard work and efforts done by you. But now you have started a settled job and life.

Thanks so much for sharing this very imp infor. This will surely help all of us.

I wish you good luck and my best wishes with you n your family for a happy n fulfilliing life in quebec.

God bless. :)

egrace62 said:
Hello friends,

CREDENTIAL EVALUATION:

Government of Quebec:

gugumaan

Jul 13, 2012
hello there

I am gurpreet singh maan and i am playing for quebec with my wife but i am not quit sure. CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT HERE

we both are physiotherapists
i have 2 years experience

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Yes, everybody and all new applicants or will-be
applicants... Pls dont read all these news articles...

As already shared by so many members before, here I am again sharing that anyone who qualifies under the following CRITERIA can still apply for qsw. It is not on hold completely. :)

It as follows:
You or your accompanying spouse hold a diploma awarded by a teaching institution in an area of training allowing you to get 6 (see list, in French, 38 kb), 12 or 16 points under the area of training criterion of the selection grid for skilled workers (see list, in French, 35 kb). The number of years of study required to obtain your diploma must be at least equal to the number of years required to obtain that diploma in Québec. This diploma was obtained less than five years before the date of your application. Failing that, you must have practised, on a full-time basis and for at least one year out of the five years preceding the date of
your application, a profession or trade in an area
related to that diploma.

Link: www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/applications-receipt.html
LiNa2010 said:
this is true! do not trust news articals....only official website!! ;)

pkk_2009

Sep 11, 2009
Bonjour a tous,

Je aussi pense de envoyer mon application. J'ai tous les documents a l'exception DELF. Est-ce que vous guidez me pour the langue francaise. Quelle niveaue de francaise je dois connaitre?

Aider-moi,

rsb80

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03/11/2015
Nomination.....
24/11/2015
Med's Done....
09/12/2015
Passport Req..
25-4-2016
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
10/2016
Guys,

Can i apply without dependents for points 49+6 even though having dependents...

Also please advise on forms being filled and how can u call dependents later after getting PR..

thanx..