File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
hussen said:
Hey everyone,

A quick question: where do they conduct interviews for Damascus BIQ applicants?

I would appreciate answers from everyone.

Thanks!
Hussen, u can check this link....each 3 month u can check where interviews take place for each part of the world.As u will observe Middle East interviews are in Turkey (for majority of Middle East ), Egypt(for Egyptians) and Israel (maybe for Cyprus only).
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/Programmation-missions-travailleurs-lieu.pdf

Regards,

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of gathering all documents and almost there but I have a concern about the studies and training part.

The website (http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/damascus/dcs-workers/list-documents.html) says under section 6 that we need to submit the following:

• The copies certified as true to the originals by the issuing educational institutions of all diplomas and certificates (excluding those pertaining to primary studies) arranged and stapled in descending chronological order;
  • The certified true copy of the translation of the diploma, if the original does not exist in French or English;

• The copies certified as true to the originals by the issuing educational institutions of all transcripts for the final year of each level of studies (secondary, postsecondary or university);
  • The certified true copy of the translation of the academic transcript, if the original does not exist in French or English.

So my question is: Can I submit just a photocopy of these diplomas and transcripts until I manage to get the certified copies as true to the originals from the universities ??

What have you done guys? I need your experience on this please ...

Osama

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
D1=10-AUG-2010; D2= 30-MAY-2012
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
Interview 22 MAY 2012 Istanbul CSQ RECEIVED
AOR Received.
D1 05.10.2010 / D2 06.06.2012
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
OsamaR said:
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of gathering all documents and almost there but I have a concern about the studies and training part.

The website (http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/damascus/dcs-workers/list-documents.html) says under section 6 that we need to submit the following:

• The copies certified as true to the originals by the issuing educational institutions of all diplomas and certificates (excluding those pertaining to primary studies) arranged and stapled in descending chronological order;
  • The certified true copy of the translation of the diploma, if the original does not exist in French or English;

• The copies certified as true to the originals by the issuing educational institutions of all transcripts for the final year of each level of studies (secondary, postsecondary or university);
  • The certified true copy of the translation of the academic transcript, if the original does not exist in French or English.

So my question is: Can I submit just a photocopy of these diplomas and transcripts until I manage to get the certified copies as true to the originals from the universities ??

What have you done guys? I need your experience on this please ...

Osama
Hello Ousama,
In my case....i hadn't first my university diploma couse after u finish and have ur final exams if u pass u need 1 year in order to receive ur diploma, so they gave me from university a certificate in which was mentioned that i finish all my studies and i pass all the exams and that this will be valid for 1 year until my diploma will be ready. I sent them this original translated.after i received my diploma after one year i made a copy of it and have it stamped by the embassy of my country (as true to the original the stamp says)...i translated and sent it. My High School diploma was a normal copy uncertified. The lawyer told me that they will check the originals during the interview.

In ur case..if u live in the same country where u have finish ur studies, certify the copies from a notary, if not from the embassy of the country that delivered u the diploma.Is better to send them from the beggining.
I had no problems in my case that i described above.
Best Regards

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
RICOLUNA said:
Hello Ousama,
In my case....i hadn't first my university diploma couse after u finish and have ur final exams if u pass u need 1 year in order to receive ur diploma, so they gave me from university a certificate in which was mentioned that i finish all my studies and i pass all the exams and that this will be valid for 1 year until my diploma will be ready. I sent them this original translated.after i received my diploma after one year i made a copy of it and have it stamped by the embassy of my country (as true to the original the stamp says)...i translated and sent it. My High School diploma was a normal copy uncertified. The lawyer told me that they will check the originals during the interview.

In ur case..if u live in the same country where u have finish ur studies, certify the copies from a notary, if not from the embassy of the country that delivered u the diploma.Is better to send them from the beggining.
I had no problems in my case that i described above.
Best Regards
thanks a lot RICOLUNA for the feedback..

hussen

Aug 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RICOLUNA said:
Hussen, u can check this link....each 3 month u can check where interviews take place for each part of the world.As u will observe Middle East interviews are in Turkey (for majority of Middle East ), Egypt(for Egyptians) and Israel (maybe for Cyprus only).
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/Programmation-missions-travailleurs-lieu.pdf

Regards,

Thanks mate, +1 ;)

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
shahryarg said:
hie guys

any one here from 2010 who has recieved his medical ( non demand) ??

thx

shahryar
Medicals????This is a dream till now....we are waiting all to be called for an interview ;D
THERE ARE SOME FRIENDS HERE : KIA, ANTHONY...they are waiting for medicals but nothing yet.

Lmastory

May 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ - September 17 2009
AOR Received.
21-FEB-2010
File Transfer...
February 22, 2012
Med's Request
August 1 2013
Med's Done....
August 7 2013
Passport Req..
March 6 2014
VISA ISSUED...
march 24 2014
LANDED..........
April 1st 2014
no medicals yet to answer your question, i think that the Sanctions Canada declared on Syria has an effect on that, we just have to wait till the troubles are over

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
I think there is some problem for Canadian embassy in Syria that they are not issuing your Medicals. Check out this link:

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20111014/ottawa-urges-canadians-to-leave-syria-111014/#ixzz1bAMpPrtx

Good luck

anthonylb

Apr 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RICOLUNA said:
Hello Anthony....long time we did not hear from you.....u have around 10 month now u applied for federal part right??? Let us know when u receive ur medical request...Ur federal application was sent to Damascus right? What is ur lawyer saying..they moved also the files proceed by federal?
Ricoluna!

true, long time no see :p...

actually it has been 6 months since my application to Damascus for the federal part ... As for now, I am just waiting my medical tests and i think, hopefully not, the period of waiting will be more than 20 months due to the political syrian situation, there are many people in this thread like Lmastory who passed the 20 months of waiting... As much as I am informed, many and many files were transferred to Montreal and Warsaw office..., and no idea about mine.
My lawyer said, that he visits the embassy a week ago and he was very surprised about the quantity of application received for immigration...and they are working with the minimum of employees.

So no other choices, we have to wait and wish that miserable syrian situation will have end soon...

Rico! congrats again, the CSQ is a step away from you...!! youll do fine with interviewer, dont worry!

Anthony

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
anthonylb said:
Ricoluna!

true, long time no see :p...

actually it has been 6 months since my application to Damascus for the federal part ... As for now, I am just waiting my medical tests and i think, hopefully not, the period of waiting will be more than 20 months due to the political syrian situation, there are many people in this thread like Lmastory who passed the 20 months of waiting... As much as I am informed, many and many files were transferred to Montreal and Warsaw office..., and no idea about mine.
My lawyer said, that he visits the embassy a week ago and he was very surprised about the quantity of application received for immigration...and they are working with the minimum of employees.

So no other choices, we have to wait and wish that miserable syrian situation will have end soon...

Rico! congrats again, the CSQ is a step away from you...!! youll do fine with interviewer, dont worry!

Anthony
Thanks Anthony,.....i am still on the waiting list for interviews, but i know there is close my CSQ :) i am optimist
I've heard also about files that were transferred to Warsow, i don't get the relation between the situation in Syria and the embassy's work, as they did with Quebec files to be processed from Montreal, the can do the same with the federal files......
Do u know if i can ask them to change my file to other location before i sent the second dossier ?? I mean i am also romanian, can i ask them to transfer my file in my country of origin???? I asked my lawyer long ago, he told me...aaa no u have no reason to do this,,,,but i see that in my country they wait 8-9 month and the receive the medicals......s that's a strong reason to transfer it...
Let's see ..and good luck for u all

anthonylb

Apr 14, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RICOLUNA said:
Thanks Anthony,.....i am still on the waiting list for interviews, but i know there is close my CSQ :) i am optimist
I've heard also about files that were transferred to Warsow, i don't get the relation between the situation in Syria and the embassy's work, as they did with Quebec files to be processed from Montreal, the can do the same with the federal files......
Do u know if i can ask them to change my file to other location before i sent the second dossier ?? I mean i am also romanian, can i ask them to transfer my file in my country of origin???? I asked my lawyer long ago, he told me...aaa no u have no reason to do this,,,,but i see that in my country they wait 8-9 month and the receive the medicals......s that's a strong reason to transfer it...
Let's see ..and good luck for u all
Ricoluna,

About files transfer, ur lawyer is right and actually you have the full reason : "bad syrian situation"
But i urge you to refer to your lawyer to do the necessary to help you out and solve the problem.

Anthony

RICOLUNA

Mar 7, 2011
BEIRUT
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
NOTHING
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
SENT TCF QUEBEC (C1/B2)
File Transfer...
Bucharest
Med's Request
17 September 2013
Med's Done....
23 September 2013
anthonylb said:
Ricoluna,

About files transfer, ur lawyer is right and actually you have the full reason : "bad syrian situation"
But i urge you to refer to your lawyer to do the necessary to help you out and solve the problem.

Anthony
Anthony but i've heard that now the second file is to be sent to Abu Dhabi and proceeded from there.....so no more files are sent in Damascus...is that true? If not than i will ask my lawyer to proceed my second file somewhere else if it is possible.
Regards, have a nice week end

Bachar

Sep 12, 2011
Hello,

I need a help from anybody applied after Feb. 2011, coz there is a new question in the new application form
8.1 Are any of the diplomas entered nder Question 8 Quebec diplomas or their Equvilant and found among these choices:
and since my diploma is not Canadian or French one, what should I choose in this question? can I get you advise?

Lmastory

May 10, 2011
Visa Office......
Bucharest
Nomination.....
CSQ - September 17 2009
AOR Received.
21-FEB-2010
File Transfer...
February 22, 2012
Med's Request
August 1 2013
Med's Done....
August 7 2013
Passport Req..
March 6 2014
VISA ISSUED...
march 24 2014
LANDED..........
April 1st 2014
RICOLUNA said:
Anthony but i've heard that now the second file is to be sent to Abu Dhabi and proceeded from there.....so no more files are sent in Damascus...is that true? If not than i will ask my lawyer to proceed my second file somewhere else if it is possible.
Regards, have a nice week end

well if that's the case i would suggest transfer/apply via the embassy in Egypt but there has been turmoils recently there too so since no one can tell the future Abu Dhabi sounds like a stable place to send your application to (20 months), although Cairo for now states much less months as total process time which is quiet tempting but you never know how things will develop while your application is there and in process, so far these are the 2 options for new applicants; regarding the applications of ppl of 18 months and up? would be nice to know their location and if they are going to be transferred or if they are lost. my lawyer has no answers to any of those questions.