+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QSW 2013 APPLICANTS,LETS NETWORK N SHARE TIMELINES!

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
seesamad said:
Dear Bro, I have MBA Degree (16.5 yrs education) plus ACCA (3yrs education) and my total yeas of education becames 18/19 yrs. will QSW considered for dual degrees . Moreover, whats an overall IELTS band is required for Quebec as I have no skill in French ? May I eligible ???
Since you have more than 17 years of study you'll get 12 points for education which is the maximum. Having a double major won't affect your application in any case. I also had 2 BS and an MS and received a CSQ very fast. Don't worry about that. The minimum points for languages are awarded for both english and french beginning from advanced intermediate level. Dave Cohen's website is really good for clarification of language points.

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
seesamad said:
Great thanks Raistlim, actually I did at official site of Quebec and it says yes I am eligible. Actually, problem with official govt site is that its brief and you can add additional qualifications, moreover it doesn't have country UK in the list who awarded me ACCA degree. strange ??? Moreover I did MBA from Pakistan in 2003 and QSW policy (states that graduation in last 5 years) but automated form of govt of quebec for eligibility assessment doesn't address these things.

Thanks

That's great! At least you already know that you have already reached the minimum passmark and can work your way up from there. Furthermore, your additional qualifications will work in your favor when the reviewer or the interviewer looks at your file. I don't know if this will help, but it might give you additional insights as well, if Cohen's site is not working for you. http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=fr&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=hu&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca%2FdynamicSearch%2Ftelecharge.php%3Ftype%3D7%26file%3DGPI-3-1.pdf&act=url. Other agencies also have online points calculator that you can use. Many agencies will answer your email questions with regards to your eligibility, and some might even answer how many points you get. Perhaps it's worth a try to let yourself be assessed by them. It's free, anyway, and you don't have to sign up for them afterwards.

Also, with regards to your additional degrees, my agency told me that Immigration will officially consider (meaning, I get points) only on that which gives me the highest number of points in tandem with the Area of Training list and my years of Work Experience. So, let's say I have an Associate of Applied Sciences in XX (10 points) and Area of Training in XX (12 points) and Work Experience of 3 years in XX (6 points), total of 28 points. Whereas, I also have a Bachelor of Science in YY (12) and Area of Training in YY (0 since Quebec doesn't recognize a foreign degree in this particular field) and Work Experience of 1 year in YY (1? point), so I just get 13 points even if B.S. degree is higher and is an addition to my other degree. However, these additional degrees might mean something positive to the interviewer because that means that I am more versatile and can work on other fields, ergo, higher chance of successfully integrating into Quebec society. This can mean adaptability points for me during the interview. :)

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
Dear preferred,
I am highly pleased to have read your thread which I have always found inspiring even there arise hard times while posting queries.unfortunately,It is so tough for me to have internet access these days.Anyways,I will be in touch with you all.
subash

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
Subash said:
Dear preferred,
I am highly pleased to have read your thread which I have always found inspiring even there arise hard times while posting queries.unfortunately,It is so tough for me to have internet access these days.Anyways,I will be in touch with you all.
subash
Hiiiiiiii Subash, good to read from you. Do not worry, all will be well. When u get to Quebec, you will pay me for all the comments that I posted that you found inspiring. I do not charge much, just 1365 CAD per word. ;)

Nikusa

Jul 25, 2013
Guys..need your advice on situation where i did my education under NOC 2017 but had work experience under NOC 2173!!

(1) Education : Bachelors in Computer Engineering (Bach 4years completed 2009 in USA) ==> 10 points
(2) Work Experience: Job Title- Software Engineer (October 2010-Dec 2011 in USA) ==> 4 points
(3) Area of Training ==> 12 points (under new rules!)

Do i qualify for total of (10 + 4 + 12) points even though i did my education in computer engineering (NOC 2174) but my job title was software engineer (NOC 2173)??

In other words, do i miss out on any points because of difference between degree in computer engineering and job title as software engineer?

Thanks in advance for your advice! :)

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
Preferred said:
Hiiiiiiii Subash, good to read from you. Do not worry, all will be well. When u get to Quebec, you will pay me for all the comments that I posted that you found inspiring. I do not charge much, just 1365 CAD per word. ;)
Tax and service fees should be included as well, 20% each ;D

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
Nikusa said:
Guys..need your advice on situation where i did my education under NOC 2017 but had work experience under NOC 2173!!

(1) Education : Bachelors in Computer Engineering (Bach 4years completed 2009 in USA) ==> 10 points
(2) Work Experience: Job Title- Software Engineer (October 2010-Dec 2011 in USA) ==> 4 points
(3) Area of Training ==> 12 points (under new rules!)

Do i qualify for total of (10 + 4 + 12) points even though i did my education in computer engineering (NOC 2174) but my job title was software engineer (NOC 2173)??

In other words, do i miss out on any points because of difference between degree in computer engineering and job title as software engineer?

Thanks in advance for your advice! :)
You don't miss out points under old rules for sure as long as occupation is included in the NOC. I suppose that new rules treat that case in the same way. The only thing is that if you happen to attend an interview such a question most like will arise and you need to clarify why the degree title doesn't match exactly with the occupation.

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
Hi All,

If the principal applicant has no point for AOT but the spouse has 2 points, do you think the application will be assessed? The principal applicant has B2 in oral french while the spouse applicant has A1/A2. If the spouse applicant applies as principal, the points will be 6 marks for his MBA. But the B2 in French point would have reduced for the erstwhile principal applicant. What do you suggest? Both spouse and principal hold masters degree and have more than 8 yrs work experience.

Suggestions please....

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
Preferred said:
Hi All,

If the principal applicant has no point for AOT but the spouse has 2 points, do you think the application will be assessed? The principal applicant has B2 in oral french while the spouse applicant has A1/A2. If the spouse applicant applies as principal, the points will be 6 marks for his MBA. But the B2 in French point would have reduced for the erstwhile principal applicant. What do you suggest? Both spouse and principal hold masters degree and have more than 8 yrs work experience.

Suggestions please....

I think that unless you have very high scores already (like maybe high 70's) without points for AOT (as in the case of the principal) or minimal points for AOT (if the spouse becomes the principal applicant), your file will be shoved at the bottom of the pile. In my opinion, the AOT is basically the main reason why Quebec is looking for people from outside their country; they need workers, and they need workers in those particular fields. But if such an application is submitted, I know that Immigration is supposed to review it and also see if the spouse can be made as the principal applicant if it turns out that it will benefit the applicant.

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
Preferred said:
Hi All,

Suggestions please....
The cutoff score for principal applicant's AOT is 6 under both new and old rules. If spouse has 2 points in the section "spouse characteristics" it means that she might be eligible for 6 points and it makes sense to apply having spouse as a principal applicant even if she doesn't have good french scores. Try to recalculate points based on that.

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
Ievgen said:
The cutoff score for principal applicant's AOT is 6 under both new and old rules. If spouse has 2 points in the section "spouse characteristics" it means that she might be eligible for 6 points and it makes sense to make her as a principal applicant even if she doesn't have points for french. Try to recalculate points based on that.
Thanks a million. If the spouse is swapped to be the principal, a minimum of 58 points without IELTS will be had, as it is now, the points are 62. Thanks, will request that the changes be made and IELTS taken

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
raistlin17phil said:
I think that unless you have very high scores already (like maybe high 70's) without points for AOT (as in the case of the principal) or minimal points for AOT (if the spouse becomes the principal applicant), your file will be shoved at the bottom of the pile. In my opinion, the AOT is basically the main reason why Quebec is looking for people from outside their country; they need workers, and they need workers in those particular fields. But if such an application is submitted, I know that Immigration is supposed to review it and also see if the spouse can be made as the principal applicant if it turns out that it will benefit the applicant.
Thanks a bunch. Appropriate changes will be made

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
Preferred said:
Thanks a million. If the spouse is swapped to be the principal, a minimum of 58 points without IELTS will be had, as it is now, the points are 62. Thanks, will request that the changes be made and IELTS taken
That's right. It's possible for spouse to reach B2 in a year if practiced on a regular day base, but if you do more than 6.0 on IELTS this won't be even needed :) Best of luck

Janki

Star Member
Sep 22, 2011
Gujarat
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2013
Nomination.....
Csq August 16
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
IELTS Request
not given
File Transfer...
Federal applied on 1st September got Aor 6th December 16
Med's Request
29th December 16
Med's Done....
2nd Jan 17
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
Waiting
Ievgen said:
That's right. It's possible for spouse to reach B2 in a year if practiced on a regular day base, but if you do more than 6.0 on IELTS this won't be even needed :) Best of luck
Hi Ievgen,

As you know I am MSC chemistry and as per new rules chemistry gives 6 points..As per new rules also I am scoring 57 but "Preliminary Evaluation for Immigration" given on the website says i m not eligible. why its so? My points calculations is below.
Education: 12 (Masters)
Training : 6 (Chemistry)
Work Experience 6 (3 Years)
Child: 8 (2 kids)
Finance 1
Spouse Age: 3
Education: 3 (Master)
Traning: 2 (MBA)
Total 57
So why online it says I am not eligible?