QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oszi said:
I think if you are at least 57, and at most 62, they have to call you for an interview, by their rules, assuming you applied with spouse.
i was more than 55 points and language tests, my degree equivalence in quebec proof of work TAXES and i had interview

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
Thanks, kuro_shio! This is very good!

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/informations/faq.html#1aout

But I'm still confused, my French is not good enough, I don't understand how chapter 1 and chapter 3 work together. It seems like they contradict each other. For example, as of August 1st I received only AOR, so according to chapter 1 new rules applied to me. But I filed my application before August 1, so according to chapter 3 new rules don't apply to me... so... ??

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
alexey_nathan said:

But I'm still confused, my French is not good enough, I don't understand how chapter 1 and chapter 3 work together. It seems like they contradict each other. For example, as of August 1st I received only AOR, so according to chapter 1 new rules applied to me. But I filed my application before August 1, so according to chapter 3 new rules don't apply to me... so... ??
would you please refere exactly where are you talking about ? i didnt see this in the link ..

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
alexey_nathan said:

Basically this is exactly what I concluded from GPI-3-1 weeks ago, that AOR does not mean anything in terms of new rules, only interview letter, decision pending letter, refusal letter, etc. Everyone else will be treated under new rules:

1. I applied for immigration in the regular Skilled Worker Program. How do I know whether the new measures apply to me?

The new measures apply to you if, dated 1 st August 2013, you received from the Department or one of the following documents:

• A receipt confirming the opening of your file and the collection of fees charged;
  • An acknowledgment of receipt and a letter asking you to provide the missing documents or documents that conform in order to process your request.

If, dated 1 st August 2013, you were in one of the situations described below, it means that your file was already in treatment. Therefore, the new measures do not apply to you.

• You have been invited to a selection interview to be held in the coming weeks or months;
  • You have received a letter entitled "Application pending selection interview", which tells you that the first evaluation of your application is complete and that you will shortly for an interview;
  • You have received a letter entitled "Application pending decision" that informs you that you will be contacted once a decision has been taken;
  • You received a letter entitled "Intention refusal" that informs you that you must submit other documents or information to allow us to continue the analysis of your file;
  • You've already spent a selection interview and your application has not been finalized.

kuro_shio

Star Member
Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MCVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2012
Nomination.....
CSQ 04-12-2014
AOR Received.
BIQ 22-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-04-2015
Med's Request
05-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2015
alexey_nathan said:

The item 3 is only about the rules of reception for applications, not the processing itself which is described on item 1, this means that if you submitted your application before august 1st they will accept it and charge the fees but they will process it according to the new rules anyway.

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
oszi said:
Basically this is exactly what I concluded from GPI-3-1 weeks ago, that AOR does not mean anything in terms of new rules, only interview letter, decision pending letter, refusal letter, etc. Everyone else will be treated under new rules:

1. I applied for immigration in the regular Skilled Worker Program. How do I know whether the new measures apply to me?

The new measures apply to you if, dated 1 st August 2013, you received from the Department or one of the following documents:

• A receipt confirming the opening of your file and the collection of fees charged;
  • An acknowledgment of receipt and a letter asking you to provide the missing documents or documents that conform in order to process your request.

If, dated 1 st August 2013, you were in one of the situations described below, it means that your file was already in treatment. Therefore, the new measures do not apply to you.

• You have been invited to a selection interview to be held in the coming weeks or months;
  • You have received a letter entitled "Application pending selection interview", which tells you that the first evaluation of your application is complete and that you will shortly for an interview;
  • You have received a letter entitled "Application pending decision" that informs you that you will be contacted once a decision has been taken;
  • You received a letter entitled "Intention refusal" that informs you that you must submit other documents or information to allow us to continue the analysis of your file;
  • You've already spent a selection interview and your application has not been finalized.
so, if i received " A receipt confirming the opening of your file and the collection of fees charged; "

in 2012, then no new rules apply according to Question one.

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
kuro_shio said:
The item 3 is only about the rules of reception for applications, not the processing itself which is described on item 1, this means that if you submitted your application before august 1st they will accept it and charge the fees but they will process it according to the new rules anyway.
If submitted before Aug 1st, and AOR war received to submitter after Aug 1st then new rules will apply ..

but applicants will have more time to compensate the missing points ..

this is not fair at all.

maxCoder

Aug 21, 2013
Is it possible to get a CSQ for Quebec Skilled Workers with 0 knowledge (i mean absolute no knowledge) of French, even if you surpass the minimum passing marks ?

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
maxCoder said:
Is it possible to get a CSQ for Quebec Skilled Workers with 0 knowledge (i mean absolute no knowledge) of French, even if you surpass the minimum passing marks ?
yes

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
kuro_shio said:
I called MICC and they said part 3 is only about general immigration, not Skilled Worker category. Part 1 is about Skilled Worker.

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Règles et procédures d'immigration en vigueur depuis le 1er août 2013

1. J’ai présenté une demande d’immigration dans le Programme régulier des travailleurs qualifiés. Comment puis-je savoir si les nouvelles mesures s’appliquent à moi?

Les nouvelles mesures s’appliquent à vous si, en date du 1er août 2013, vous avez reçu de la part du Ministère l’un ou l’autre des documents suivants :

Un accusé de réception confirmant l’ouverture de votre dossier et l’encaissement des frais exigés;
Un accusé de réception ainsi qu’une lettre vous demandant de fournir des documents manquants ou des documents conformes afin de pouvoir traiter votre demande.
Si, en date du 1er août 2013, vous étiez dans l’une des situations décrites ci-après, cela signifie que votre dossier était déjà en traitement. Par conséquent, les nouvelles mesures ne s’appliquent pas à vous.

Vous avez été convoqué à une entrevue de sélection qui aura lieu au cours des prochaines semaines ou mois;
Vous avez reçu une lettre intitulée « Demande en attente d’entrevue de sélection » qui vous informe qu’une première évaluation de votre demande est complétée et que vous serez sous peu convoqué en entrevue;
Vous avez reçu une lettre intitulée « Demande en attente de décision » qui vous informe que nous communiquerons avec vous lorsqu’une décision aura été prise;
Vous avez reçu une lettre intitulée « Intention de refus » qui vous informe que vous devez soumettre d’autres documents ou informations pour nous permettre de poursuivre l’analyse de votre dossier;
Vous avez déjà passé une entrevue de sélection et votre dossier n’est pas finalisé.

Pour obtenir plus d'information sur les règles et procédures mises en vigueur le 1er août 2013, consultez la page Règles et procédures d'immigration.

maxCoder

Aug 21, 2013
signalmaker said:
I filed for the FSWP for 2174 on 25-June-2013 but the cap already got filled. So, i am filing for CSQ now. I had some more doubts. Kindly help

1.) For applying under Permanent Workers visa, a Declaration form is required to be filled for candidates practicing a regulated profession or trade. One of the professions mentioned is Engineer. Now, Engineer is a very broad profession consisting of many sub-professions. I have completed my studies in Computer Science and Engineering and I am currently working as a Software Engineer. In many parts of the world, my profession comes under IT (Information Technology) professional and not Engineer. So, i want to know that is my profession included in the 'Engineer' profession mentioned here.

2.) I have already applied for the Federal Skilled Worker Program to CIC. My application has yet not been accepted or processed. Due to low quota and high influx of applications, i doubt the success of my application and feel i will end up in the waiting list. So, i feel applying to this program is more fruitful. I want to know if my FSWP application is going to affect my application here or not.

3.) When i fill the online evaluation for Permanent Worker on Quebec Immigration website, i get the result as not qualified whereas if i manually add points based on my credentials, i find that i surpass the passing marks. Is the online evaluation not updated on the website or am i missing something ?

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
maxCoder said:
I filed for the FSWP for 2174 on 25-June-2013 but the cap already got filled. So, i am filing for CSQ now. I had some more doubts. Kindly help

1.) For applying under Permanent Workers visa, a Declaration form is required to be filled for candidates practicing a regulated profession or trade. One of the professions mentioned is Engineer. Now, Engineer is a very broad profession consisting of many sub-professions. I have completed my studies in Computer Science and Engineering and I am currently working as a Software Engineer. In many parts of the world, my profession comes under IT (Information Technology) professional and not Engineer. So, i want to know that is my profession included in the 'Engineer' profession mentioned here.

2.) I have already applied for the Federal Skilled Worker Program to CIC. My application has yet not been accepted or processed. Due to low quota and high influx of applications, i doubt the success of my application and feel i will end up in the waiting list. So, i feel applying to this program is more fruitful. I want to know if my FSWP application is going to affect my application here or not.

3.) When i fill the online evaluation for Permanent Worker on Quebec Immigration website, i get the result as not qualified whereas if i manually add points based on my credentials, i find that i surpass the passing marks. Is the online evaluation not updated on the website or am i missing something ?
Evaluating online is not guranteed.

go ahead with Quebec regardless of Federal now

If you apply under Software Engineer, you will be refused immedately.

If you apply under Computer and Software Engineer you May be refused immediately.

Ofcorse or will be considered ( according to new stuff ) with No points and no Priority.

If your certificate from university is not Named " computer Engineer ", AND the work letter have the same thing, you may get refused immediately.

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
signalmaker said:
Règles et procédures d'immigration en vigueur depuis le 1er août 2013

1. J'ai présenté une demande d'immigration dans le Programme régulier des travailleurs qualifiés. Comment puis-je savoir si les nouvelles mesures s'appliquent à moi?

Les nouvelles mesures s'appliquent à vous si, en date du 1er août 2013, vous avez reçu de la part du Ministère l'un ou l'autre des documents suivants :

Un accusé de réception confirmant l'ouverture de votre dossier et l'encaissement des frais exigés;
Un accusé de réception ainsi qu'une lettre vous demandant de fournir des documents manquants ou des documents conformes afin de pouvoir traiter votre demande.
Si, en date du 1er août 2013, vous étiez dans l'une des situations décrites ci-après, cela signifie que votre dossier était déjà en traitement. Par conséquent, les nouvelles mesures ne s'appliquent pas à vous.

Vous avez été convoqué à une entrevue de sélection qui aura lieu au cours des prochaines semaines ou mois;
Vous avez reçu une lettre intitulée « Demande en attente d'entrevue de sélection » qui vous informe qu'une première évaluation de votre demande est complétée et que vous serez sous peu convoqué en entrevue;
Vous avez reçu une lettre intitulée « Demande en attente de décision » qui vous informe que nous communiquerons avec vous lorsqu'une décision aura été prise;
Vous avez reçu une lettre intitulée « Intention de refus » qui vous informe que vous devez soumettre d'autres documents ou informations pour nous permettre de poursuivre l'analyse de votre dossier;
Vous avez déjà passé une entrevue de sélection et votre dossier n'est pas finalisé.

Pour obtenir plus d'information sur les règles et procédures mises en vigueur le 1er août 2013, consultez la page Règles et procédures d'immigration.

source

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
signalmaker said:
Evaluating online is not guranteed.

go ahead with Quebec regardless of Federal now

If you apply under Software Engineer, you will be refused immedately.

If you apply under Computer and Software Engineer you May be refused immediately.

Ofcorse or will be considered ( according to new stuff ) with No points and no Priority.

If your certificate from university is not Named " computer Engineer ", AND the work letter have the same thing, you may get refused immediately.

it means all applications from

2011-2013 from Asia who don't have B2 level will get 0 points in the language who haven't got any corspondence from them strange ! LOL better to look new options at last they have posted on their website !

A receipt confirming the opening of your file and the collection of fees charged;
An acknowledgment of receipt and a letter asking you to provide the missing documents or documents that conform in order to process your request.

You have been invited to a selection interview to be held in the coming weeks or months;
You have received a letter entitled "Application pending selection interview", which tells you that the first evaluation of your application is complete and that you will shortly for an interview;
You have received a letter entitled "Application pending decision" that informs you that you will be contacted once a decision has been taken;
You received a letter entitled "Intention refusal" that informs you that you must submit other documents or information to allow us to continue the analysis of your file;
You've already spent a selection interview and your application has not been finalized.