+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec applicants 2010(Damascus) waiting for medicals

initial

Feb 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
Hi everyone. Same as most in here. Began study of the file in 2010, file transferred to Beirut in Feb 2012. Now i see the processing time in Beirut is 36 months, does this mean from 2010 or from the day they transferred the file ?

Lmastory

May 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ - September 17 2009
AOR Received.
21-FEB-2010
File Transfer...
February 22, 2012
Med's Request
August 1 2013
Med's Done....
August 7 2013
Passport Req..
March 6 2014
VISA ISSUED...
march 24 2014
LANDED..........
April 1st 2014
initial said:
Hi everyone. Same as most in here. Began study of the file in 2010, file transferred to Beirut in Feb 2012. Now i see the processing time in Beirut is 36 months, does this mean from 2010 or from the day they transferred the file ?
I can answer you that with another question: do you play Russian roulette?

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thats more fun
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-parents.asp

In an interview with Jason Kenney

Q: We received many reports that the wait time to process spousal immigration applications has increased in recent months, particularly for applicants currently residing in Syria and other Middle Eastern countires. What is driving this backlog and is the government doing anything to address it?

A: We had to shut down our embassy in Syria. There's a war going on there, a civil war. We had to close our embassy and our immigration office, which was our main hub for the Middle Eastern region and we've had to move most of those employees up to Ankara (Turkey), some to Beirut (Lebanon). So we'll try to get on top of that, but because of the closure of our office, that's one of those unforeseen circumstances you can't really plan for.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/04/17/jason-kenney-huffington-post-canada-immigration_n_1432940.html

Lmastory said:
I can answer you that with another question: do you play Russian roulette?

Jet

Apr 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2009 for CSQ
AOR Received.
Jan 2010
Med's Done....
Nov 15 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Sep 25 2014
LANDED..........
Nov 15 2014
lemans207 said:
Thats more fun
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-parents.asp

In an interview with Jason Kenney

Q: We received many reports that the wait time to process spousal immigration applications has increased in recent months, particularly for applicants currently residing in Syria and other Middle Eastern countires. What is driving this backlog and is the government doing anything to address it?

A: We had to shut down our embassy in Syria. There's a war going on there, a civil war. We had to close our embassy and our immigration office, which was our main hub for the Middle Eastern region and we've had to move most of those employees up to Ankara (Turkey), some to Beirut (Lebanon). So we'll try to get on top of that, but because of the closure of our office, that's one of those unforeseen circumstances you can't really plan for.
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2012/04/17/jason-kenney-huffington-post-canada-immigration_n_1432940.html
the spousal immigration applications are getting visa anyway, and it is much more faster thatn us. look at the other thread it is the thread of happiness, it rains visas there..

Fadi.r2000

Star Member
Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Nov 2009
Med's Request
August 2013
Med's Done....
August 2013
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Jet said:
And don't forget to buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride full of blood, sweat, and tears. So grab some pills Cz you are going to need them and enjoy the journey, it's going to be a very long one. Be advised that you will Hear rumours from our beloved friends in the forum almost every week. So don't get any heart attacks if a member writes "Holly sh!t!! My friend at the embassy told me that they deleted our files and banned us from going to Canada!!" it is only a false alert. If you have a weak heart strong pills are preferrable. And a quick brief introduction to our friends. Lemans will tell you not to go and will advise you to go to Qatar to get rich and Canada is the worst place on earth. Ricoluna is like an immigration lawyer she knows everything, she is not charging money till now but she might start in the future :p. Moon is a sweetheart, and Anthony remembers us once per month and drops to say hello. YMA made the Medicals a year ago and still waiting for her visa. I think they forgot about her or something (just kidding). Randski is our hero and hope, she was the first one to get a visa in our thread of misery, I am still reminding her that I'm single :D. and the old wise Lmastory who is the godfather of the forum. And finally me at your service.

Ps: sorry if I forgot anyone
Hey ... hello .... I'm here ... ;)

You forgot me!!... I'm at the first line from the friends of misery.. ;D ,, I just passed the 38 months of F**** waiting !!!

by the way each and every month I have a hope to post something positive ,,, but unfortunately nothing positive but rumors ,,, so that why I'm not posting anything. ....

hey buddies .... please Pray for me because once I pass ; all of you will pass directly .,,, ;D

cheers

Zilar

Star Member
Feb 15, 2013
Jet said:
And don't forget to buckle up, it's going to be a bumpy ride full of blood, sweat, and tears. So grab some pills Cz you are going to need them and enjoy the journey, it's going to be a very long one. Be advised that you will Hear rumours from our beloved friends in the forum almost every week. So don't get any heart attacks if a member writes "Holly sh!t!! My friend at the embassy told me that they deleted our files and banned us from going to Canada!!" it is only a false alert. If you have a weak heart strong pills are preferrable. And a quick brief introduction to our friends. Lemans will tell you not to go and will advise you to go to Qatar to get rich and Canada is the worst place on earth. Ricoluna is like an immigration lawyer she knows everything, she is not charging money till now but she might start in the future :p. Moon is a sweetheart, and Anthony remembers us once per month and drops to say hello. YMA made the Medicals a year ago and still waiting for her visa. I think they forgot about her or something (just kidding). Randski is our hero and hope, she was the first one to get a visa in our thread of misery, I am still reminding her that I'm single :D. and the old wise Lmastory who is the godfather of the forum. And finally me at your service.

Ps: sorry if I forgot anyone

..thanks a lot Jet to present me the members of this forum:), it appear a real virtual friendship do exist among the members of this forum..and who knows.....may be one day w'll have a real meeting there in Montreal around some table,in some cafe' , and surely will have a real smile remembering this forum & its facts and the league of the exceptional persons it gather : "lmastory : the wise god father, moon : the sweet heart, randaski : the first hero, ricoluna : the immigration lawyer .....and jet : the friendship builder "

Moon.82

Feb 24, 2012
Zilar said:
..thanks a lot Jet to present me the members of this forum:), it appear a real virtual friendship do exist among the members of this forum..and who knows.....may be one day w'll have a real meeting there in Montreal around some table,in some cafe' , and surely will have a real smile remembering this forum & its facts and the league of the exceptional persons it gather : "lmastory : the wise god father, moon : the sweet heart, randaski : the first hero, ricoluna : the immigration lawyer .....and jet : the friendship builder "

I Like that :)

Lmastory

May 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ - September 17 2009
AOR Received.
21-FEB-2010
File Transfer...
February 22, 2012
Med's Request
August 1 2013
Med's Done....
August 7 2013
Passport Req..
March 6 2014
VISA ISSUED...
march 24 2014
LANDED..........
April 1st 2014
the wise Godfather, that's a catchy one Jet, I just don't remember when I gave that impression lol

im_mimo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2012
initial hi
I'm in the same situation.
The processing time in Beirut is 36 months, does this mean from 2010 or from the day they transferred the file ???
Someone know any info??
thanks

dkeyrouz

Aug 24, 2011
man i will tell u somethng
nobody knows anything just pretending
all of us pretemding tha one day we wil be in canada
nobody is employee at thecanadian embassy
nobody knowa whats hapening in te embassy
fuck my life my third year waitng no medical no fuking shit

Lmastory

May 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ - September 17 2009
AOR Received.
21-FEB-2010
File Transfer...
February 22, 2012
Med's Request
August 1 2013
Med's Done....
August 7 2013
Passport Req..
March 6 2014
VISA ISSUED...
march 24 2014
LANDED..........
April 1st 2014
im_mimo said:
initial hi
The processing time in Beirut is 36 months, does this mean from 2010 or from the day they transferred the file ???
Someone know any info??
thanks
Dear Mimo, the 36 months are supposed to be counting down from the day your PR application is received, rather it resets to the transfer date, we really have no idea, grab a seat and keep checking in this thread for any passer by birds like the rest of us, this is the only way so far i noticed after all these years to get news regarding this process.

cheers,

mft25

May 13, 2012
Amman
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman - Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2010 2nd file 12-7-2012
Nomination.....
18-11-2011 short list email
AOR Received.
17-09-2010 2nd file 18-7-2012 with UCI number
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
04-03-2014 to Bucharest
Med's Request
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Interview........
04-07-2012 i got the CSQ
Passport Req..
20-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
3-07-2015
im_mimo said:
initial hi
Someone know any info??
thanks
Dear freinds
it is very clear that the waiting time is from the time of applying to federal. the transfer does not effect or reset waiting time. actually the transfer and closing damas office is the reason why it became 36 month othewise it would be less. the time of waiting 36 month actually comes from statistics indicates that 80% of the files processed last 12 month has waited this long . i know most of you guys are depressed but every day pass you should know that you are more close to the end. let us be more optimistic and look to the max time they give us as the end point. believe me it will not stay like that for long they gonna solve it soon and the time will become less and you will see
Regards

dignity3

Dec 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/ Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct- 2008
AOR Received.
sep-2008
Med's Request
1st/ march 2011 2/ feb- 2013
Med's Done....
1/3/2013
Passport Req..
23/09/2013
VISA ISSUED...
26/09/2013
LANDED..........
09/10/2013
Hi Guys
it's been a long time that I didn't post anything here...
I got an email 2 months ago to renew my informations and fill an application and submit it within 7 days, since that time I haven't got anything new.
I don't wanna frustrate anyone of you guys, but the weirdest thing that I got the federal number 54 months ago from Damascus( almost 5 years ago) and my application has not been finalized yet with no valuable incident that leads to this delay.....

wkassir81

Jul 14, 2012
hey guys,
finally i got the visa after 3 years and a half. i received an email stating that my application has reached a final stage. i live in saudi arabia. i traveled 10 days ago to lebanon and got the visa from canadian embassy in beirut. the officer told me that since long time we did not offer such type of visa ( quebec skilled worker). anyway if anyone has questions please feel free to ask me. tc