+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine Plan Question (Hotel, Pets)

Yoraee

Apr 26, 2017
Hi All! I hope you can help me with my queries.

I'm permanently moving to Canada in September. I plan to book an airport hotel room and stay there for the 14 days mandatory quarantine. I'll be bringing with me some non-perishable foods as well as will rely on the hotel keeping food at my door.

I will be bringing my cat with me and he will stay in my room as well. I will be bringing all his supplies with me.

My questions are:

• Is there a particular hotel standard that is required by the government? The hotel I booked is quite basic but has all room facilities to be expected for a hotel.
  • Are there any rules for quarantining with pets?

Reactions: jaffaral

Yoraee

Apr 26, 2017
Thank you for this information. I never would have thought cat foot is regulated! Will have to check with my pet relocation company to see if they can help with accepted brands.

So for non-perishable foods, things like canned beans or canned corn beef are not allowed?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you for this information. I never would have thought cat foot is regulated! Will have to check with my pet relocation company to see if they can help with accepted brands.

So for non-perishable foods, things like canned beans or canned corn beef are not allowed?
They used to be not allowed, but now you cannot go over the limit. For details:

https://www.inspection.gc.ca/food-safety-for-industry/information-for-consumers/travellers/eng/1389630031549/1389630282362

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
With food products whether for human or animal consumption always best to declare rather than simply assume based on interpretation of the guidelines. Leave it to CBSA to decide what is allowed or not and just because it is cat food for example it is still a food product regardless who is eating it