+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
vibez_well said:
regarding studies in Canada.... if you are granted a CAQ, then is it guaranteed that a student visa will be granted ? bcoz to apply as a student, you need to prove that you will return back to homecountry once you're course is over etc. This 'ties to home country' is the biggest hurdle.

does anyone have an idea about it ?
Well, I am not sure about it but I will answer you based on my understanding.

It all depends on the selection criteria used by Quebec government to award CAQs. Maybe they don't need to know how much money do you have or what are the ties to your home country, but they just want to make sure that you have the required educational background that will entitle you to get CAQ. In this case, the federal government will take care of that part along with the medical and/or criminal record.

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Stngr said:
Thanks Bachar, but as far as I remember changes with 16/25 points on DELF were introduced in september, maybe someone has older version?
Hello
Check this one , it is August 2011
http://jumbofiles.com/fqfjxv815ehi

Stngr

Dec 12, 2010
saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Nomination.....
March 23rd 2016
AOR Received.
April 13th 2016
Passport Req..
July 16th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR at August 5th 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 1st 2016
Bachar said:
Hello
Check this one , it is August 2011
http://jumbofiles.com/fqfjxv815ehi
Thanks a lot, as I suspected - not a single word about minimal points for DELF, just level A2 = 3 points x 2

knivesvente

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I want to express my sincerest gratitude for your response it has given me way to clear my path as I pursue my apllication. I decided to take the pain of applying both QSW and FSW as for the reason that I had already applied for the FSW last August 2, 2011 but the CIO responded that I wasn't able to reached the quota they had given on Registered Nurses due to the reason that they already completed the 500 nurses dated July 19, 2011.

I will apply for the CSQ for it to be process as I wait for the FSW quota to be reset. For that, I'll be able to have my application for CSQ started and to think I am not still sure if I will be able to reach the quota for this year.

Please help me throughout my application until I receive my Visa.

Additional Questions:

1. I am from the Philippines, can I apply for my CSQ be processed to another Canadian Visa Office instead in Hong Kong?

2. I am a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Nursing, what do I choose between the following choices? For me to ensure accurate result of my assessment.

Less than 10 years of full-time education
General high school diploma (in Québec, the diploma is obtained after completing 11 years of full-time education)
Professional high school diploma (in Québec, the diploma is obtained after completing 10 to 12 years of full-time education)
General post-secondary diploma - 1 year (in Québec, the diploma is obtained after completing 11 to 12 years of full-time education)
General post-secondary diploma - 2 years (in Québec, the diploma is obtained after completing 13 years of full-time education)
Technical post-secondary diploma - 1 year (in Québec, the diploma is obtained after completing 12 years of full-time education)
Technical post-secondary diploma - 2 years (in Québec, the diploma is obtained after completing 13 years of full-time education)
Technical post-secondary diploma - 3 years (in Québec, the diploma is obtained after completing 14 years of full-time education
Undergraduate diploma of university studies - 1 year (in Québec, the diploma is obtained after completing 14 years of full-time education)
Undergraduate diploma of university studies - 2 years (in Québec, the diploma is obtained after completing 15 years of full-time education)
Undergraduate diploma of university studies - 3, 4 or 5 years (in Québec, the diploma is obtained after completing 16 to 18 years of full-time education)
Graduate diploma of university studies - 2 years (in Québec, the diploma is obtained after completing 18 to 19 years of full-time education)
Post-graduate diploma of university studies

3. I am also a graduate of MASTER OF ARTS IN NURSING - a Graduate Course, but I haven't received my diploma yet. Can I ask for my school for certification that I had already finished the degree?

If yes, what to I choose on the choices above for education?

4. I am currently taking up my PhD - Industrial Psychology degree, can I have it included on my application?

If yes, what do I choose on the above choices for education?

Can I used that for another type of Visa application? ADVISE BADLY NEEDED. :(

5. Will my application for CSQ won't affect my application for FSW later on,once the quota for FSW has been reset this JULY?

6. My profession as a Registered Nurse is under a Regulatory Board, should I apply for my credentials to be accepted together with my application for my CSQ or can I do that once I have received my Visa and staying in Quebec?

7. "Technically if you clear well enough above the cutoffs, you dont need an interview. but most ppl end up with one anyways. so its very rare that you get a CSQ w/o an interview."

What do cutoffs mean?

8. Can I submit my application for CSQ anytime this month?

Thank you in advance for your patience in answering my questions. :D

mef

Jan 9, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
11-10-2010 (Interview & CSQ Received)
AOR Received.
07-03-2010 AOR (2):16-05-2010
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
20-12-2010 AOR Abu Dhabi 31-01-2011
Med's Request
16-08-2011
Med's Done....
10-09-2011 / additional medical on 22-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
26-08-2012
[size=10pt][size=10pt]People........

Decesion Made -------- Visas Issued!!!!! Thanks God

Mef & Vio
[/size][/size]

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
mef said:

Mef & Vio
[/size][/size]
Mashallah :) CONGRATULATION mef and wish you all the best in your new life in Quebec 8)

nursegio

Star Member
Sep 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2011
AOR Received.
01-11-2011
Interview........
Juin 5, 2012
Salut a touts! :) Je suis allez a HK cette Juin pour moi entrevue :) wish me luck guys!! merci merci merci :)

Tawa

Aug 5, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2013
Nomination.....
28-09-2013
Med's Request
30-12-2013
Med's Done....
04-01-2014
Apply for student visa and then apply for immigration
nevillek said:
Sounds good, thanks. But which one should I apply for first? Uni or Immi?

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
OsamaR said:
nevillek,

If you still have not applied yet for CSQ and you are willing to go and study anywhere in Quebec, then I suggest you go for that option. The advantage is that you can move to Quebec in few months, however, the tuition fees will be much higher than if you were landed immigrant.

If you need to study in Quebec you need to apply for somehting called Québec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ), Once you get that you can apply for student visa/study permit. It's like CSQ, once you get it you can apply for the federal immigration. Check this link for more details:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/index.html

There is a special program for Quebec student where they can apply for CSQ little before their graduation, and your chances of getting the CSQ increase if you know french very well. You need to start exploring that option and start reading more about the the options available for students to apply for CSQ. Check this link for more details:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/students/stay-quebec/application-csq/index.html

Good Luck with that :)
Hi OsamaR, thank you so much. That is some really useful information.

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
mef said:

Mef & Vio
[/size][/size]
Congratulations for you Mefleh, wish you the best

javeedislam

Feb 6, 2012
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
U112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2010
Doc's Request.
16 May 2014 updated on 03 Aug 2014
Nomination.....
Not yet
AOR Received.
26-04-2011
IELTS Request
03 August 2014 as well as TCFQ
File Transfer...
soon INSHALLAH
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Soon Inshallah
LANDED..........
soon by the Grace of Allah, Inshallah
mef said:

Mef & Vio
[/size][/size]
CONGRATULATIONS MEF, MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

mef

Jan 9, 2010
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
11-10-2010 (Interview & CSQ Received)
AOR Received.
07-03-2010 AOR (2):16-05-2010
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
20-12-2010 AOR Abu Dhabi 31-01-2011
Med's Request
16-08-2011
Med's Done....
10-09-2011 / additional medical on 22-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2012
LANDED..........
26-08-2012
Thanks Guys,

I am tracking the passports at Fedex Tracking, they left the embassy in Abu Dhabi, already in Transit........... can't wait, minutes are becoming days...... can't wait to see the Visa Stamp that we have been waiting for it for more than 2 years.........

I will keep you updated, expecting to receive passports on Sunday as per Fedex!

Kind Regards
Mef

ABMIR

Star Member
Jul 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-11
Doc's Request.
10-11-2012
Nomination.....
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
Paris:10-08-2011/CIO:04-04-12
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
25/04/12
Med's Request
16/05/12
Med's Done....
26/05/12
Interview........
14-02-2012
Passport Req..
08-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
when GOD wish
Katayoon said:
Hi mef, pls advise if you had to submit updated police certificates sometime before the visa was issued, after the old ones expired
Hello Katayoon
Did you submit your Police certificate with your application or you'll send it later on?
Let's hope it don't take long for them guys to process our file .
Keep posting,take care
God bless
ABMIR

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Abmir, yes I submitted police certificates but I am worried that we may be asked to resubmit if they get expired. I do not know how many months my file will be juggled at Sydney before it reaches London :-( Pity that the rules changed so that we have to submit these at the beginning. ???
BTW, do you know how many months it takes for the file to reach the visa office? The website says 10 months processing for London, but I feel that this does not include the time before the file reaches London.
ABMIR said:
Hello Katayoon
Did you submit your Police certificate with your application or you'll send it later on?
Let's hope it don't take long for them guys to process our file .
Keep posting,take care
God bless
ABMIR