+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

TJ CAN

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lirjan said:
In my opinion and my experience in the Interview the officer is not familiar with your case. He will calculate your points during the interview.
I have not sent any language test or whatever, anyway the rules are changed but even if you will take with you the French or English Test from TOEFL or IELTS your capabilities of talking will be judge by the officer and the point you are calculating will be not the same in the interview, Believe me on this , i was calculating many time my case but in the end my calculation did not matter, the officer did his calculation based in my interview.

Good luck buddy and prepare your self well. :)
Hi, You mean that we have to keep some additional points before we submit application? In my case I have 56 points without french.

TJ CAN

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I need to know whether my spouse can get points for Advance Level Examination under following criteria,
"Secondary School General Diploma"
because in Canada A/L exam is consider as high school diploma. Please advice.

GalaxyQ

Nov 25, 2011
Bonjour! Just want share this nice blog of a Quebec immigrant sharing their experiences and activities. It is in French so for some, you can translate the blog website to English using babelfish(dot)yahoo(dot)com. Enjoy!

http:)//)chtisquebecois(dot)canalblog(dot)com/

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
the pages on this thread is increasing at a geometrical rate...
i cant even catch up.......

congratulations Caribgrl55..... and in addition t the PM, i can just change like 100$ at the airport in Montreal incase u might wanna buy some things. the bulk of the money shold b treated as discussed in tthe PM..

et al: Montreal is fine and cool...... but i must tell u that most MONTRELAISE are not happy :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
cos the snow has refused to come down... they are not happy cos there wont be a WHITE CHRISTMAAS this year....
The weather Agency here said it will take only a miracle for MONTREAL and other major cities in Canada to have a White Christmas...
the youths are not happy cos they cant go sking, ice skating blah, blah, blah...

But as for me, i am very very happy, that snow is yet to fall... temperature has been fare. it hasent fall to -6 degrees. the least we have gone is -4degrees. most days we are always on 3 to 4 degrees. am happy that at least the delay is really giving me the needed time to adapt to the cool weather b4 we plunge into -35 degrees...
But we were also promised that the snow this year will be very very very heavy....
so those of you planning to come say January, u av got to come prepared..
cheers

gigianne2011

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Visa Office......
HK /
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egrace62 said:

congratulations Caribgrl55..... and in addition t the PM, i can just change like 100$ at the airport in Montreal incase u might wanna buy some things. the bulk of the money shold b treated as discussed in tthe PM..

et al: Montreal is fine and cool...... but i must tell u that most MONTRELAISE are not happy :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
cos the snow has refused to come down... they are not happy cos there wont be a WHITE CHRISTMAAS this year....
The weather Agency here said it will take only a miracle for MONTREAL and other major cities in Canada to have a White Christmas...
the youths are not happy cos they cant go sking, ice skating blah, blah, blah...

Wow egrace! and finally you're in montreal.. do you have friends or family who are already there where you stay with right now? how's job? how many times in a day you speak french, or i mean do you speak french all the time when you talk to people there? again, congratulations! and also for your luck of not having snow this xmas... =)
But as for me, i am very very happy, that snow is yet to fall... temperature has been fare. it hasent fall to -6 degrees. the least we have gone is -4degrees. most days we are always on 3 to 4 degrees. am happy that at least the delay is really giving me the needed time to adapt to the cool weather b4 we plunge into -35 degrees...
But we were also promised that the snow this year will be very very very heavy....
cheers

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks dear. my being in Montreal is no longer a news cos by december 26th, i would av spent 2months in Montreal!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have no-one here but God.... A tough skin and a tender heart is all that one needs to survive here and of cos with God. tous sera bien.
most pple here are bilangual, so one can alway switch whenevr althogh usually the pple are more fluent in one than the other.

As per speaking french: i wish to tell u that there are pple who had spent over 20yrs in Montreal and yet, they cannot put together a simple phrase in French... so it is a matter of determination to learn. those that dont speak french will always have a way but believe u me it is much more easier if one speaks french. so every day i ensure i spend hrs in french class where we speak only french and dedicate 2hrs per day for listening and checking up new words in french. i wrk in English though i hope to switch to a bilingual wrk this december. just training my ears for the maintime to e able to pick the accent here

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
egrace62 said:

cheers
Hi egrace... :)
How r u bro?
Its really really nice to see u back on the forum.... :)
I know its been very busy for u and it is very practical getting adjusted to the new life, new place, new people, new job...
But, also we all know ur persistence that u can do it man....! Just keep it up.
Howz ur life shaping up there in dreamland?
Keep sharing ur stories with us.... Those stories works like boosters for all of us here waiting for our turn to come ... :)
And yes.... We miss u here bro...
I wish u good life for u n ur family :)

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, I got this email from my agent who submitted my application. though I am planning not to sit for the exam.

Thank you for your email.

Although the French tests are mandatory in new submission, we have been advised by the government that old cases must be encouraged to sit for the test prior to their interview.

Therefore, please arrange to sit for either the TEFAQ / TCFQ (which are oral exams) or for the DELF/DALF (which include all 4 abilities).

We still haven’t received the result of the equivalence. I will be inquiring on January 15 regarding it.

Best regards,

lirjan

Star Member
Aug 16, 2009
Tirana
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
NOC 4152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
21-06-2010
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Federal Sent 05-12-2011
Med's Request
26-12-2012
Med's Done....
03-01-2013
Interview........
30 March 2011 (CSQ received 14 November 2011)
Passport Req..
20/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
02/04/2013
LANDED..........
27/04/2013
egrace62 how are you buddy?

I am happy to hear from you. Hope that everything is fine there. Wait for me man :), i got the CSQ and i have applied my documents to the federals now.

If you see "wings or shahi" tell them we would love to hear any news.

Take care , when you have some free time just walk here to tell us your experiences.

hello3384

Dec 14, 2011
hello friend, I am also from India and almost in the same situation as of you. Was about to submit the application and now totally confused. How you calculated the points? Using the online tool? Will you please share the info. on how to calculate the score other than using the online tool. Thanks

titov said:
As per the new rules on Dec 5th , we have to submit the proof for language proficiency along with the application,if we claim any points for language proficiency.

1. If I do not satisfy 49 points , say I only have 47 points ( because Im learning french now , so 2 points less ) ,can I apply with my IELTS score alone, my points will be 47 only ( without french ) , will my case be rejected ?

It is said that we need a minimum of 49 points as a Bachelor , the rest 6 point will be given at the interview time totaling 55 points.

2. If I satisfy 49 points (suppose I get 2 points after learning french ) , will I be given 6 points if I perform well in the interview ?

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
egrace62 said:

cheers
Thanks Egrace for such a quick response and warm wishes:) You definitely seem to be keeping very busy. Although you had no friends or family when you landed, I'm sure you are meeting people and making friends. Did you say you were in the Cotes des Neiges area?

Yes, the visa office have both my medicals and passport as of yesterday, so the ball is in their court. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
egrace62 said:

cheers
egrace62, its really so nice of you to stay in touch with all of us ;D and as mkshah said below:

mkshah said:
Keep sharing ur stories with us.... Those stories works like boosters for all of us here waiting for our turn to come ... :)
You are really keeping us encouraged :)

Wish you all the best and good luck in MONTREAL.. See you soon in the near future my friend.. :)

Osama

harit79

Aug 5, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was reading one blog related to montreal.
I hope that might be useful to other forum members.

http://www.expat-blog.com/en/guide/north-america/canada/1191-find-a-job-in-quebec.html

raph_04

Jul 13, 2011
meemansa said:
Hi Osama
Please modified date & add N.O.C.

Member BIQ/Visa Office CSQ App. Sent 1st AOR Interview CSQ NOC

Meemansa HK/New Delhi 01.09.2011 20.10.2011 Awaiting ---- 2131

Thankx 4 good job
Hi Meemansa,

From where in India, I am also civil engineer and need your to help for quebec.
Thanks
raph