+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

akvarium

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
talk2melas said:
The points awarded for work experience is not based on area of training list.An applicant will earn points differently for AOT and work experience but If your diploma is more than five years old,you must have at least one year work experience in your area of training to qualify.Please do not refer to old rules for anything again.Whatever the old says is not relevant to August 2013 applicants.
The new rules do not say that the diploma must be obtained not more than five years ago. It sais that you must prove that you have work experience part-time or full time at least one year. (I have two years of part-time.)

kunsom

Aug 13, 2013
Hi Friends,

Need some information & suggestion...

My timeline looks like:
CSQ - PEQ...........: 2013/07/26
Federal Application: 2013/08/19
AOR & Medical Req: 2013/10/02
ECAS -Med update: 2013/10/31
In Process...........: ???? - I see some application move to "In Process" 2-3 weeks after Medical is updated in ECAS, is it a reliable time frame ?

RPRF..................: Paid in Advance with the Application

Also, Please suggest - If its feasible to continue staying in Canada without a Job (On a TRV) while application is under process... coz my WP expires in a month, I can't find a job due to year end... and can't extend my WP without a job offer in QC.

If I move anywhere else... my application will be transferred to respective Visa office which will cause delays, If I stay here without a job.. would it affect my application as it is under.. QC Skilled worker Category.

Any suggestion are welcome !

Thanks!

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ambitious15 said:
No one knows if Electronic engineers do qualify or no ?
you can apply under new rules but AOT points will be 0
I know you can get C1 in french, take TEFAQ will be reading and writing included, you can grant 16 points french ;)

abacosis

May 9, 2013
Hi All,
I have been reading this thread silently for a few months now and have benefited from the feedback on here so I have decided to share my experience for others benefit

My location: Jamaica
Applied: June 2011
AOT: Computer Science
Office where application submitted: Mexico
File Number Recieved: July 2011
Level of French at time of application: Novice
French Level indicated on application: 3 (which I think corresponded to A2)

I got a request for updated documents in February 2013, I guess because some of my docs were submitted as notarized copies which was ok at time of submission. There were some changes in rules however which required certain documents to be certified as copies from the issuing institution so I had to get those redone. In addition I had submitted DELF A2 certificate as I had done the exam in June 2012 but did not get certificate until Dec 2012 and some complications prevented me from sending the cert at that time.

Placed on waiting list in May 2013.
Email received on Sept 13 2013 with proposed interview date Nov 13 2013. Interview date accepted
Interview location: Jamaica

My entire interview was in French, which lasted about 1 hour. I was able to manage because I had been doing french classes on and off at Alliance Francaise since July 2011 and by the interview I would say I was probably at the B1 level. I got a list of possible interview questions from this thread (page 89) which helped and I also had mock interview assistance from consultant.

Thankfully I was successful and now its on to the next phase.

thomaschakma

Star Member
Oct 25, 2013
Category........
PNP
abacosis said:
Hi All,
I have been reading this thread silently for a few months now and have benefited from the feedback on here so I have decided to share my experience for others benefit

I got a request for updated documents in February 2013, I guess because some of my docs were submitted as notarized copies which was ok at time of submission. There were some changes in rules however which required certain documents to be certified as copies from the issuing institution so I had to get those redone. In addition I had submitted DELF A2 certificate as I had done the exam in June 2012 but did not get certificate until Dec 2012 and some complications prevented me from sending the cert at that time.

Email received on Sept 13 2013 with proposed interview date Nov 13 2013. Interview date accepted

My entire interview was in French, which lasted about 1 hour. I was able to manage because I had been doing french classes on and off at Alliance Francaise since July 2011 and by the interview I would say I was probably at the B1 level. I got a list of possible interview questions from this thread (page 89) which helped and I also had mock interview assistance from consultant.

Really awasome description !!!! Thanks brother.

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
abacosis said:
Hi All,

Congratulations

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abacosis said:
Hi All,

congratulations!

akvarium

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
talk2melas said:
The points awarded for work experience is not based on area of training list.An applicant will earn points differently for AOT and work experience but If your diploma is more than five years old,you must have at least one year work experience in your area of training to qualify.Please do not refer to old rules for anything again.Whatever the old says is not relevant to August 2013 applicants.
I found it: "The diploma must have been awarded within the five years preceding the application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec Selection Certificate). If this is not the case, the candidate must have legally practised for at least one year, during the five years preceding the application for a CSQ, a profession directly related to the diploma obtained and for which he or she is being assessed."

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
jimmy80 said:
Hi
I will answer eventhough im not really sure if i'm right. As per mu understanding my file before was in "phase d'attente" that' s mean sleeping phase.
Now i's in process phase i think it should be the "examen preliminaire".
They are now studying my file to take a decision.
Maybe i will soon in waiting list for interview, or go back to sleeping phase by requesting some update , or maybe tey will reject my application and they finish our nightmare.
Hope i will soon get a response.
en traitment means they started primarly examination and will put you soon in interview waiting list or waiver will be given

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Ambitious15 said:
No one knows if Electronic engineers do qualify or no ?
0 AOT according to new rules, can submit wil least priority

jimmy80

Oct 19, 2012
Qatar
Category........
Visa Office......
Abou Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ 15-05-2011 Federal 25-09-2014
Doc's Request.
update of Docs requested in June 2014 and provided in July 2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 29/08/2014(without interview) Fereal application 20-09-2014
AOR Received.
QSW AOR 10 -08-2011- Federal AOR 30/01/2015
IELTS Request
Not applicable, (C1,B2 in TEFAQ Jan-2014)
File Transfer...
15-02-2015
Med's Request
06-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 - 18-05-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2015
LANDED..........
April 2016 inchallah
signalmaker said:
en traitment means they started primarly examination and will put you soon in interview waiting list or waiver will be given
Thank you Signalmaker for your explanation.hope to be called soon to finalize this nightmare and to begin the next one.

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
abacosis said:
Hi All,

Hello !

Congratulations ! can you share us the questions you got at interview ? and some more details ...

Thank you in advance.

zein

Sep 3, 2013
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
kfzmm said:
could you kindly share what level of french you declared in your application.
regards
B2

engMostafa said:
Dear Zein,

When did they received your application in 2011?

And could you please share the first 3 number of your file number ? and from where you send your file?

Waiting for your reply.
I sent it in Jan.
I don't have a file number, only ref, it's a rare case but it happens :)

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Hello Guys,

from your experience of the missions, do they make each mission directly after each finished one, or there would be some waiting time between ?

do example the current one ends in Christmas and new year, would the next mission start in January 2014 directly ?

Thank you in advance.