+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

chibiks

Apr 12, 2010
@ egrace
Its about the grace of God (as ur profile also rightly says), negotiation and options. that salary is almost illegal! does it meet the minimum wage in Quebec? Even secretaries and amin staff in Ontario easily make $40k. And when an employer plays the lack of french fluency line, answer them that you can be business functional. Dont forget if they see a way to make you work for zero dollars they would!

In my post I meant other parts of Quebec - I was about to once apply for a job in Northern Quebec as a teacher. They were BEGGING for applicants and even pay for your housing. So explore your options in Quebec.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chibiks said:
@ egrace
i updated my reply with some comments for u in red above.

yea think about it. more people leave to toronto, more opportunity for YOU! Quebec doesnt end in montreal. in other parts you can be employed without fluent french well i think in other part of quebec except Montreal and HULL , it is purely french hence it reallyy might be difficult.but then with determination one can always surmount any hurdle.i knw of two ladies here who as at the time they landed, they couldnt speak either of English or french.. one is just a 20yrs and she is now very very fluent in french she still cannot speak english but then her story was just unbelievabel to me.. she told me how she usually cry evryday when she newly arrived from Sri-lanka.cos he couldnt speak a word. even when she needed something she dosent knw what to say... it was a laughing spree when she narrated her ordeal to me. she planned commencing English class 2012. it is her 3rd year in Montreal... the other lady is much more older than the 1st. she came from Poland. she couldnt speak english nor french but today she is now a P.hd in chemisrty holder from concordia University. she speaks more of english now than french but her french is good enough and she is still learning. if u want something strongly enough and long enough, you will get it cheers!

dreamingforcanada

Dec 20, 2011
dreamingforcanada said:
Hi mkshah, i cannot reply to your message, still not allowed for PM.

To answer your questions, please see below:

1) Qualification - Bachelor of Science in Office Administration, 2004 - from Phil.
Also tell me total how many years of studies you did for your Bachelors of Science in Office Administration? - 4 years
A. How many years in your degree studies? - 14years from primary till degree
Is this the same as Bachelors of Science in Secretarial in Administration? Yes

Regarding Bachelors of Science in Secretarial in Administration, pls see, there is a note at the bottom of page 1 in the link I provided.
It goes like this:
The evaluation of the 'Bachelor' of 4 years is Three years of technical collegiate studies - Diploma of collegiate studies - does this means that the below bachelors are not qualified.
Bachelor of Science in Aircraft Technology, in Food Technology, in Industrial Technology, in Marine Transportation, in Medical Technology, in Radiologic Technology, in Nursing, in Secretarial Administration.

2) Age – 36 14 points

3) Work Exp - 15years (as legal secretary, Executive Secretary (office administrator) 8 points

4) Language - IELTS (will take)
French - will be enrolling to claim points
Along with your application, if you are not submitting any results for French & / or English Proficiency then you will not get any points for it.
5) 2 kids (10year old & 8month old) total 8 points for 2 kids below 12 years
6) No relative in Quebec
7) Funds no problem 1 point

My spouse details are as follows,
1) Age – 39 2 points
2) Qualification - Secondary Graduate – 1992 - 10 years

3) French - will be enrolling to claim points Along with your application, if you are not submitting any results for French & / or English Proficiency, then you will not get any points for it.
4) No relative in Quebec

My job descriptions is more on NOC 1221. Also, my graduate course is not on the List for the Area of Trainings, how can I claim points to that?

Thanks a lot! :)
Please answer my above query, I need to know if I am qualified for CSQ, mkshah already had initial response but I need the other to be checked.

Merci

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chibiks said:
@ egrace
Its about the grace of God (as ur profile also rightly says), negotiation and options. that salary is almost illegal! does it meet the minimum wage in Quebec? Even secretaries and amin staff in Ontario easily make $40k. And when an employer plays the lack of french fluency line, answer them that you can be business functional. Dont forget if they see a way to make you work for zero dollars they would! well they dare not play the no french line cos i usually deliberately do my interview in mixture of english and french... but i think there major joker is that of canadian experience which i am now building.... whao that will be great perhaps i will begin looking at other parts of quebec... but for some starnge reasons, i am loving Montreal since its is the centre of evry thing

In my post I meant other parts of Quebec - I was about to once apply for a job in Northern Quebec as a teacher. They were BEGGING for applicants and even pay for your housing. So explore your options in Quebec.

varunynr

Nov 30, 2010
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HKong
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
29-09-2011
IELTS Request
Band 8 , Attached with Application along with French DELF results
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
For all QSW applicants : Important link specifying French and English Linguistic requirement calculation chart(Page 38). Document is in French.

http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/home.php#

Regards

Varun

ParagP

Dec 10, 2011
Hi mkshah,
Thanx buddy...for clearing the doubts.
Could you please help me with this .I have very genuine question at the moment which could decide whether I should proceed with CSQ or not.........as you said earlier only the prefered field are considered for above criteria(>5yrs).If i have passed my Pharmaceutical education(4years)which is equivalent to Quebec (DSC )diploma. But I have passsed my B.pharm in the year 2006 and i do have total 3.5yrs exp.along with MBA(part time manipal univesity).I do have managerial level exp but that is not related to my MBA core subject.So do you think my application will be considered???I could be easily qualfied if the above hindrance is waived.Are there any chances I could proceed with application as soon as possible to come out of the danger zone.?? I am about to ready with all my documents but when I read about this i was shocked.I also could not claim my points for the PG-MBA since its not from IGNOU.(i am still confuse with this why only IGNOU part time degree is considered and we knw the standard of this?????)

So,Pleazzzzzzz get me out this ........im so frustrated.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi ParagP,
I would like to give some details regarding AOT and points for AOT & preferred list of training areas. :)
An applicant will allways get points for his education, even if it is more than 5 years old. Generally points for education are awarded for the latest and highest level of education, if the applicant has more than one degree. Also the education with higher points is generally considered for giving points.
The points will be calculated based on general guidelines of QSW (refer to GP-3-1)as well as specific training equivanents decided for each country. For ex. The same degree of Bachelors of Commerce done from India will have different points than Bachelors of Commerce done from some other country, say Pakistan.

The main thing for you is points for AOT, and here the 5 yr criteria is applicable. AOT is related to your work experience and your education considered for giving points. Even if your education is older than 5 yrs, then you must have acquired at least 1 yr of full-time work experience in last 5 years preceding the date of ur application in a field related to ur education, in order to get points for AOT.
Moreover, preferred list of training has nothing to do with points. If ur education falls in this category, than ur application will get priority over others, and ur processing time will be faster than the rest.
For distance-learning/part-time education done from India, they recognise only IGNOU. No knowledge about why it is considered so.
I hope I have now cleared all your doubts. :)
Good Luck buddy for your application. :)

ParagP said:
Hi mkshah,
Thanx buddy...for clearing the doubts.
Could you please help me with this .I have very genuine question at the moment which could decide whether I should proceed with CSQ or not.........as you said earlier only the prefered field are considered for above criteria(>5yrs).If i have passed my Pharmaceutical education(4years)which is equivalent to Quebec (DSC )diploma. But I have passsed my B.pharm in the year 2006 and i do have total 3.5yrs exp.along with MBA(part time manipal univesity).I do have managerial level exp but that is not related to my MBA core subject.So do you think my application will be considered???I could be easily qualfied if the above hindrance is waived.Are there any chances I could proceed with application as soon as possible to come out of the danger zone.?? I am about to ready with all my documents but when I read about this i was shocked.I also could not claim my points for the PG-MBA since its not from IGNOU.(i am still confuse with this why only IGNOU part time degree is considered and we knw the standard of this?????)

So,Pleazzzzzzz get me out this ........im so frustrated.

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
mkshah said:
Hi mdammalli,
As you said earlier..
I have couriered application for Quebec selection certificate (CSQ) on 22nd Nov 2011. As per the courier acknowledgement the documents has been reached HK BIQ on 28th Nov 2011.

Now, in your situation, what I can suggest is that you can call them on the numbers provided on BIQ HK website. Tell them about your problem that after sending your application, you came to know about credit card payment, and now you want to send them the payment by DD. They will surely suggest you a way out of this situation. Also you can send them a mail from the link provided on the website mentionig your problem. They will reply within 3 working days.

To help them track them to your parcel, you must mention in your mail,your first name, your last name, your date of birth, your country of residence, your passport number and date of sending your courier to them.

Keep us updated about status of your application. :)
Thanks lot again Shah for your kind response

I tried to call on given number but all the time I'm getting automated voice based response saying that all employees are busy.
And also, I sent querry through the link provided in their website.

I'll update you the response if I get any..

FINGER CROSSED, HOPING FOR THE BEST..

Thanks
-Malatesh

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
good luck buddy :)
mdammalli said:
Thanks lot again Shah for your kind response

I tried to call on given number but all the time I'm getting automated voice based response saying that all employees are busy.
And also, I sent querry through the link provided in their website.

I'll update you the response if I get any..

FINGER CROSSED, HOPING FOR THE BEST..

Thanks
-Malatesh

varunynr

Nov 30, 2010
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HKong
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2011
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
29-09-2011
IELTS Request
Band 8 , Attached with Application along with French DELF results
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
NA
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
NA
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
Dear Frds,

Just wondering where does the NOC appear on the QSW form. I am not sure if my application falls in NOC ?

@MKShah : COuld you please share the link mentioning the details for NOC #.

I presume it might point to specific on demand occupations like nursing etc. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks

Varun

dionmanu

Dec 27, 2011
Hello Guys,

First of all, I would like to thank all of you participating in this forum. The newbies of the Canadian immigration system, like me, learn a lot from this forum.

I recently had this desire to immigrate to Quebec (fell in love with it while visiting a few times). So basically now I am still at the very beginning of the process and would like get some recommendations or advices from anyone willing to give some. Here what my profile looks like:

Education: Associate degree, Bachelor in Physics, Bachelor in Electrical Engineering (all obtained in the US)
Experience: +1 year at a state level office in the US
Language: I am a Native French Speaker and Fluent in English as all my university degrees have been obtained in the US. (Any Test Required for me??)

Spouse: Completing her bachelor in Nursing in May 2012, she has some experience as Nursing Assistant (PT during school and FT during school breaks and summers for the past 2 years), only speaks English, and age is between 21 and 49.

Dependents: 2 dependents under the age of 12.

The online self-assessment tool gave me a score above the required score but I wanted to get some insights from you guys on my chances and processing timeline before starting any paperwork.

Any advices or comments are welcomed.

Thanks in advance and Happy new year to you all.

TJ CAN

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mkshah said:
hi TJ CAN
Pls give ur basic details here for qsw immigration points calculation, so that we can help u in calculating points.
Hi mkshah, I'm bit confusing with my points. Kindly help me to calculate my points.

Following is my details,

- French Proficiency A1 (Still following)
- English Proficiency (List 3+Speak2)
- Master's Degree (2009)
- Area of Training- (8 years exp in Finance)
Business Administration (DCS - 3 years) –Section-C
- Financial self sufficiency (Cutoff score =1)
- 18 to 35 years of age (28 Y)
- Experience-48 months and over (8 years)
- For each child 12 years of age or younger (6 months old child)
- Spouse 18 to 35 years of age (28 Y)
- Spouse Secondary school general diploma (A/L)
- Spouse Oral interaction-French A1 (Still following)

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
TJ CAN said:
Hi mkshah, I'm bit confusing with my points. Kindly help me to calculate my points.
Hi TJ CAN, pls provide some more clarity:
Following is my details,

- French Proficiency A1 (Still following) have u cleared A1 exam or still preparing for next A1 exam? If cleared, what are ur scores in "Comprehension Orale" and "Expression Orale" sections?
- English Proficiency (List 3+Speak2) have u given here the points or it is bands secured by you?
- Master's Degree (2009) which specialization, for how many years and what is the total duration of ur overall studies?
- Area of Training- (8 years exp in Finance)
Business Administration (DCS - 3 years) –Section-C is this your masters education or bachelors education?
- Financial self sufficiency (Cutoff score =1)
- 18 to 35 years of age (28 Y)
- Experience-48 months and over (8 years)
- For each child 12 years of age or younger (6 months old child)
- Spouse 18 to 35 years of age (28 Y)
- Spouse Secondary school general diploma (A/L) what is A/L?
- Spouse Oral interaction-French A1 (Still following) pls see same question as in yours french proficiency.

gladiusraj

Aug 3, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Ready for reapply
Normally is it easy to get 16 points out of 25 in DELF A1 exam in Listening and speaking ????

I know it's depend on preparation of person, but generally how much score can some body get in A1 exam with a average preparation in delf A1 ???

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Hello mkshah,
how are you ?
thank you for your great efforts here, it helps a lot
i have send HK BIQ an email as you advised me to do, but there is no reply
i feel so bad that i couldn't get any information or update about my file, and i am worried that it could be returned due to the regulations after 6 Dec.
Is there anything else i can do now ?? or just wait till they send me an email back ?