Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dsader said:
Thank you ThunderBird11,
As you said I have no choice.
Good luck with getting your interview call.

Cheers.
dsader,soon youll be called with 6 months for sure ;)
when on march you sent ur file

Patientman

Star Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
File to Quebec: 1111 - File to CIC: 1112
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Quebec: 30-10-2010 / CIC: 4-11-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 14-10-2013
AOR Received.
CIC - 17-12-2013
Med's Request
6-2014
Med's Done....
25-7-2014
Hey guys,

I am preparing for my interview in October and so updating my application for selection certificate. I have the following questions:
1- In the interview, will they have a copy of my old application, the one I submitted in 2010? Meaning, will they compare the one I bring to the interview with the one I submitted initially in 2010?
2- Apologies big times, but I still don't understand the importance of having the interview in French if points on French are only granted based on your language score!! I have B1 on TCF ... what difference would it make if I have the interview in English or French if that will not affect the points I earn on language? Anyone has a reasonable answer?

Also, can anyone provide me with a link that I can calculate the points that I could earn during the interview based on my skills & qualifications? I need a clear non-complicated link if possible!

Friends, it has been such a long journey & the CSQ is THE milestone to go - good luck to all Oct/Nov interviewees!

Cheers,
Patient

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Patientman said:
Hey guys,

I am preparing for my interview in October and so updating my application for selection certificate. I have the following questions:
1- In the interview, will they have a copy of my old application, the one I submitted in 2010? Meaning, will they compare the one I bring to the interview with the one I submitted initially in 2010?
2- Apologies big times, but I still don't understand the importance of having the interview in French if points on French are only granted based on your language score!! I have B1 on TCF ... what difference would it make if I have the interview in English or French if that will not affect the points I earn on language? Anyone has a reasonable answer?

Also, can anyone provide me with a link that I can calculate the points that I could earn during the interview based on my skills & qualifications? I need a clear non-complicated link if possible!

Friends, it has been such a long journey & the CSQ is THE milestone to go - good luck to all Oct/Nov interviewees!

Cheers,
Patient
speaking french will only help you get some adaptability points as this will make him feel you are fully adapted, there is a saying that says :

it is not what you say, it is how you say it.

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Patientman said:
Hey guys,
Cheers,
Patient
As I said, you didnt read my posted interview, the office has all you data of your previous application on his laptop and he will compare new data with old data, in my previous CF application i put 5000$ and in new i put much more, he compared and told me you saved lot of money why you want to immigrate, in Quebec impossible to save this amount ;)

All the interview in french, he will never talk any word in english, interviews are so long single around 90 minutes and married more than 2 hours.

guys prepare very well, they are strict and wants best of the best.

if your single and ur points 53 or married and you points 61, you must prepare hard, coz he can give you only 1 point adaptability,
sometimes he gives ppl chance and ask them to make ILETS again and they send CSQ after 2-3 months

mft25

May 13, 2012
Amman
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman - Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2010 2nd file 12-7-2012
Nomination.....
18-11-2011 short list email
AOR Received.
17-09-2010 2nd file 18-7-2012 with UCI number
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
04-03-2014 to Bucharest
Med's Request
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Interview........
04-07-2012 i got the CSQ
Passport Req..
20-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
3-07-2015
Patientman said:
Hey guys,

Cheers,
Patient
1- yes the officer will have your file and all papers which you submit before in my case they compared
2- they want to make sure that you worked hard on your french and you are on the same level as the cirtificate says . may be it is old and you did not practice french so your language level reduced then it is the officer who decide if he will give you the score specially that in 2010 the language proof was not mandatory .
Up to an additional 6 points may be awarded upon the interview for Adaptability . i advise you to forget about any calculation for your point at this point because it is meaningless just prepare your self and refresh your french take some private lessons to practice french speaking practice how to answer the question list of interview in french and everything will be fine
Regards and goodluck

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mft25 yes i forgot to tell him, he can take private lessons with any french teacher, to practice interview questions, will be more than enough

Patientman

Star Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
CSQ 14-10-2013
AOR Received.
CIC - 17-12-2013
Med's Request
6-2014
Med's Done....
25-7-2014
Thanks Guys!
Lemans, blame my memory ... besides this Canada matter, I am involved in a million matter... being a consultant alone keep you 150% busy!

Funny that the application I submitted in 2010 was in English ... Now with the updated one, I am going to submit it in French .. I bet that he'll be lost lol

Also, funny, my money did not increase since 2010 ........... well ... i bought a property in Lebanon, which of course i won't reveal ... but he may ask me i guess how come you didn't save anything knowing that your salary is high !!! I think i'll tell him that I spent all the money on a big wedding & sweEt honeymoon since I got married last year ;)

Oh man ... a lot to prepare ...

Cheers,
I'll continue filling and gathering the documents ...

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Patientman said:
Thanks Guys!
Lemans, blame my memory ... besides this Canada matter, I am involved in a million matter... being a consultant alone keep you 150% busy!

Funny that the application I submitted in 2010 was in English ... Now with the updated one, I am going to submit it in French .. I bet that he'll be lost lol

Also, funny, my money did not increase since 2010 ........... well ... i bought a property in Lebanon, which of course i won't reveal ... but he may ask me i guess how come you didn't save anything knowing that your salary is high !!! I think i'll tell him that I spent all the money on a big wedding & sweEt honeymoon since I got married last year ;)

fill it in english not a matter, about the application, we said the interview will be french.
Tell him you bought house in lebanon and one you move to Quebec you will sell it and buy appartment there, your finance, be smart, tell him i prefered to buy appartment in lebanon to invest the money, because money loose its value.

dont lie, i told you he knew the address when I am living in uae hehehe, officers are well trained and so smart, probably they accepted you once your called for interview but you have to show your interest to quebec, tell him we are francophone and i like life in francophone city more than anglophone, they know that about lebanese.

do u have kids? how old? in school? english or french education, this is disadvantage if english, because all free schools in quebec french, and english are private 10,000$+ so try to manage it
Cheers,

Patientman

Star Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
CSQ 14-10-2013
AOR Received.
CIC - 17-12-2013
Med's Request
6-2014
Med's Done....
25-7-2014
no kids .... we'll tell him that we're waiting to get to Quebec so we establish our family there ...

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Patientman said:
no kids .... we'll tell him that we're waiting to get to Quebec so we establish our family there ...
if you need anything call me im ready ;)

mft25

May 13, 2012
Amman
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman - Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2010 2nd file 12-7-2012
Nomination.....
18-11-2011 short list email
AOR Received.
17-09-2010 2nd file 18-7-2012 with UCI number
IELTS Request
sent with file
File Transfer...
04-03-2014 to Bucharest
Med's Request
03-03-2015
Med's Done....
04-03-2015
Interview........
04-07-2012 i got the CSQ
Passport Req..
20-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2015
LANDED..........
3-07-2015
Patientman said:
Thanks Guys!

Cheers,
hi
first of all the officer will not ask and does not care about your bank detalis this is for sure . even now do not put higher number than before put the same amount only they want you to have enough money to support you self and your family for the at least three months . 10000$ will be fine.
regarding the applications that you will fill again in my case the officer did not ask for them just the old application and he was checking it so you should remember what your wrote there that is it . the most important part is you bring the comany's salaries slips with you search for jobs -houses-schools in french prepare french cv and voi la.

dsader

Dec 29, 2010
Beirut
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2011
AOR Received.
13-07-2011
lemans207 said:
dsader,soon youll be called with 6 months for sure ;)
when on march you sent ur file
Hi lemans,

I have applied on 13 march 2011.

batlimos_85

May 29, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
People I HAVE RECEIVED THE INTERVIEW EMAIL FINALLY!! after three year from application and 8 month on the waiting list they sent me my interview date it will be in Istanbul on the 6 of November. i thought i will never live to see that day coming lol

georgess

Star Member
Nov 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-DAMAS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-SEP-2011
Nomination.....
20-SEP-2012
IELTS Request
WITHOUT
Med's Done....
22-Oct-2013
Interview........
22-NOV-2012 -- CSQ RECEIVED 17-APR-2013
LANDED..........
one day
alf mabrouk ya chaabeb walla l hay2a 3ej2a b octobre w november 3ala forum yalla 7addro mni7 it is your big day and then no more chance :) aham chi l documents ma ykouno na2sin w ma 7ada yensa chhedeto bl bayt :p good luck

Patientman

Star Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nomination.....
CSQ 14-10-2013
AOR Received.
CIC - 17-12-2013
Med's Request
6-2014
Med's Done....
25-7-2014
Hey guys, while preparing for the interview, I am in the process of calculating my points just to see where I currently stand. Whereas I was able to calculate everything else, I was unable to determine how many points I will earn on French & English...

Can someone confirm to me please that the tables showed on the following website are correct/reasonable?

http://www.canadianimmigration.net/immigrate-to-canada/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration-language-requirement.html#.UhmxMT8peM0

Cheers,
Patient