Passport Req..
21-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2013
LANDED..........
12-05-2014
new2can said:
Hi,

I recently applied for Quebec Skilled Worker (as pre assessment showed i am eligible even without French knowledge). I am planning to learn French before interview comes up (if my application is accepted). Any suggestions from where i can learn French? Can i do it online with free courses? OR do i have to register for some paid course for classes?

Also, after going through some of the posts here i realized that in my application i didn't mention that i intended to learn French and i am making an effort towards it. I wonder having not put this information in the application would have possibility of rejection of my application for Quebec Selection Certificate? Please suggest and let me know what do now.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Seniors, please let me know. Thanks in advance

L

ladykiller

ladykiller said:
I would like to know whether or not there is any specific occupation list for Quebec immigration just like FSW1?
In addition is french laguage skill mandatory to qualify for Quebec immigration and what is the current pass mark?

Thanks,
Ladykiller
waiting for deliberate answers

bhavikna

Dec 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2008
AOR Received.
13-11-2008
Med's Request
07-02-2011
bhavikna said:
Merci beaucoup. Oui, nous obtiendrons certainement le CSQ. Sure, je partagerai mon expérience avec vous au sujet de l'entrevue
Hello Shahi,

Happy New Year.

How the preparation is going on for interview?

If you have any tips for the preparation of interview then please do let me know. If i will get any new update then i will definitely let you know.

Regards,
Bhavik

anumatri

Dec 9, 2009
Visa Office......
buffualo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
12-10-2010
Med's Request
waiting ...............

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
@ Bhavikna..

Bonjour... Bonne Annee A toi aussi!!... je prepare les questions tres commun das l'entrevue...

Pourqoui vous choisiez Quebec ou Canada..
Qu'est que tu va faire si vous ne trouveriez pas un travail la bas..
Est-ce que tu connais Quebec ..son histoire etc.etc..

c'est tout..!!...mes amis m'a dit que l'entrevue est simple... seulment restez en confiance..et parlez en francias!!..

Bonne Chance!!..

@ Anumatri... Your welcome!
Shahi

qsw

Star Member
Nov 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
nd
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
19may2011
bon nouvelle
some of my friends got CSQ directly, it is +ve sign for all .
qsw

nicolepot

Dec 30, 2010
HEllo there, Im a Newbie in this forum, I need help. Which is better for me to apply FSW or QSW? and faster processing time?

Education and experience: Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Commerce(2004)-major in Financial management- 6 years working
experience as a office manager.
2nd course : Bachelor of science in nursing(working student)(Graduated:march
2010)-currently working as a clinic nurse for less than a year

**27 years old, Has a relative in quebec and alberta

I need Help please! I need to decide asap!

Any Suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thank you

CSQ_Applicant

May 2, 2010
Hi Yogie,

Everything is given on the website. There is a guide on the site but I don't know the location of it. Saw it long back. It has all the countries listed on it. If you click on it, they have given equivalence for the Indian System.

Now, from my understanding all Engineering Diplomas from recognised state or central govt. institutes are considered for points.

So, in that case , you would not have any issue over the quebec equivalence. They are quebec equivalent indeed.

The trouble is the subjectivity of the field of Engineering. You have both "Electronics and Commuication" mentioned in the title.

This leaves us at the discretion of the Visa officer. If he counts it under the Electronics Part, you would be having only 6+6 points.

If he however, considers the degree under the telecommunications ( which is a bit difficult because nowhere is telecommunications mentioned in your title) then you would be awarded 12+10 = 22 points.

The best you can do now is that the work experience certificates that you show should be detailed enough and reflect that most of the job responsibilities involved that telecommunications field in them.

Just ask your friends (in BSNL or MTNL or any other reputed firm) who have specialized in telecommunications, what kind of responsibilities they have.

Try constructing your work experience certificates from your employer in that direction and your chances of scoring 22 points would increase manifold.

Let me know in case you have any other concerns.

Regards,

Ajit

CSQ_Applicant

May 2, 2010
Hi Shahi,

How are you ? Hope Interview preparation is in full swing.

Anyways, I had another concern.

I am trying to get work experience certificates from my previous employers. Although my field of Training is "Chemical Engineering" which comes under the priority list but the Work Experience has been split up over Finance and IT.

As per the website, you will get points if the degree received is within the last 5 years. If you have a degree older than 5 years, you would need to produce an experience directly related to the field of education.

Can we interpret this in a way that if your degree is received within the last 5 years, the field of your experience does not matter. It should just be of sufficient duration to give you the points. I have seen people with a biotechnology degree and experience in IT getting the CSQ on this forum.

In such a case, assuming that job responsibilites do not contribute to the points or decide the eligibility criteria, can we just give a simple work experience letter which we get after our resignation stating our designation, department and the tenure of job.

There are 2 reasons for this .

I do not want to elaborate upon the job responsibilities which are not related to my field of Training. Don't you think this would be creating a doubt in the mind of the Visa officer regarding my willingness to pursue a profession related to my field of training in Quebec.

Employers create a lot of hassle asking us to run here and there getting approvals for the job responsibilities from your previous managers who are actually difficult to trace. They have either left jobs or don't remember what I did 2 years back or so.

Thanks.

Regards,

Ajit

Shahi said:
@ Bhavikna..

Bonjour... Bonne Annee A toi aussi!!... je prepare les questions tres commun das l'entrevue...

Pourqoui vous choisiez Quebec ou Canada..
Qu'est que tu va faire si vous ne trouveriez pas un travail la bas..
Est-ce que tu connais Quebec ..son histoire etc.etc..

c'est tout..!!...mes amis m'a dit que l'entrevue est simple... seulment restez en confiance..et parlez en francias!!..

Bonne Chance!!..

@ Anumatri... Your welcome!
Shahi

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Hey Qsw...

in my circle too...3 ppl got CSQ..without interview..... which sort of makes me wonder why i did not get it!!...any how lest us see..!

@ Nicole pot..

If you know french..then i guess Quebec is better..else alberta.. Professionally which one is better...tht i guess you need to find out!..

@Ajit... yes i think tht if you have done your degree in the last five yrs..then you will get the points...just give the letter which you get after resignation...

Good luck
Shahi

bhavikna

Dec 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-08-2008
AOR Received.
13-11-2008
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Shahi said:
Hey Qsw...

in my circle too...3 ppl got CSQ..without interview..... which sort of makes me wonder why i did not get it!!...any how lest us see..!

@ Nicole pot..

If you know french..then i guess Quebec is better..else alberta.. Professionally which one is better...tht i guess you need to find out!..

@ Ajit... yes i think tht if you have done your degree in the last five yrs..then you will get the points...just give the letter which you get after resignation...

Good luck
Shahi
Hello Shahi,

I heard that those who got the CSQ, it is just because of their qualification in finance with high experience in same field. Currently Quebec has urgent requirement for finance people. So those who got the CSQ, they got the ultimatum to complete the further process ASAP.

I also heard that quebec also has labor shortage at the moment so visa officer would be so polite during interview. That's the positive sign for us.

Regards,
Bhavik

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Hello Bhavik

Ok now i get it..although i have also heard tht Computer and IT ppl are also getting CSQ directly..n since tht is my field..i was a bit puzzled..anyhow...getting interview call is good enough!!...like you said..hope we get the CSQ!!..

Tk care!.

Shahi

canimig

Jan 5, 2011
I am Planning to Immigrate to Canada through the Quebec province. Any advice regarding this will be highly appreciated.
1. I am 34 years of age, married , no children.
2. I have done my 10 yrs of schooling and then 3 yrs of full time Dimploma in Mechanical Engg. Graduation in BCA ( Bachelors in computer application, 3 yrs through correspondence, and post gradution in MSc IT, 2 years ( Masters in information technology) also through correspondence.)
3. I have over all 8 years of work experience and the last 3 years and 4 months in IT business development ( Lead generation , sales etc ) through Telephone.
4. I have not taken IELTS yet and will be enrollig for french class soon.

Can anyone kindly advise me, looking into my achievements so far in the academic and work experience , do I stand a fair chance to be eligible for immigration to the Quebec province ASAP as I was to start the process soon. Any suggesion wil be highly appreciated.

regards

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
Take online evaluation test on the website

Good luck

Shahi

yogie

Jan 9, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CSQ_Applicant said:
Hi Yogie,

Everything is given on the website. There is a guide on the site but I don't know the location of it. Saw it long back. It has all the countries listed on it. If you click on it, they have given equivalence for the Indian System.

Now, from my understanding all Engineering Diplomas from recognised state or central govt. institutes are considered for points.

So, in that case , you would not have any issue over the quebec equivalence. They are quebec equivalent indeed.

The trouble is the subjectivity of the field of Engineering. You have both "Electronics and Commuication" mentioned in the title.

This leaves us at the discretion of the Visa officer. If he counts it under the Electronics Part, you would be having only 6+6 points.

If he however, considers the degree under the telecommunications ( which is a bit difficult because nowhere is telecommunications mentioned in your title) then you would be awarded 12+10 = 22 points.

The best you can do now is that the work experience certificates that you show should be detailed enough and reflect that most of the job responsibilities involved that telecommunications field in them.

Just ask your friends (in BSNL or MTNL or any other reputed firm) who have specialized in telecommunications, what kind of responsibilities they have.

Try constructing your work experience certificates from your employer in that direction and your chances of scoring 22 points would increase manifold.

Let me know in case you have any other concerns.

Regards,

Ajit

Thank you, Ajit for your valuable reply.

As I have mentioned earlier in my post that I have completed my Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering,so it already equally comprises of the field of Electronics and Telecommunication (or Communication) and though there is not mentioned the "Telecommunication" in the Title of my Diploma but the terms "Communication" & "Telecommunication" are the same in the case of Diploma in Electronics & Communication Engineering. Also in INDIA, in some engineering colleges they use the term "Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering ,whereas some colleges use the term "Electronics & Communication Engineering".

And as I am currently working (since 2008,i.e.2.6 years) in the field of Telecommunication in BSNL Telephone Exchange and my most of the job duties are the same that is mentioned in the "NOC 7246 B - Installation and Repair of Telecommunications Equipment (DVS - 1,800 hours / 2 years), So do you think that it would be sufficient for VO to allot me 22 points for my education and area of training?

One more thing as you know here in INDIA, most of us have the job Offer Letter or Appointment Letter or Job Certificate or Experience Certificate ,which does not include Job responsibilities and it simply include the date of joining to date of leaving the job, job designation and other terms and conditions of the employment. So here I would like to know that is it o.k. to attach that job Experience Letter and regarding job duties we can write it on separate sheet for that particular Job designation? if so then would they consider it legible for allocating points for that experience?

Again thanks for your valuable reply.