U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
shootingstar said:
I had my interview today with my spouse(main applicant). The Quebec officer did not grant us the CSQ because we did not have any CIEP results. Strange that the officer wanted this because we applied before Dec 2011. I had submitted my DELF B2 certificate but he inisisted that we should both take the TCF pour Quebec and mail our results.

Otherwise, the interview was pretty calm, but the officer was not a friendly one like many of the applicants report. He verified passports, diplomas, and work experience. He also asked "Why Quebec" and the interview was entirely in English. I think he had his mind made up to make us sit for tests, otherwise he would have given an option to speak in French, or atleast try in French.
Sorry to hear about the result of your interview. What is CIEP by the way? And is that a mandatory requirement? Was that the only reason why you were not granted with CSQ?

kumarbadalabad

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shootingstar said:
I had my interview today with my spouse(main applicant). The Quebec officer did not grant us the CSQ because we did not have any CIEP results. Strange that the officer wanted this because we applied before Dec 2011. I had submitted my DELF B2 certificate but he inisisted that we should both take the TCF pour Quebec and mail our results.

Otherwise, the interview was pretty calm, but the officer was not a friendly one like many of the applicants report. He verified passports, diplomas, and work experience. He also asked "Why Quebec" and the interview was entirely in English. I think he had his mind made up to make us sit for tests, otherwise he would have given an option to speak in French, or atleast try in French.
may I ask what is the AOT of your spouse and yours too? do you have a child? how many total points did you have? where was your interview?

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
alq814 said:
Sorry to hear about the result of your interview. What is CIEP by the way? And is that a mandatory requirement? Was that the only reason why you were not granted with CSQ?
TCF Quebec or TEFaQ tests. I had DELF results, he insisted on TCF and said we are ready for the CSQ but he would need a TCF result from both of us. Tests is not mandatory for those of us who have applied before Dec 5, 2011, this officer was mean and unfriendly. He said that was the only reason and your profile is otherwise great(he actually used these words)

Has anyone taken TCF ? Any tips?

vicky4frendz

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/10/2011
AOR Received.
3/12/2011
IELTS Request
Submited afterwards
Interview........
Waiting :(
Really sorry to hear that,,, ??? Can you please share the French language proficiency level of you both?
What is the AOT of you both?

Presentlly I'm preparing for DELF B1 and I have also submitted my file in Oct-11. So I'm wondering that if I should also go for TCF :mad:

shootingstar said:

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
kumarbadalabad said:
may I ask what is the AOT of your spouse and yours too? do you have a child? how many total points did you have? where was your interview?
I was trying to analyze a lot of such questions before our interview , unfortunately, I learnt one thing - the decision on our case was already made before we even walked into the interview. The officer wanted CIEP results. I don't think it makes sense for me to answer these questions of yours because , according to the officer, "both your profiles are positive and great, but I cannot accept your DELF results. Please send us your CIEP test results, atleast A2, and I will mail your CSQ". This is exactly what he said. I even asked if there is something I can do to improve our profile and send some documents. He said " As i said, you both are a young couple, capable of a bright professional career, speaking great english. I would want a CIEP test result to issue you a CSQ and I will give you 6 months".

Hope that helps!

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
vicky4frendz said:
Really sorry to hear that,,, ??? Can you please share the French language proficiency level of you both?
What is the AOT of you both?

Presentlly I'm preparing for DELF B1 and I have also submitted my file in Oct-11. So I'm wondering that if I should also go for TCF :mad:
main applicant A1 DELF
spouse B2 DELF

kumarbadalabad

Star Member
Aug 1, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shootingstar said:
I was trying to analyze a lot of such questions before our interview , unfortunately, I learnt one thing - the decision on our case was already made before we even walked into the interview. The officer wanted CIEP results. I don't think it makes sense for me to answer these questions of yours because , according to the officer, "both your profiles are positive and great, but I cannot accept your DELF results. Please send us your CIEP test results, atleast A2, and I will mail your CSQ". This is exactly what he said. I even asked if there is something I can do to improve our profile and send some documents. He said " As i said, you both are a young couple, capable of a bright professional career, speaking great english. I would want a CIEP test result to issue you a CSQ and I will give you 6 months".

Hope that helps!
that's good to know. I just want to know and maybe most of us here want to know also since the officer told you that your profile is great so I guess maybe we can compare our profile to your profile and see if we could make a good impression to the officer also then we all need to have French test at hand only.

shootingstar

Mar 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10/10/2013
Interview........
18/4/2013
kumarbadalabad said:
that's good to know. I just want to know and maybe most of us here want to know also since the officer told you that your profile is great so I guess maybe we can compare our profile to your profile and see if we could make a good impression to the officer also then we all need to have French test at hand only.
Well, just take the TCF Quebec or TEF Quebec and you will be fine.

I'm not sure how hard TCF Quebec is, I myself need to study for it now.

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Shooting Star,

I think that you are right , they were hard on you because they had made up their minds already. So you basically know what you need to do to get your CSQ, if so unfortunate that they didn't tell you this before. Because they are basically saying the DELF is useless and they are really sticking out for the French no matter what the "requirements" are....BECAUSE the requirements STILL do not say that you must have any French at all! So now I am wondering if I should do any DELF at all or just do the TEF which if only offered in January in my country.....what a long wait!.

I really appreciate your post though. Thank you.

shootingstar said:
TCF Quebec or TEFaQ tests. I had DELF results, he insisted on TCF and said we are ready for the CSQ but he would need a TCF result from both of us. Tests is not mandatory for those of us who have applied before Dec 5, 2011, this officer was mean and unfriendly. He said that was the only reason and your profile is otherwise great(he actually used these words)

Has anyone taken TCF ? Any tips?

sujaarun

Apr 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-10-2012
AOR Received.
26-03-2013
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.0, DELF A1 submitted with application
Shootingstar

I am shocked to hear this. Even I have submitted DELF that too A1. Does this mean that DELF is no longer accepted. Did u try speaking in French to the officer?

Thanks

shootingstar said:

cvrats13

Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sg-hk
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-4-13
AOR Received.
24-07-13
santiago.rowel said:
@ cvrats13
Yes, I am really beginning from scratch... you too?

-- just submitted my requirement through agent by next week he will submit in biq hk?

alq814

Apr 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-06-2013
AOR Received.
17-09-2013
shootingstar said:

Hope that helps!
I know that the result of your recent interview was not something you look forward too, however, on a positive note...at least the officer gave you 6 months to submit french test result. You said, you already took DELF before, so i assume you only need a refresher course or review then go ahead and take TEFAQ (which is specific for Quebec applicants) asap and mail the test result/certificate as soon as you got it....and pray that the officer is true to his words about giving you the CSQ once you submit the TEFAQ A2 certificate. Best of luck ;)

mayingdts

Mar 26, 2013
shootingstar said:
Well, just take the TCF Quebec or TEF Quebec and you will be fine.
I'm not sure how hard TCF Quebec is, I myself need to study for it now.
it will be sure that you will get your csqs! To a candidate who obtain DELF B2, getting a result of A2 of TEF for quebec or TCF for quebec is quite easy! Your know, in China, most of candidates reach that score. so take it easy.

By the way, what is DELF? And how you get your classification of DELF A1/A2/B1..../C2?

islandbabe

Champion Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
100% agree with this view Alq814

alq814 said:
I know that the result of your recent interview was not something you look forward too, however, on a positive note...at least the officer gave you 6 months to submit french test result. You said, you already took DELF before, so i assume you only need a refresher course or review then go ahead and take TEFAQ (which is specific for Quebec applicants) asap and mail the test result/certificate as soon as you got it....and pray that the officer is true to his words about giving you the CSQ once you submit the TEFAQ A2 certificate. Best of luck ;)