22-09-2012
Interview........
26-04-2012 QSW, Waived for Federal
Passport Req..
20-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-11-2012
alexbellamy said:
There is no priority processing for QSW during the federal part. It takes as long as the website says...
Website states that processing time is 7 months, so I guess its not to bad.

Patriots1700

Apr 9, 2012
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,

I am getting all my documents ready and about to take my tests for French and English soon..i had some questions that were still not clear to me so i end up paying a consultant for the question that i had ,my interview with him was for one hour and some stuff that he told me kind of got me thinking about his service which are very expensive by the way and yes i made sure he was legit for quebec.

First off we calculated my points and he said i had 72 points with my family , that there was a good chance we wouldn't need any interview .
He said that i would need to show that my marriage is a real , and i don't know why i would have to go through all that when i am applying for skilled worker ,then he said i need 6 months of bank statement someone here told me that all i need for quebec is to file the contract and sign it for the selection and that my wife bank statement for landing was fine but this guy is saying something different ,i had the feeling that he was making the process sound so complicated , so i know a lot of you guys are going through this process already or already went through it and are in the federal process , can you guys tell me if you had to provide all this ? If not would you please post a list of everything that was in your application ? Also what got me second guessing was the part about my diploma and work , i should complete my bachelor on the IT field next year but i have been working with my associate degree on IT as a computer support and he said that i might not be able to apply because my diploma was two years but that he could put my school transcript to show that i already completed the 3 years ( can he even do that? sounds weird to me ) , but when i compare my diploma it's a college level technical training of quebec and AOT Computer Support (DVS - 1,800 hours / 2 years) but he didn't mention these details to me( All this after he calculated my points ). I kind of feel suspicious about this , so my post is mostly to get some insight to know if i am being lied to in order for this person to get hired or something. He also mention the number of application they already have so far out of the 14,300 how can he even have such info ? its not on the quebec website . The fee is the thousands , so i need to know if it's something i can do on my own and if like me some of you found all this kind of weird . I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me what they included on their application ( the list of documents) ,he also said i need my W-2 i am working in the US. Thanks a lot guys

sam_CSQ

Apr 28, 2012
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and quite confused about my points. I hope you guys advice could help me to clear out my doubts.

I have the following degrees and do not know how to calculate points since one of my degree in QUEBC Group 2 and Group C.

My degrees:

Bachelor degree: Electronics and Communication Engineering ( 4 years)

Masters degree: Applied Electronics ( 2 years)

Masters degree: MBA in Marketing and Strategic Management ( in final semester, will be graduated on 2013, Jan)(Taiwan)

Doctorate: PhD in Electronics ( 4 years) (Taiwan)

Experience: 3.5 years as Professor ( Engineering)

IELTS: 6 listening, 7.5 Speaking

TCFQ: A2 L, A2 S
Sex: Female

When I try to evaluate online in Quebec website, it shows negative result. However, if select option that my degree is recognized under MRA in quebec then it shows positive.

My questions are:

1.As I know, only France Engineering degree( Electrical, Electronics, Civil) is recognized in Quebec, however, they mentioned, you can apply for Junior Engineer permit if your degree is recognized under Washington accord agreement.My PhD degree is recognized under "A washington accord agreement, moreover, I am not working on Electrical area since I am teaching, so Do I need to apply as Electrical Engineer or Educational Science.

I am very confused about this. Do I need to apply for QUEBEC equivalent certificate for my PhD. If I do not proof then my degree fall under Group C which has no option to apply.

2. How about MBA? Do we need any proof? One strange thing is, list of training shows only Bachelor degree in Business administration where as my Bachelor degree is not related business, So If apply through MBA route, does this cause a problem? Can I count my teaching experience if apply through MBA route.

I am very very confused. Please help me.

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Patriots1700 said:
Hello Everyone,

I am getting all my documents ready and about to take my tests for French and English soon..i had some questions that were still not clear to me so i end up paying a consultant for the question that i had ,my interview with him was for one hour and some stuff that he told me kind of got me thinking about his service which are very expensive by the way and yes i made sure he was legit for quebec.

First off we calculated my points and he said i had 72 points with my family , that there was a good chance we wouldn't need any interview .
He said that i would need to show that my marriage is a real , and i don't know why i would have to go through all that when i am applying for skilled worker ,then he said i need 6 months of bank statement someone here told me that all i need for quebec is to file the contract and sign it for the selection and that my wife bank statement for landing was fine but this guy is saying something different ,i had the feeling that he was making the process sound so complicated , so i know a lot of you guys are going through this process already or already went through it and are in the federal process , can you guys tell me if you had to provide all this ? If not would you please post a list of everything that was in your application ? Also what got me second guessing was the part about my diploma and work , i should complete my bachelor on the IT field next year but i have been working with my associate degree on IT as a computer support and he said that i might not be able to apply because my diploma was two years but that he could put my school transcript to show that i already completed the 3 years ( can he even do that? sounds weird to me ) , but when i compare my diploma it's a college level technical training of quebec and AOT Computer Support (DVS - 1,800 hours / 2 years) but he didn't mention these details to me( All this after he calculated my points ). I kind of feel suspicious about this , so my post is mostly to get some insight to know if i am being lied to in order for this person to get hired or something. He also mention the number of application they already have so far out of the 14,300 how can he even have such info ? its not on the quebec website . The fee is the thousands , so i need to know if it's something i can do on my own and if like me some of you found all this kind of weird . I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me what they included on their application ( the list of documents) ,he also said i need my W-2 i am working in the US. Thanks a lot guys
Hello, can you please share ur file details ( age, experience, AOT, and other information) so we can help calculating points
No need for 6 months bank statement, just sign the Contract respecting financial self-sufficiency (A-0522-OA). , if they need this statement in BIQ the would clearly mention it
I am waiting to members to correct me if i was wrong

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
sam_CSQ said:
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and quite confused about my points. I hope you guys advice could help me to clear out my doubts.

I have the following degrees and do not know how to calculate points since one of my degree in QUEBC Group 2 and Group C.

My degrees:

Masters degree: MBA in Marketing and Strategic Management ( in final semester, will be graduated on 2013, Jan)(Taiwan)

When I try to evaluate online in Quebec website, it shows negative result. However, if select option that my degree is recognized under MRA in quebec then it shows positive.

My questions are:

1.As I know, only France Engineering degree( Electrical, Electronics, Civil) is recognized in Quebec, however, they mentioned, you can apply for Junior Engineer permit if your degree is recognized under Washington accord agreement.My PhD degree is recognized under "A washington accord agreement, moreover, I am not working on Electrical area since I am teaching, so Do I need to apply as Electrical Engineer or Educational Science.

I am very confused about this. Do I need to apply for QUEBEC equivalent certificate for my PhD. If I do not proof then my degree fall under Group C which has no option to apply.

2. How about MBA? Do we need any proof? One strange thing is, list of training shows only Bachelor degree in Business administration where as my Bachelor degree is not related business, So If apply through MBA route, does this cause a problem? Can I count my teaching experience if apply through MBA route.

You have very outstanding qualification.
It is unfortunate that your Masters and Phd falls in group E. thats why you are not getting any points in AOT, however you get full 12 points for Phd already you have. As per your qualification you have to apply as electrical engineer, you cannot apply as educational science.

My suggestion to you here is first complete MBA and show some management experience and then apply for CSQ.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI
Ive been told that interviews in abu dhabi are held every year between sept and december

anyone have idea about it?

sam_CSQ

Apr 28, 2012
mdammalli said:
You have very outstanding qualification.
It is unfortunate that your Masters and Phd falls in group E. thats why you are not getting any points in AOT, however you get full 12 points for Phd already you have. As per your qualification you have to apply as electrical engineer, you cannot apply as educational science.

My suggestion to you here is first complete MBA and show some management experience and then apply for CSQ.
Hey,

Thanks buddy. As I know, we can apply for QUEBEC EQUIVALENT certificate if our degree recognised under "washignton accord agreement". In that case, am I be able to get AOT points?

By the way, how much point I can get for my IELTS score, I thought I could get only 2 points for my IELTS. Am I right? So I can't apply since my point is not enough? ???

sam_CSQ

Apr 28, 2012
Experts, please shed your light on my query. Please please

Hi Guys,

My degrees:

My questions are:

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_CSQ said:
Hey,

Thanks buddy. As I know, we can apply for QUEBEC EQUIVALENT certificate if our degree recognised under "washignton accord agreement". In that case, am I be able to get AOT points? degree recognised under "washington accord agreement" doesn't award you any extra point in AOT

By the way, how much point I can get for my IELTS score, I thought I could get only 2 points for my IELTS. Am I right? So I can't apply since my point is not enough? ???
sam_CSQ said:
IELTS: 6 listening, 7.5 Speaking 2pt (listening) + 3pt (speaking) = 5pt

sam_CSQ

Apr 28, 2012

Thanks buddy. Yes, I understand "Washignton accord doesn't give extra point". But my question is, My Electronics degree is not from Quebec (So 0 for AOT) but it is washigton accord degree, in that case it is equivalent to QUEBEC degree then it falls under Group B since Qubec equivalent electronics degree can get 6 AOT points. Therefore, Can I get 6 points in AOT?

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Hi friends, did you submit transcripts for your 10/12th grades too or would marksheets be enough for that? I am sending transcripts for Bachelors/Masters though.

rgquebec

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-14
AOR Received.
SA-31-07-14
Hi,

one of the FAQ on this site says that if we get married after obtaining visa & before landing in Canada..we will have to return the visa...my query is even if we wants to go alone still he will have to return the visa ?

Marriage
If a marriage takes place after the application has been submitted, but before the Canada Immigration Visa has been issued, the new spouse must be included in the application and will have to undergo a medical examination and submit appropriate documents, including application forms, marriage certificate, police clearances and the applicable government fees.

Depending on the stage of the application at the time of the marriage, delays may vary from minimal to approximately 5 months. Such delays are caused by the necessary completion of medical examinations and security clearance.

If a marriage takes place after a Canada Immigration Visa has been issued, but before the applicant has landed in Canada as a Permanent Resident, the Canada Immigration Visa must be returned to the Canadian Immigration Office. A new Application for Permanent Residence in Canada must be submitted.

Hoback

Apr 27, 2012
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa, ON
NOC Code......
U024
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-08-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent upfront
Nomination.....
5-09-2015
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with file
Med's Request
Sent upfront
Med's Done....
Sent upfront
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
In Canada since 22-08-2013
Hi all,

does the magic 14300 state for all submitted applications (even the incomplete ones) or only those with AOR# assigned?

Is the quota didvided between certain BIQs?

Thanks for the info.

francaise

Jan 31, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_CSQ said:
Thanks buddy. Yes, I understand "Washignton accord doesn't give extra point". But my question is, My Electronics degree is not from Quebec (So 0 for AOT) but it is washigton accord degree, in that case it is equivalent to QUEBEC degree then it falls under Group B since Qubec equivalent electronics degree can get 6 AOT points. Therefore, Can I get 6 points in AOT? No, you will only get 6 points in AOT, if you have done your degree in Québec.

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sam_CSQ said:
Experts, please shed your light on my query. Please please

Hi Guys,

My degrees:

My questions are:

Hello sam thanks for your post

would you like to elaborate the time when the degrees were awarded to you and the relevant experience you have plus the degree awarding time and country of awarding thanks