+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Q14. a) Have you held travel documents and/or passports during your five (5) year eligibility period?

beebop

Mar 4, 2021
Hi Experts,

I have one last query for my Citizenship Application, this one is related to Q.14 a) Have you held travel documents and/or passports during your five (5) year eligibility period?
The question further states:

• Tell us about all of your travel documents and/or passports covering your five (5) year eligibility period. If there were any gaps between passports please explain why in Table B
  • If you do not have a travel document or passport that was/is valid during your five year eligibility period or if there is a gap between your passports, please explain why here

My question is:
In the last 5 year period (2017 to 2021), I have two passports which fall in this duration:
  1. I have a passport which had a validity from 2009 to 2019 (this falls under my eligibility period, but the passport was cancelled in 2013 (Which is before my eligibility period) as the pages were over and a new passport was issued)
  2. New passport issued in 2013, validity from 2013 to 2023.
Do I have to provide details and copies of both the passports? or do I have to provide only for my present valid passport?
During my PR application in 2017, I had provided copies of both the passports.

I hope experts can throw some light on this matter.

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
Hi Experts,

I have one last query for my Citizenship Application, this one is related to Q.14 a) Have you held travel documents and/or passports during your five (5) year eligibility period?
The question further states:

• Tell us about all of your travel documents and/or passports covering your five (5) year eligibility period. If there were any gaps between passports please explain why in Table B
  • If you do not have a travel document or passport that was/is valid during your five year eligibility period or if there is a gap between your passports, please explain why here

My question is:
In the last 5 year period (2017 to 2021), I have two passports which fall in this duration:
  1. I have a passport which had a validity from 2009 to 2019 (this falls under my eligibility period, but the passport was cancelled in 2013 (Which is before my eligibility period) as the pages were over and a new passport was issued)
  2. New passport issued in 2013, validity from 2013 to 2023.
Do I have to provide details and copies of both the passports? or do I have to provide only for my present valid passport?
During my PR application in 2017, I had provided copies of both the passports.

I hope experts can throw some light on this matter.
Since the only passport which covers your 5-year eligibility period is the one issued in 2013, you only need to provide details of that passport.