+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec and US experience to CEC

meowstarmeow

Feb 27, 2023
Hi

I plan to graduate from utoronto as unmarried 29years old Math PhD in April 2023. English Ietls 8777 for 2 years since 2023. My plan is to start working at Mcgill Montreal from May 2023 to end of June 2024. Then in July and August 2024, i hope to work at UofT postdoc, Then September 2023 to MIT at US for 2 years working. Is this enough to show my intention of leaving and living outside Quebec? Is this safe for CEC program?

Last edited:

Elliott18

Feb 1, 2023
It's possible that this could be enough to demonstrate your intention to live and work outside of Quebec and meet the requirements for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) program. However, it's important to carefully review the specific requirements of the CEC program and ensure that you meet all of the eligibility criteria. OneWalmart GTA Portal

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023
Hi

I plan to graduate from utoronto as unmarried 29years old Math PhD in April 2023. English Ietls 8777 for 2 years since 2023. My plan is to start working at Mcgill Montreal from May 2023 to end of June 2024. Then in July and August 2024, i hope to work at UofT postdoc, Then September 2023 to MIT at US for 2 years working. Is this enough to show my intention of leaving and living outside Quebec? Is this safe for CEC program?
I am just want to tell you something that may be your help I think based on the information provided, it seems that you have a well-planned career path after graduation. However, whether this is enough to show your intention of leaving and living outside Quebec for the purposes of the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) program will depend on various factors.

The CEC program is designed for individuals who have gained work experience in Canada and wish to apply for permanent residency. To qualify for the program, you need to meet certain requirements, including having at least one year of skilled work experience in Canada within the past three years, among other things.

Regarding your intention to leave and live outside Quebec, it's essential to note that the CEC program is a federal program, and your work experience does not have to be limited to Quebec. Therefore, your plan to work in Montreal and then move to other provinces for postdoc positions should not be a problem.

However, it's essential to demonstrate your intention to leave and live outside Quebec after you complete your work experience in Canada. Factors such as your ties to Quebec, such as family, friends, and other social or economic connections, may be considered when determining your intention to leave the province. Your future job prospects and career goals may also be relevant.

It's also important to note that the CEC program is highly competitive, and meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance into the program. Therefore, it's advisable to consult with a licensed immigration consultant or lawyer to help you navigate the application process and ensure that your application meets all the requirements.