BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
xse2573
all the best for your interview. here are some questions which you should prepare for.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7ktfjp37al81uab

xse2573 said:
Hello All

Please l am going for my CSQ=interview later this month...please advice needed

THANKS

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
vibez_well said:
xse2573
all the best for your interview. here are some questions which you should prepare for.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7ktfjp37al81uab
Thank you vibez_well for sharing this with us :)

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
knivesvente said:
Hello!

I'm from the Philippines and I'm planning to apply for the Quebec Selected Worker program. May I meekly ask for the following questions:

1. Do I need to go to Canadian Embassy in Hong Kong for me to file my application or Can I submit it through courier?
No, Courier will do.
2. How long does it take for me to wait before the result for my application on Certificat de selection du Québec in Hong Kong be released?
Since you're a nurse, you can look at getting an interview call within 6 months
3. What relevant documents should I submit along with my application?
download this checklist.. http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/dcs/documents-dcs-en.pdf
4. Do I need to provide my bank statement along with my application for Certificat de selection du Québec?
Not required while applying
5. Is it necessary for me to submit French Language examination or IELTS alone will do?
you need to submit the test scores for the language that you wish to claim points for. no scoresheet=no points.
6. Can I still apply for Federal Skilled Worker program while waiting for the result of my application for Certificat de selection du Québec?
yes you can. but then why take the trouble of applying to QSW. it takes longer than FSW and you can work anywhere without issues.
7. Will I be able to have additional points having an Aunt living in Vancouver, B.C.?
No points for an aunt. Only Spouse,Child, parent, sibling, grandparents : 3 points

Years of Experience: 4 years
Relative in Canada: Aunt
Location of Relative: Vancouver, B.C.

Thank you in advance! Your response on my queries will provide me strong affirmation to pursue my application.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi mef, pls advise if you had to submit updated police certificates sometime before the visa was issued, after the old ones expired
mef said:
Janki,

You don't need to include the original IELTS within your file, you must ask British Council to send it to the Canadian Embassy! you van include copies only and writ eon them original to follow via BC.

All the luck
mef

bonjourquebec

Mar 7, 2012
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to submit my application after my DELF exam this may. Just want to get clarification if business management is included in the priority list?

Thanks in advance.

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonjourquebec said:
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to submit my application after my DELF exam this may. Just want to get clarification if business management is included in the priority list?I am afraid, BM is not in the priority list

Thanks in advance.

badalpharm

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
Thunder Bay, ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
Doc's Request.
no
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
25-11-2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
13-05-2014
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
21-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-02-2015
OsamaR said:
Hi badalpharm,

First of all I recommend to assess your case with David Cohen since you are already in Canada.

If I were you, I would submit my file without claiming any points for English and French language proficiency and start taking french courses immediately.

I hope I was able to answer your concern and that my answer is correct:)

Good Luck.
Thanks Osama R,

I have consulted with office of David only, They said they PREFER to apply with French score, It is not mandatory.

I am also planning to apply without French, but I am in confusion.
I am a PhD candidate, and my spouse work full time, so it is hard to learn French and prepare for exam in short time.

I have also contacted ministry of immigration, Quebec, and they said the same as you.

I am only afraid that, If I apply without French, They may think that I have no intention to settle in Quebec, I am just using this way to get PR.

ABMIR

Star Member
Jul 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-11
Doc's Request.
10-11-2012
Nomination.....
14-02-2012
AOR Received.
Paris:10-08-2011/CIO:04-04-12
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
25/04/12
Med's Request
16/05/12
Med's Done....
26/05/12
Interview........
14-02-2012
Passport Req..
08-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
when GOD wish
angeleye said:
congratulations Abmir, and best of luck !
[/quote
Thanks Angie,
HoPe to join you soon inshallah ,by the way when are you planning to land?
Wish you all the best.
God bless
ABMIR

destCAD

Aug 17, 2011
Pittsburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal North America
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2011-09-29
AOR Received.
2011-11-16
Med's Request
2013-10-11
Med's Done....
2013-11-25
Interview........
2013-06-14
hi OsamaR,
My application was sent to Montreal Office, i live and work in USA.

Here are my details again...Thank you.

Nationality: India
Opened on: 2011-08-19
Submitted date: 2011-09-29
AOR date: 0011-11-16
Interview date:
Medical date:
V.O. Deadline:
Destination:
Category: QC
Embassy: Montreal
NOC :2147

Thank you.

destCAD

Aug 17, 2011
Pittsburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Montreal North America
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2011-09-29
AOR Received.
2011-11-16
Med's Request
2013-10-11
Med's Done....
2013-11-25
Interview........
2013-06-14
This is my second time post on the same question, i presume, nobody got a chance to look at it closely.
Kindly bear with me...

I've used David Cohen's law firm to file my QSW, they have mapped me to a NOC 2147 which is more of a hardware engineer profile, where as all my career i have been a software engineer.

I'm of the opinion that the NOC codes 2173 is more precise for my current role as a Technical architect. I have also performed roles equivalent to a Project manager for 4 years which then maps me to NOC 0213.

I'm not very knowledgeable person in these specifics. Could anyone of you throw some light on the below questions ?

1) Whether NOC mismatches like mine, cause any problem during in QSW interview or later during job search/employment with a potential Quebec employer.
2) Will the Visa Office entertain any such changes at this moment will it cause any delays ?

Kindly advice. Thank you.

Stngr

Dec 12, 2010
saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2015
Nomination.....
March 23rd 2016
AOR Received.
April 13th 2016
Passport Req..
July 16th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR at August 5th 2016
LANDED..........
Nov 1st 2016
kash11 said:
Is some one know how english languge points were awarded before 5th December.
I have the same question, maybe someone has an old GPI, from first part of 2011 by any chance

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Stngr said:
I have the same question, maybe someone has an old GPI, from first part of 2011 by any chance
Hello,
This is the GPI of Sept. 2011
http://jumbofiles.com/0qdchvnzvwb6

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
destCAD, my opinion is that it really doesnt matter... because there is no "eligible NOC" list as such. so its ok. if you want to get it out of the way, send out a letter explaning the same. it wont delay your processing. you can always point this out during your interview etc too.

destCAD said:
This is my second time post on the same question, i presume, nobody got a chance to look at it closely.
Kindly bear with me...
used David Cohen's law firm to file my QSW, they have mapped me to a NOC 2147 which is more of a hardware engineer profile, where as all my career i have been a software engineer.

I'm of the opinion that the NOC codes 2173 is more precise for my current role as a Technical architect. I have also performed roles equivalent to a Project manager for 4 years which then maps me to NOC 0213.

I'm not very knowledgeable person in these specifics. Could anyone of you throw some light on the below questions ?

1) Whether NOC mismatches like mine, cause any problem during in QSW interview or later during job search/employment with a potential Quebec employer.
2) Will the Visa Office entertain any such changes at this moment will it cause any delays ?

Kindly advice. Thank you.

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Hey guys,

No reply so asking this question 3rd time :( :

Can we apply for a student visa to go and study in QC while our QSW PR is still pending? (because QSW process is now taking 18-24 months which is terribly long)

Or will the Canadian authorities see this as 'attempts to enter Canada faster through alternate ways'?

Hoping to get an answer this time, thank you very much.