+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec applicants 2010(Damascus) waiting for medicals

initial

Feb 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
Tnanks Lmastory. I meant to ask about "the newcommer account" In particular. Is it recommended?
I was thinking of opening the account after landing. What do u all recommend? Before or after landing?

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
initial said:
question about banks. do u recommend the rbc new commer account ?

Dont take all you money to canada, make an account in lebanon and/or

because if you take big amounts, ull not get help from government. i have friend studying engliqh and french courses and getting 1300$/month.
if you take big amount youll get nothing.

you can take cash or chèque
TD bank is best.

You need to make credit cards because all building you r not allowed to have washing machine in ur appartement. so youl go down to wash your clothes and pay by credit card its 2.5$/ wash and 2.5$/drying

danyboy

Star Member
May 17, 2013
mount lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
8-2013
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Interview........
4-2013
lemans207 said:

because if you take big amounts, ull not get help from government. i have friend studying engliqh and french courses and getting 1300$/month.

TD bank is best.

You need to make credit cards because all building you r not allowed to have washing machine in ur appartement. so youl go down to wash your clothes and pay by credit card its 2.5$/ wash and 2.5$/drying
how much cash can we take without declaring?

initial

Feb 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
lemans207 said:

TD bank is best.

How much is big amount ?

It is easy to open an account and get a credit card . No ?

Lmastory

May 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ - September 17 2009
AOR Received.
21-FEB-2010
File Transfer...
February 22, 2012
Med's Request
August 1 2013
Med's Done....
August 7 2013
Passport Req..
March 6 2014
VISA ISSUED...
march 24 2014
LANDED..........
April 1st 2014
raffayelaa said:
Hi lmastory congratulations and all the best please share ur experience as soon as u reach there , question which kind of papers did you submit to get the account and when the best time to start the process.

Alf mabrouk and god bless you

Regards
Thank you and i will stay in touch once i get settled
good question, there are 2 types of identification needed, Type A and Type B

in our case as new immigrants without a PPR card Type A will be our passport *you need to have the original on you alongside the copy*
the RBC certified Lawyer off www.martindale.com will need your original passport to verify who you are and then fill an RBC checklist form regarding the latter. thats why you should not do my mistake by sending the passport to the embassy first but then again worlwide a passport stamp is a 2 days process.

Type B identification in our case again , will have to be either of the following 1- Birth certificate or 2- Driver's license , any one you choose will have to undergo the local marathon to be certified,translated and stamped in a foreign language.

RBC Documents:

total of 4 forms: no need for a walkthrough on those , very basic fill-ins required.
suggestion: print them out and keep them blank , also keep copies on your USB stick for the day of your lawyer's appointment, he will most probably need them too in the process.

ask your lawyer for a witness certification letter (this is not listed) that should include his signature and his lawfirm's stamp/seal.

Time Frame estimation:

1- Certifications + translations = 2-5 days
2- Lawyer session = 2 hours max
3- DHL 5+- working days
4- RBC decision = 1 week

extra pointers:

- Make sure you reach an agreement point over the lawyer's fees BEFORE you initiate the session, in my Opinion 200$ should be the limit starting from 100$ as minimal. avoid being ripped off! with figures like 400$ or 500$ .

- send your passport to the embassy after being done with your lawyer's appointment AND having all the paperwork finalized.

- Book your plane ticket after sending your documents through DHL

N.B. the time frame in this process is crucial , make sure you organize well because it might prove to be costly if you get to a point where you will be forced to reschedule your flight , ticket penalty fee etc...

Lmastory

May 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ - September 17 2009
AOR Received.
21-FEB-2010
File Transfer...
February 22, 2012
Med's Request
August 1 2013
Med's Done....
August 7 2013
Passport Req..
March 6 2014
VISA ISSUED...
march 24 2014
LANDED..........
April 1st 2014
initial said:
Tnanks Lmastory. I meant to ask about "the newcommer account" In particular. Is it recommended?
I was thinking of opening the account after landing. What do u all recommend? Before or after landing?
I cant answer you that at the moment because I will have that answer around the 4th or 7th of April once i go through that process in person for a 100% confirmation report. But after a discussion with my RBC account manager the bank statement issued by the RBC bank and presented to the immigration officer upon landing has zero chance of raising any suspicions or creating unnecessary gray areas that will most likely increase the Q&As, hence less questions asked about the financial matter.

as far as funds I did call the Canadian customs last monday and asked all the questions i needed

the undeclared amount should not exceed the 10k CND
any amount that exceeds those digits will have to be declared by filling the e677.pdf form ( http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e677.pdf )
Extra amount is Not Taxed .

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lmastory said:
I cant answer you that at the moment because I will have that answer around the 4th or 7th of April once i go through that process in person for a 100% confirmation report. But after a discussion with my RBC account manager the bank statement issued by the RBC bank and presented to the immigration officer upon landing has zero chance of raising any suspicions or creating unnecessary gray areas that will most likely increase the Q&As, hence less questions asked about the financial matter.

as far as funds I did call the Canadian customs last monday and asked all the questions i needed

the undeclared amount should not exceed the 10k CND
any amount that exceeds those digits will have to be declared by filling the e677.pdf form ( http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/forms-formulaires/e677.pdf )
Extra amount is Not Taxed
you can take cash as much as u want but youll not pay tax even if u declare.

Lmastory

May 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ - September 17 2009
AOR Received.
21-FEB-2010
File Transfer...
February 22, 2012
Med's Request
August 1 2013
Med's Done....
August 7 2013
Passport Req..
March 6 2014
VISA ISSUED...
march 24 2014
LANDED..........
April 1st 2014
lemans207 said:
you can take cash as much as u want but youll not pay tax even if u declare.
it was already mentioned in my post, thank you tho

Moon.82

Feb 24, 2012
Lmastory dear I will missing you...
just have a question do they give you with the passports the COPR paper! or just the passport stamped!!
thanks

Lmastory

May 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ - September 17 2009
AOR Received.
21-FEB-2010
File Transfer...
February 22, 2012
Med's Request
August 1 2013
Med's Done....
August 7 2013
Passport Req..
March 6 2014
VISA ISSUED...
march 24 2014
LANDED..........
April 1st 2014
initial said:
thanks .

is 10000 for every adult ? what if I have a child under 18 ?
the 10k is most likely as a single applicant and not per person in case of a family, I seen a funds table online couple of years back regarding family cases, will try to find it again to get you the answer.

Lmastory

May 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ - September 17 2009
AOR Received.
21-FEB-2010
File Transfer...
February 22, 2012
Med's Request
August 1 2013
Med's Done....
August 7 2013
Passport Req..
March 6 2014
VISA ISSUED...
march 24 2014
LANDED..........
April 1st 2014
Moon.82 said:
Lmastory dear I will missing you...
just have a question do they give you with the passports the COPR paper! or just the passport stamped!!
thanks
Moony , no I didnt get a COPR paper , all i got was the printed email back, PPR papers, Landing Papers and outdated instructions papers.

I wish you a safe trip dear and keep checking this forum :)

Moon.82

Feb 24, 2012
Lmastory said:
Moony , no I didnt get a COPR paper , all i got was the printed email back, PPR papers, Landing Papers and outdated instructions papers.

I wish you a safe trip dear and keep checking this forum :)
I still didn't received anything! I called VFS and they told me to call Monday morning they think I will pick my passport on Monday ::)
so nothing stamped on the passports?!! just paper Landing papers..! I thought that we will have a stamp on our passports?!

alinec

Aug 9, 2012
lebanon
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
2010 from damascus
Med's Request
26 september 2011- remeds 25 february 2013
Med's Done....
remeds 8 march 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
1st request: november 2011 // second request: 26th july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
first issue january 2012- SECOND ISSUE 22 AUGUST 2013
LANDED..........
13 October 2013
Lmastory said:
Thank you and i will stay in touch once i get settled
good question, there are 2 types of identification needed, Type A and Type B

in our case as new immigrants without a PPR card Type A will be our passport *you need to have the original on you alongside the copy*
the RBC certified Lawyer off www.martindale.com will need your original passport to verify who you are and then fill an RBC checklist form regarding the latter. thats why you should not do my mistake by sending the passport to the embassy first but then again worlwide a passport stamp is a 2 days process.

Type B identification in our case again , will have to be either of the following 1- Birth certificate or 2- Driver's license , any one you choose will have to undergo the local marathon to be certified,translated and stamped in a foreign language.

RBC Documents:

total of 4 forms: no need for a walkthrough on those , very basic fill-ins required.
suggestion: print them out and keep them blank , also keep copies on your USB stick for the day of your lawyer's appointment, he will most probably need them too in the process.

ask your lawyer for a witness certification letter (this is not listed) that should include his signature and his lawfirm's stamp/seal.

Time Frame estimation:

1- Certifications + translations = 2-5 days
2- Lawyer session = 2 hours max
3- DHL 5+- working days
4- RBC decision = 1 week

extra pointers:

- Make sure you reach an agreement point over the lawyer's fees BEFORE you initiate the session, in my Opinion 200$ should be the limit starting from 100$ as minimal. avoid being ripped off! with figures like 400$ or 500$ .

- send your passport to the embassy after being done with your lawyer's appointment AND having all the paperwork finalized.

- Book your plane ticket after sending your documents through DHL

N.B. the time frame in this process is crucial , make sure you organize well because it might prove to be costly if you get to a point where you will be forced to reschedule your flight , ticket penalty fee etc...
have a question.. i did already my landing and have the PR Card but didnt open the bank account since i thought better to do it when wer back but in case i want to open it before going back whats the different step?

thanks

Lmastory

May 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ - September 17 2009
AOR Received.
21-FEB-2010
File Transfer...
February 22, 2012
Med's Request
August 1 2013
Med's Done....
August 7 2013
Passport Req..
March 6 2014
VISA ISSUED...
march 24 2014
LANDED..........
April 1st 2014
Moon.82 said:
I still didn't received anything! I called VFS and they told me to call Monday morning they think I will pick my passport on Monday ::)
so nothing stamped on the passports?!! just paper Landing papers..! I thought that we will have a stamp on our passports?!
of course the passport is stamped dear