megoman

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ievgen said:
Kristine,

IELTS isn't required to apply for CSQ. That's only to get extra points if you need some to meet the minimum threshold. Also, unlike for FSW, IELTS value is miserable in terms of points awarded even for an advanced proficiency. You can send your application if you have the minimum points and then update your file with IELTS result. You'll need to start learning french. That will be one of the most important aspects of application. The processing time will mostly depend on if your profession is in the priority list.
Ievgen - Well done with the efforts you made to understand the Quebecs' requirments and vision for their immigrants. however i can see that their process is still NOT very clear.

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
Mazboot!

lemans207 said:
should start preparing for slavery work in quebec :p

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
megoman said:
Ievgen - Well done with the efforts you made to understand the Quebecs' requirments and vision for their immigrants. however i can see that their process is still NOT very clear.
You're right. New rules are helpful for those who evaluated the files in terms of its ambiguity. Now, it's not that obvious and transparent.

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
lemans207 said:
should start preparing for slavery work in quebec :p
Lemans,

Well said as always. We all need to start practicing with shoveling and crushing limestone ;D

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bosschips said:
Wow l! Thanks Ievgen for the quick response.

Re: My first question,
So I just submit my high school diploma and college degree then? You mentioned a comparative study? What is it?

I have some basic questions again. If you could answer, that would be great.

1. In form A-0520-AA, Question 9: "Are you a holder of one or several of the ff diplomas"

Do I tick the box, "Diploma or training recognized as equivalent by a Quebec regulatory body"?
I am a BS Nursing degree in the Philippines (4 years)

2. Do I need to put my middle name on the "Family name at birth" line?

3. Will I just leave blank items not applicable to me?

4. Only one passport sized picture is necessary in the application? Will I paste it on the application form?

5.What is does work internships in the context of studies over the last five years mean? Does this include trainings I did? Will this add up to the experience points? Can I not declare this if I have sufficient professional experience as a staff nurse?

6. Which IELTS do they need? General Training or Academic?
Can I get your insights on this Sir Ievgen? Thanks in advance.

Matt95

Jul 17, 2013
Hi! For Speaking and listening each part
C2 (not sure of min marks) =7 pts
C1 16 marks and over = 6 pts ; less marks means B2 automatically
B2 16mks and over = 5 pts

Reading and writing (1 pt each) if you pass C1 then automatically you are elig for these pts.

In your case I think speaking=6 + listening=5 +reading 1 +writing 1=13pts total.

Martin5588 said:
Dear Friends :)
why you don't answer me :( :( :(
Please i need your help

I need your help to calculate my points for immigration to Quebec
I sent my file on 10 December 2011. and according to the new law of 1st of august 2013, i would like to review again my chances.
i have passed the Dalf C1 with total score 50 of 100, i was really very lucky to pass it.
my points are:
speaking: 16
listening : 12
reading : 11
writing : 11
so, according to the new rules, how many points i could obtain

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ievgen said:
Lemans,

Well said as always. We all need to start practicing with shoveling and crushing limestone ;D
you can discuss and take your advises from Ketevan ;)

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
bosschips said:
Wow l! Thanks Ievgen for the quick response.

Re: My first question,
So I just submit my high school diploma and college degree then? You mentioned a comparative study? What is it?

I have some basic questions again. If you could answer, that would be great.

1. In form A-0520-AA, Question 9: "Are you a holder of one or several of the ff diplomas"

Do I tick the box, "Diploma or training recognized as equivalent by a Quebec regulatory body"?
I am a BS Nursing degree in the Philippines (4 years)

2. Do I need to put my middle name on the "Family name at birth" line?

3. Will I just leave blank items not applicable to me?

4. Only one passport sized picture is necessary in the application? Will I paste it on the application form?

5.What is does work internships in the context of studies over the last five years mean? Does this include trainings I did? Will this add up to the experience points? Can I not declare this if I have sufficient professional experience as a staff nurse?

6. Which IELTS do they need? General Training or Academic?
Sure buddy. I just didn't see your post first. probably just skipped it cause there's a lot being posted all the time ;)

1) Unless you studied in Canada mark "NO" for all 4 questions in this section. That's your case as you studied in Philippines.
2) Middle name is optional in almost all applications not only this one for CSQ. I personally never put it. However, if it's indicated in your passport then you may indicate it. Remember, that either you indicate it on all the forms ( this and future ones also) or nowhere for not to cause misconception.
3) Mark "NA" in all places that aren't applicable instead of leaving them blank.
4) I suggest glueing the picture to the framed place on the form where it has to be. Alternatively, attach it with a clip to the application. Doesn't really matter. Such a small thing ;D
5) What you see on all immigration websites is that all work experience including volunteering and practical training that led to diploma are counted. In fact, I don't know the case where it was counted for points. The work experience must be paid to receive points for that. The reason for that is that employment contract/work letter isn't the only required document to be submitted. You'll also need something to prove its legality as Tax payment proof or social security contributions. If you can't prove something documentally don't include it in the application. Moreover, if you already qualify without it. Otherwise it'll make your file questionable and requiring more information that will lead to delay. For instance, I didn't include some of my experience as I couldn't prove it documentally even though it's much more valuable than the one for which I was awarded points. And nevertheless, it's in my resume.
6) Take General module without a doubt. I've taken both and can definitely say that it's much easier than Academic. Furthermore, it's the only one that is acceptable :D

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
lemans207 said:
you can discuss and take your advises from Ketevan ;)
Seems that after the visa is stamped it begins the road to hell instead of having the reason to celebrate ;D
Then we'll need lots of patience and endurance like the slaves who built great pyramides :eek:
In this case it makes more sense to work in the garden or in the yard and throw away the degree :D
That's gonna be a better preparation for landing.

Sairam

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Ievgen said:
1) Points are awarded based on the overall years of schooling and the country where degree was obtained. Not all BS degrees are equivalent as they range in terms of years studied and credits earned. From what I read in the CSQ bulletin, on average 10 points are awarded for a degree with 16+ years of education. Also, I recommend to do a comparative evaluation of your degree.
2) There's a form called financial declaration that you have to sign and mail along with the rest of your documents. That's all you need to do. No need to submit a bank statement.
Dear Ievgen;

I am also nurse having 10+3 years nursing education,Here in my country; I did 3 years diploma in nursing after schooling(completion of 10th grade).If I am not wrong ;an applicants who has post-secondary technical diploma of 1 or 2 year in the section of 12 or 16 AOT points automatically awarded with 10 points on education.I think;application having four year degree in the 12 or 16 points AOT do not need to worry for getting 10 points. I welcome any inputs by seniors in this concern.

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ievgen said:
Sure buddy. I just didn't see your post first. probably just skipped it cause there's a lot being posted all the time ;)

1) Unless you studied in Canada mark "NO" for all 4 questions in this section. That's your case as you studied in Philippines.
2) Middle name is optional in almost all applications not only this one for CSQ. I personally never put it. However, if it's indicated in your passport then you may indicate it. Remember, that either you indicate it on all the forms ( this and future ones also) or nowhere for not to cause misconception.
3) Mark "NA" in all places that aren't applicable instead of leaving them blank.
4) I suggest glueing the picture to the framed place on the form where it has to be. Alternatively, attach it with a clip to the application. Doesn't really matter. Such a small thing ;D
5) What you see on all immigration websites is that all work experience including volunteering and practical training that led to diploma are counted. In fact, I don't know the case where it was counted for points. The work experience must be paid to receive points for that. The reason for that is that employment contract/work letter isn't the only required document to be submitted. You'll also need something to prove its legality as Tax payment proof or social security contributions. If you can't prove something documentally don't include it in the application. Moreover, if you already qualify without it. Otherwise it'll make your file questionable and requiring more information that will lead to delay. For instance, I didn't include some of my experience as I couldn't prove it documentally even though it's much more valuable than the one for which I was awarded points. And nevertheless, it's in my resume.
6) Take General module without a doubt. I've taken both and can definitely say that it's much easier than Academic. Furthermore, it's the only one that is acceptable :D
Thank you sir Ievgen for your time and input on my queries. :) I hope to accomplish this application as soon as possible.

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
Sairam said:
Dear Ievgen;

I am also nurse having 10+3 years nursing education,Here in my country; I did 3 years diploma in nursing after schooling(completion of 10th grade).If I am not wrong ;an applicants who has post-secondary technical diploma of 1 or 2 year in the section of 12 or 16 AOT points automatically awarded with 10 points on education.I think;application having four year degree in the 12 or 16 points AOT do not need to worry for getting 10 points. I welcome any inputs by seniors in this concern.
You confused the points for educational level and AOT. These are two different criterias independent of each other. I specified that 16+ years are required to get 10 points for education with a BS degree regardless of the field. It doesn't matter what your profession is. Not all degrees are equivalent.The 3-year degree form France and from India aren't the same thing for immigration officers.

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
CSQ 16/8/2013 PR 01/04/2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
No passport request visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
Ievgen said:
You confused the points for educational level and AOT. These are two different criterias independent of each other. I specified that 16+ years are required to get 10 points for education with a BS degree regardless of the field. It doesn't matter what your profession is. Not all degrees are equivalent.The 3-year degree form France and from India aren't the same thing for immigration officers.
Technically you are right of course but you can't really use French degrees as a reference as they are all covered my a Mutual Recognition Agreement, so they are treated the same as a Québec degrees, one of the advantages of gaining a degree in France if yuo want to live in Québec...

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ievgen said:
Seems that after the visa is stamped it begins the road to hell instead of having the reason to celebrate ;D
Then we'll need lots of patience and endurance like the slaves who built great pyramides :eek:
In this case it makes more sense to work in the garden or in the yard and throw away the degree :D
That's gonna be a better preparation for landing.
It will be fine, nothing comes easy ;)

hardik_shah

May 30, 2012
Gujarat, India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th December 2014
Nomination.....
PER - 2nd March 2015
AOR Received.
17th April 2015
IELTS Request
Sent alongwith application
Med's Request
13th May 2015
Med's Done....
20th May 2015
Interview........
Waived - DM on 10th June
Passport Req..
11th June 2015
Makroh,

Can you share some details of your profile, i mean your AOT, and total points.

I submitted my application with 62 points and AOT 12, 2 months back and eagerly waiting for my CC to be charged. :D

Hardik

Makroh said:
They charged my credit card after 3 months.