V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
quebecaspirant said:
Hello Donsoft&Quebec2011,

I started to organise my documents relevant to CSQ. I need few more details on the same.

1) i dont have birth certificate(I think birth certificate is mandate for those who born on or after 1989 in India). Do i need to get it now or can i use any of other documents like school certificates,Driving license.etc. if you were born after 1989, then apply for yours, if not an age declaration from a High Court and maybe attestation of age from population council in your country would do. Of course, you may wish to support it further by including the documents you mentioned as well. The data page of your passport will also be a conclusive proof of your true age. ok..will get that
2) I can get a letter from institute for proof of language.But is there any standard template available for the same or i can go with my institute's template. No, go with whatever they give you provided they stated that English is a requirement for admissions and also the medium of instruction.

3) I am working for a company for more than 5 years and still continuing. I think I will not be able to get work experience certificate with my job description mentioned on it. Why? Are you claiming points for area of training? If you fail to get that, you can always include your employment letter, new post letter, promotion letters and all others that will help validate your point.

i dont want my organisation to know my immigration plan at this point of time..it is too early..i dont have any other valid reason to ask for certification mentioning my roles and responsibility.:(
Can I produce documents like my Offer letter,pay hike letter(even today i got one ), communication letter of my redesignation as retail manager ,latest Payslips for 3 months(which contains my date of joining). do you mean producing on your own or getting your organisation to produce it?

No..i meant i already got these documents which is produced by my organisation on different times during these years
[size=10pt][size=10pt]--- ok you should be able to use them but don't fail to include your recent pay slips, social insurance/pension contributions statement and maybe tax clearance as these documents will help them confirm that you truly have the number of years of experience that you are claiming.[/size][/size]

Please clarify

As of now, i have these doubts..will come back to you friends if i need more help. Send them in anytime .... [/color]alll the best

Paddy78

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 June
Doc's Request.
All Submitted
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
PER 18 Oct
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
Second Line updated
Hi Donsoft,

Yeah same reply I got from a reputed lawyer in Canada and was informed,even if I land in Toronto,then also,there would not be any impact on the citizenship.

thanks for your reply.

DONSOFT said:
Technically speaking, you are expected to make Quebec your permananent home and that is the essence of filling IMM 008 (Declaration of intent to reside in Quebec) or so when applying for your PR. This does not mean that you cannot move around Canada, of course you can visit other parts of Canada but you are not expected to reside outside Quebec. You are not expected to move to another province as you were specifically selected by Quebec to work and pay taxes in their province to help in the further development of the province. If for any reason they doubt your intentions to reside in Quebec, the CSQ will not issued to you in the first place. Applying for a CSQ automatically means that you have an intention to stay in Quebec and that is it. The risk of moving to another province is that you may likely have issues obtaining Citizenship when the time comes usually after three years. However, you can move to any other province of your choice once you become a Canadian Citizen.

Find below an excerpt of the message sent to me by one of the well respected immigration lawyers in Canda when i sought an answer to this same question. Try to digest the last sentence in blue;

you will still have the right to something which is called "Freedom of Movement". That right will be available to you upon the first day of your arrival in Canada. All Canadian Permanent Residents have the right to move freely, anywhere they wish within Canada's borders. However, keep in mind that by offering you this immigration program, the government of Quebec is trying very hard to entice you to stay in their province. They want you to have a genuine and sincere interest in the
possibility of making a new future for your family in Quebec. Thus, during the application process, you must have the intention of living in Quebec.
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]After you have landed in Canada, you then have the right to live and work anywhere you wish.[/size][/size][/size]

Paddy78

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 June
Doc's Request.
All Submitted
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
PER 18 Oct
IELTS Request
Submitted
Med's Request
Second Line updated
For birth certificate,You can produce Matriculation certificate and passport bio data page.That would suffice.

DONSOFT said:
Yes you can but i would have suggested you also back it up with an atestation of age from the National population council in India.

DONSOFT

Star Member
Nov 6, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
V/O(ACCRA) ; BIQ(PARIS)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2011
You are welcome.

Paddy78 said:
Hi Donsoft,

Yeah same reply I got from a reputed lawyer in Canada and was informed,even if I land in Toronto,then also,there would not be any impact on the citizenship.

thanks for your reply.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LiNa2010 said:
thanx....but i have one question
is this the same list as FSW list of documents?non, ce n'est pas le même. il diffère ???.....I mean this is a lot of documents :eek:
even for CSQ there are less documents to be send
to be honest i didn't even saw this list till now, and I am shocked....

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
egrace62 said:
[i think one of The major reasons y this kind of question is asked is perhaps, ur french skill is not strong. so dont be scared... just keep learning french...... its good top b bi-lingual.... but for those who are still scared of a sudden exposure to the french society, what they do is to settle in GAtineau-Quebec HULL specifically cos its very very close to ONTARIO[/color]. so that they can work in ONTARIO and settle in Quebec.. but unless u will be willing to learn the intricate dimension that ur Taxation will take i will not suggest u go this route... so that u wont lose in the long run.... just has DONSOFT has already stated[/b]

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Friends...... kindly check how efficient ur VISA Office ( NOT BIQ) is doing..... the ranking of visa offices the world over here:
http://www.immigrationmanuals.ca/CIC4.php

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Hey wings..... no news yet?..... it is getting close to 2months that u took ur medicals.......what is ur e-cas status?

sasi_malia

Jun 14, 2011
Re: (No subject)

egrace62 said:
@ sasi malia, congratulatns in advance for ur wedding. Cos u are a nurse, ur Csq applicatn ll b priotize hence u ll b through wit dat stage very quick. Ur filing as couple must b such dat u be d principal applicnt by so doing ur excess point ll b able to absorb ur spouses point defficiencies. If u are so bent on submitting now, u may wish to get d court formalities done now so u can get ur marrige certificate. D Certificate is what Biq needs as proof of ur marriage. while other formalities ll still hold in august as planned. I hope ur bi-lingual ability includes both english & french?

egrace62

Thank you so much for your reply (that was over a month ago lol) and the much needed help that you provide over here. It shall be given back to you multi fold. We went ahead a did the court formalities about a week ago and we are ready to apply. I will need help once I get everything together to make sure it's all correct. My status is valid for another month so we will try and get it sent before the end of the month. Hopefully me running out of time wont be an issue.
I have one question though. The declaration of self-sufficiency, do we have to provide documentation that we actually have that amount readily available in a bank account right now?

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........

@ sasi_malia, congratulatns on ur court marriage. AMEN to ur prayers bro/ sis. As per d fund, u do not need to shw u av d money . All u need do is to sign d contract regarding financial sufficiency. The only money related document u will need is history of social security contributn............ It must av taken u quite a time b4 u were able to dig out this old post isn't it?

Patrick_Silva

Jul 9, 2011
Dear All,

I've applied for Quebec CSQ and I received interview call (September - NYC ). I'm confused about the required points ( 55,57 or 59 for a single ).

Can please some senior help me with understanding the point system for Quebec ( I applied on March after the new changes ).

Below are my particulars please advice.

Principal applicant (Single) :-

Qualifications:- BSc Computer Science 2003 Egypt
MSc Computer Science 2008 Canada (Ottawa University)
PhD Computer Science IP Canada (Ottawa University) ~ one year only done, expected to be graduated on 2013.
Experience in the relating field:- 6 years
*Worked as Teaching assistant and Research assistant for one year and a half in Canadian University (also, I published over 3 publications in well-known journals and conferences)
*Worked on multi-national company in Canada for the Rest and have a permanent offer.

English:- IELTS (Speaking 6.5 , Listening 6 ); I studied MSc and PhD in Canada with English
French :- I studied it for 3 years in the secondary school but I haven't practiced it for long time ( I marked my French skill as Zero or one in the application; In addition, I started studying it again but I don't want to depend on French factor in the interview; I'm going to ask for talking in English as it is official and I have to be accurate).

Funds:- Enough and I have other sources of income.

No family in Quebec

I visited Montreal one or more. In addition, I went to Gatineau several times and I'm intending to move to it by the next 3 monthes.

Job offer in Quebec: I have permanent offer from my company. I could sum the info like the following:
* Ottawa lab covers Ottawa, Rideau and Gatineau which technically considered at Quebec as well.
* I have contacted HR to obtain a letter to show that I could move to Montreal when I have CSQ. (still pending)

Can someone please help me with the point system. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks...

wingsofmaybe7777

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/04/2011 Federal
Nomination.....
CSQ received 04/04/2011
AOR Received.
09/05/2011 Federal
IELTS Request
NR
File Transfer...
NR
Med's Request
25/05/2011
Med's Done....
30/05/2011
Passport Req..
26/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/09/2011
egrace62 said:
Hey wings..... no news yet?..... it is getting close to 2months that u took ur medicals.......what is ur e-cas status?
Hey Egrace, nothing yet :( I'm getting so nervous...

Should I email them to see whats going on? What do you think?

dided

Star Member
Jul 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Patrick_Silva said:
Dear All,

I've applied for Quebec CSQ and I received interview call (September - NYC ). I'm confused about the required points ( 55,57 or 59 for a single ).

Can please some senior help me with understanding the point system for Quebec ( I applied on March after the new changes ).

Below are my particulars please advice.

Principal applicant (Single) :-

Qualifications:- BSc Computer Science 2003 Egypt
MSc Computer Science 2008 Canada (Ottawa University)
PhD Computer Science IP Canada (Ottawa University) ~ one year only done, expected to be graduated on 2013.
Experience in the relating field:- 6 years
*Worked as Teaching assistant and Research assistant for one year and a half in Canadian University (also, I published over 3 publications in well-known journals and conferences)
*Worked on multi-national company in Canada for the Rest and have a permanent offer.

English:- IELTS (Speaking 6.5 , Listening 6 ); I studied MSc and PhD in Canada with English
French :- I studied it for 3 years in the secondary school but I haven't practiced it for long time ( I marked my French skill as Zero or one in the application; In addition, I started studying it again but I don't want to depend on French factor in the interview; I'm going to ask for talking in English as it is official and I have to be accurate).

Funds:- Enough and I have other sources of income.

No family in Quebec

I visited Montreal one or more. In addition, I went to Gatineau several times and I'm intending to move to it by the next 3 monthes.

Job offer in Quebec: I have permanent offer from my company. I could sum the info like the following:
* Ottawa lab covers Ottawa, Rideau and Gatineau which technically considered at Quebec as well.
* I have contacted HR to obtain a letter to show that I could move to Montreal when I have CSQ. (still pending)

Can someone please help me with the point system. I really appreciate your help.

Thanks...
For a single applicant u need to score atleast 49 points and if u got selected for an interview then add 6 more for Adaptability so the total is 55 points for singles.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........

@ wings.... Yeah do them a mail...... Another possible reason for d delay is d security check to b carried out by CASIS. USUALLY APPLICANTs that are widely travelled may experience delay cos they do d checks for everywhere one has visited.

wingsofmaybe7777

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/04/2011 Federal
Nomination.....
CSQ received 04/04/2011
AOR Received.
09/05/2011 Federal
IELTS Request
NR
File Transfer...
NR
Med's Request
25/05/2011
Med's Done....
30/05/2011
Passport Req..
26/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/09/2011

egrace62 said:
@ wings.... Yeah do them a mail...... Another possible reason for d delay is d security check to b carried out by CASIS. USUALLY APPLICANTs that are widely travelled may experience delay cos they do d checks for everywhere one has visited.
Yeah I'll wait a couple more weeks and then if I dont hear anything, I ll email them. I lived in the US for many years and then been to Montreal for a few months so that prob might be it. Although I know a couple of people (ex. Manoylo) who havent heard anything from their VOs either.

After all its summer time, so the visa officers might actually be vacationing now :)