+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

abo ragheb

Nov 2, 2014
JessicaWindsor said:
Hi Guys,

One quick question! Does anyone here who applied for CSQ last year (2014)?
Any updates, like additional document request or interview wait list updates from MIDI?

Last time I check, 2013 applicants had updates and saw some 2014 applicants also have some updates already. Sorry just freaking out because I applied last year March 2014 and received my AOR July 2014 until then no updates.

We called MIDI twice already this year. First information was they said our application was on Preliminary Stage. Then second call was that our application was "On Process". How could that be??? :'( :'( :'(

Thanks! :-\ :-\ :-\
Hi JessicaWindsor
I am March 2014 applicant, AOR is July 2014, and till today I haven't received any feedback from them. However as I know from my agent that they already started processing 2014 applicants.
one request: may you send me the telephone number of Quebec immigration office

ThunderBird11

Jun 6, 2012
Lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus l Montreal | Paris
NOC Code......
2174 - U115
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-06-2011
Nomination.....
CSQ le 6 Fevrier 2015
AOR Received.
18 June 2015
IELTS Request
NA
Med's Request
9 July 2015
Med's Done....
15 July 2015
Interview........
06-Feb-2015
Passport Req..
27-August-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-September-2015
LANDED..........
Planning On April 2016
Hey Fellas,

As an update, I finished today my medical exams and the doctor will send the results in 2 days ..
I have also paid the landing fees and got the confirmation from CIC on that ..
Now .. I am waiting for my visa ;D :D which I should receive in 2 months or so :D ;)
Thank GOD I'm almost done from this process ..
No more papers - No more Payments - Nothing .. Just the Visa now 8)
Good luck to all and hope you will receive your AOR, Medical Exams, Interviews etc. Any Good News SOON!!!

Peace

poo576

Jul 15, 2015
I have submitted all the required documents including my tax clearance from my country but they sent me this answer,

"We acknowledge receipt of the documents you sent us, following
our request for missing or invalid documents.
We note that you have not provided all the documents requested in the format
required.

You have not provided the documents for the principal applicant, listed below
- Original or certified copy of proof of social security contributions or proof of
payment of tax on income.

Therefore, we reject your application for a selection certificate, as under the Act respecting immigration to Quebec."

Do you have any experience similar to this and does anybody know how to appeal and where to appeal for this decision? your help will be appreciated.

Thank you

poo576

Jul 15, 2015
I had applied for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program in 2014, May from Nepal but currently, I am residing in Denmark.. And after 10 months I received a letter from the immigration, where they asked for some missing documents. I forwarded all the requested documents and now they have rejected my application saying that I have not send all the documents as requested. But I have send the document for tax clearance. Now, can you please help me to deal with this situation. Is there any way that I can appeal and request them for reconsidering my application?
thank you

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poo576 said:
I have submitted all the required documents including my tax clearance from my country but they sent me this answer,

required.

- Original or certified copy of proof of social security contributions or proof of

Therefore, we reject your application for a selection certificate, as under the Act respecting immigration to Quebec."

Do you have any experience similar to this and does anybody know how to appeal and where to appeal for this decision? your help will be appreciated.

Thank you
poo576 said:
I had applied for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program in 2014, May from Nepal but currently, I am residing in Denmark.. And after 10 months I received a letter from the immigration, where they asked for some missing documents. I forwarded all the requested documents and now they have rejected my application saying that I have not send all the documents as requested. But I have send the document for tax clearance. Now, can you please help me to deal with this situation. Is there any way that I can appeal and request them for reconsidering my application?
thank you
What documents *exactly* did you send as proof of income tax/social contributions?

Did you send them in the *exact* format required? Were they correctly certified?

Is Quebec saying they did not receive the documents in the format they requested? Or they didn't receive documents at all?

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
poo576 said:
thank you
Hi,

Normally for people in India, they say specifically that they DO NOT accept tax documents as proof of social security contributions. Since, you are a resident of Nepal, my be in the "Intention to Reject" document, check if this has been mentioned. If so, you are expected to send the Provident Fund subscription statements, as proof for Social Security contributions.

For me, they mentioned and i DID NOT send any tax documents, though i had the complete list. I only sent the PF documents.

JessicaWindsor

Nov 3, 2014
Riyadh, KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2014
Doc's Request.
08-08-2016
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
31-03-2014
abo ragheb said:
JessicaWindsor said:
Hi JessicaWindsor
I am March 2014 applicant, AOR is July 2014, and till today I haven't received any feedback from them. However as I know from my agent that they already started processing 2014 applicants.
one request: may you send me the telephone number of Quebec immigration office
@abo ragheb:

The phone number was +1 514 864-9191 (outside Quebec). By the way did you took the service of CAMPBELL COHEN?

Thanks! ;D

Jasvir Kumar sidhu

Aug 9, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
NOC Code......
s152
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 July 13
Doc's Request.
15 july 2015
Nomination.....
waiting
AOR Received.
9 Dec 2013 file opened 21 nov13
poo576 said:

required.

Thank you
when did you apply.

mapsora

Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poo576 said:

required.

Thank you

[/quote

Hello,
In which country you from.
Can you please provide me the exect format or can you please send me a copy to me. When you apllied and what is your AOT please.

mapsora

Nov 19, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
poo576 said:

required.

Thank you

Hello,
In which country you from.
Can you please provide me the exect format or can you please send me a copy to me. When you apllied and what is your AOT please.

spaniard

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
mkshah said:
Hi friends,

logged in after so many weeks...

just wanted to share a news.. may be someone could have shared it earlier also... :)
I could not get into previous posts which are 100 pages longer ;D

here is the link: http://www.cicnews.com/2015/04/victory-quebec-skilled-worker-applicants-045078.html

and below is full news article text:

Victory For Quebec Skilled Worker Applicants

APRIL, 2015

Thousands of Canadian immigration applications may be affected by court decision
(Cliquez ici pour la version française)
The Superior Court of Quebec has arrived at a decision in the case of Stasenko v. MICC et al, which challenged the government of Quebec's decision to apply changes to the Quebec Skilled Worker Program's (QSWP) eligibility criteria retroactively, having previously promised applicants that their application would be processed based on regulations in effect when it was submitted.
Legal proceedings were initiated by the law firms of Campbell Cohen (David Cohen) and Irving Mitchell Kalichman (Mathieu Bouchard) in an effort to prevent the government of Quebec from applying new immigration regulations retroactively. The decision centred on the principle of promissory estoppel — the legal principle that a promise is enforceable by law when the promisor (person making the promise) makes a promise to the promisee (person being promised) who relies on it to his or her detriment.
This important decision represents a victory for thousands of applicants whose applications for immigration to Canada under the QSWP may have been affected by regulations introduced by the government of Quebec that came into effect on August 1, 2013.

The background
In February, 2012, Quebec released a document checklist for the QSWP. No such checklist existed before this date. A key sentence of this checklist stated ‘your application for a selection certificate will be processed based on regulations in effect when it was submitted.' This sentence was removed from the checklist in May, 2013.
The QSWP is a points-based Canadian immigration program. Candidates are assessed according to various selection factors, such as language ability and level of education, and awarded a certain number of points based on these factors.
The government of Quebec enacted new regulations that came into effect on August 1st, 2013, the combined effect of which significantly changed the way points are calculated under the QSWP. Among the changes made to the points system were changes to how points were to be awarded for language ability. Whereas previously applicants could be awarded points according to their language ability, even if their abilities were basic or intermediate, the new regulations determined that points for language ability could only now be awarded if the applicant could prove an advanced-intermediate ability.
These regulations were applied retroactively to all applications where preliminary processing had not yet begun, meaning that these applications would be assessed according to the new points system, despite the promise made to applicants that their application for a selection certificate would be processed based on regulations in effect when it was submitted.
By the end of June, 2013, there were more than 50,000 affected applications for a selection certificate under the QSWP that had been received by the government of Quebec. Many of these applications had been submitted while the terms of the original checklist were in effect.
The only transitional measure put in place was to allow applicants who had submitted their applications between July 8 and August 16, 2013 to withdraw their application voluntarily and obtain a refund.

The case
A case against the government of Quebec was brought by an applicant who submitted an application for immigration to Quebec through the QSWP on April 9, 2013. The applicant, a Russian citizen, was a client of the Campbell Cohen law firm, with Attorney David Cohen as her legal representative. Her file was opened on June 20, 2013, and the Minister notified receipt of her processing fees, which came to CAD $910.
The changes made to the language proficiency requirements, which came into effect on August 1, 2013, meant that the applicant was unlikely to be eligible when it came to the preliminary processing stage of her application. Under the points system in place when her application was submitted, her chances of being assessed positively and being called for an interview by the government of Quebec were excellent.
On April 21, 2015, the Superior Court of Quebec made a decision in favour of the plaintiff and ruled against the government of Quebec. The government of Quebec has 30 days to appeal the decision.

What this means for applicants
At this time, it remains to be seen if it is only those applications that were submitted while the original document checklist was in effect with the key sentence ‘your application for a selection certificate will be processed based on regulations in effect when it was submitted' that may benefit from this decision. These applications would need to have been submitted between February, 2012 and April 2013, inclusive, and not yet have reached preliminary processing by the time the updated regulations came into force.
If these applicants wish to have their case for a selection certificate through the QSWP reassessed based on the points system in effect at the time of submission, they may be able to do so as a result of this case. A broader interpretation of the ruling could affect a greater number of applications submitted before February, 2012.

Attorney David Cohen
“In any event, this case is likely to have affected thousands of applicants who, in my view, were wrongly denied the chance to have their applications for immigration assessed with fairness. That is why I was proud to be co-counsel in the legal efforts against the government's decision,” says Attorney David Cohen.
“One would have thought that only those applicants who applied on or after August 1, 2013 would have been subject to the changes, but this was not the case. Changes were applied retroactively to candidates who applied, in good faith, months beforehand, under the impression that their application would be processed based on regulations in effect at the time of submission, as per the document checklist for the program.
“With a favourable decision based on the principle of promissory estoppel, these applicants may yet be able to realise their Canadian immigration aspirations through the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.”

Hello,
This news is fake, I called David Cohen's office and they told me it just for their advertisement. What you guys suggest. Please update and guide.

spaniard

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
mkshah said:
Hi friends,

logged in after so many weeks...

just wanted to share a news.. may be someone could have shared it earlier also... :)
I could not get into previous posts which are 100 pages longer ;D

here is the link: http://www.cicnews.com/2015/04/victory-quebec-skilled-worker-applicants-045078.html

and below is full news article text:

Victory For Quebec Skilled Worker Applicants

APRIL, 2015

Thousands of Canadian immigration applications may be affected by court decision
(Cliquez ici pour la version française)
The Superior Court of Quebec has arrived at a decision in the case of Stasenko v. MICC et al, which challenged the government of Quebec's decision to apply changes to the Quebec Skilled Worker Program's (QSWP) eligibility criteria retroactively, having previously promised applicants that their application would be processed based on regulations in effect when it was submitted.
Legal proceedings were initiated by the law firms of Campbell Cohen (David Cohen) and Irving Mitchell Kalichman (Mathieu Bouchard) in an effort to prevent the government of Quebec from applying new immigration regulations retroactively. The decision centred on the principle of promissory estoppel — the legal principle that a promise is enforceable by law when the promisor (person making the promise) makes a promise to the promisee (person being promised) who relies on it to his or her detriment.
This important decision represents a victory for thousands of applicants whose applications for immigration to Canada under the QSWP may have been affected by regulations introduced by the government of Quebec that came into effect on August 1, 2013.

The background
In February, 2012, Quebec released a document checklist for the QSWP. No such checklist existed before this date. A key sentence of this checklist stated ‘your application for a selection certificate will be processed based on regulations in effect when it was submitted.' This sentence was removed from the checklist in May, 2013.
The QSWP is a points-based Canadian immigration program. Candidates are assessed according to various selection factors, such as language ability and level of education, and awarded a certain number of points based on these factors.
The government of Quebec enacted new regulations that came into effect on August 1st, 2013, the combined effect of which significantly changed the way points are calculated under the QSWP. Among the changes made to the points system were changes to how points were to be awarded for language ability. Whereas previously applicants could be awarded points according to their language ability, even if their abilities were basic or intermediate, the new regulations determined that points for language ability could only now be awarded if the applicant could prove an advanced-intermediate ability.
These regulations were applied retroactively to all applications where preliminary processing had not yet begun, meaning that these applications would be assessed according to the new points system, despite the promise made to applicants that their application for a selection certificate would be processed based on regulations in effect when it was submitted.
By the end of June, 2013, there were more than 50,000 affected applications for a selection certificate under the QSWP that had been received by the government of Quebec. Many of these applications had been submitted while the terms of the original checklist were in effect.
The only transitional measure put in place was to allow applicants who had submitted their applications between July 8 and August 16, 2013 to withdraw their application voluntarily and obtain a refund.

The case
A case against the government of Quebec was brought by an applicant who submitted an application for immigration to Quebec through the QSWP on April 9, 2013. The applicant, a Russian citizen, was a client of the Campbell Cohen law firm, with Attorney David Cohen as her legal representative. Her file was opened on June 20, 2013, and the Minister notified receipt of her processing fees, which came to CAD $910.
The changes made to the language proficiency requirements, which came into effect on August 1, 2013, meant that the applicant was unlikely to be eligible when it came to the preliminary processing stage of her application. Under the points system in place when her application was submitted, her chances of being assessed positively and being called for an interview by the government of Quebec were excellent.
On April 21, 2015, the Superior Court of Quebec made a decision in favour of the plaintiff and ruled against the government of Quebec. The government of Quebec has 30 days to appeal the decision.

What this means for applicants
At this time, it remains to be seen if it is only those applications that were submitted while the original document checklist was in effect with the key sentence ‘your application for a selection certificate will be processed based on regulations in effect when it was submitted' that may benefit from this decision. These applications would need to have been submitted between February, 2012 and April 2013, inclusive, and not yet have reached preliminary processing by the time the updated regulations came into force.
If these applicants wish to have their case for a selection certificate through the QSWP reassessed based on the points system in effect at the time of submission, they may be able to do so as a result of this case. A broader interpretation of the ruling could affect a greater number of applications submitted before February, 2012.

Attorney David Cohen
“In any event, this case is likely to have affected thousands of applicants who, in my view, were wrongly denied the chance to have their applications for immigration assessed with fairness. That is why I was proud to be co-counsel in the legal efforts against the government's decision,” says Attorney David Cohen.
“One would have thought that only those applicants who applied on or after August 1, 2013 would have been subject to the changes, but this was not the case. Changes were applied retroactively to candidates who applied, in good faith, months beforehand, under the impression that their application would be processed based on regulations in effect at the time of submission, as per the document checklist for the program.
“With a favourable decision based on the principle of promissory estoppel, these applicants may yet be able to realise their Canadian immigration aspirations through the Quebec Skilled Worker Program.”

This news is fake, I called David Cohen's office and they told me it just for their advertisement. What you guys suggest. Please update and guide.

garconbd

Sep 7, 2012
as i have to face interview so i am bit tensed.....i have a question to those who faced interview.....does the immigration officer follow "pure french accent" or "quebecois accent"?? as two accents are pretty much different....

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garconbd said:
as i have to face interview so i am bit tensed.....i have a question to those who faced interview.....does the immigration officer follow "pure french accent" or "quebecois accent"?? as two accents are pretty much different....
There is no need to be tense: if you do not understand the questions, tell the interviewer so. Ask him/her to speak more slowly, to repeat the question.

To practise, have you tried listening to Quebec news broadcasts, radio, etc?

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spaniard said:
Hello,
What do you mean that the news is "fake"?

There is a Stasenko v. Et al case...