+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Q13 Immigration Status - Can someone who has Middle East Residency Visa help?

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Thank you KRP... I will mention only eligibility period residency which is indian citizenship...

How come others are writing UAE residency still? The question says HAVE YOU EVER HAD....?
I too have been in the Gulf before moving to Canada.
I just mentioned Indian citizenship .
I got AOR next went IN PROCESS and yesterday received finger print request.
My opinion is they need only the eligibility period info since all our past details are in their system. The current form needs to be revised for Q13. They should clearly mention during eligibility period.
So no need to recite the entire Ramayana or Mahabharatha.

Reactions: Becksterd

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
My opinion is they need only the eligibility period info since all our past details are in their system. The current form needs to be revised for Q13. They should clearly mention during eligibility period.
Nice when did you apply for citizenship? how long after did you get AOR etc??

i agree these forms r so vague unlike PR or TRV etc those were specific and detailed....

mazamilam

Jan 26, 2015
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11/05/2015
Doc's Request.
23/07/2015
AOR Received.
11/05/2015
IELTS Request
Done 8.5
Med's Request
Upfront Medicals
Med's Done....
06-04-2015
Passport Req..
24/07/2015
VISA ISSUED...
04/08/2015
LANDED..........
23-08-2012
Do you mind sharing your timeline? I wrote PR status in another country, I have not received my test invitation yet. My case is in IP since Nov 14.
I applied in November 2017. My application has been in process since March 1st 2018. Waiting, just like you and countless other.

Patience is virtue.

simson toms

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Again for q13,
Do we still need to talk about the work visa we held for another country or are they specifically speaking about citizenship or permanent residency in another country.

I previously had worked in Saudi Arabia left my job while on vacation and didn’t do my exit process and the resident permit(iqama) had expired 4 years before .

Will that pose any problems as such .

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Again for q13,
Do we still need to talk about the work visa we held for another country or are they specifically speaking about citizenship or permanent residency in another country.

I previously had worked in Saudi Arabia left my job while on vacation and didn’t do my exit process and the resident permit(iqama) had expired 4 years before .

Will that pose any problems as such .
If you have the Saudi visa on your current passport and it is not cancelled then MAYBE you could be asked a few questions.
Be well prepared with all relevant documentations and answers.

simson toms

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Hi guys . I left Saudi 7 years back on exit/ renentry visa . Will it cause a problem during my citizenship application

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
Not sure if anyone is still here for this but I’m applying for citizenship and I had a uae residence visa issued from my dads business while I was studying full time in Canada so I could go home to visit the uae. Basically my dad hired me in his company as a sales manager and got me the residence visa. If I say that on a LOE with my citizenship application will that cause any trouble me for me?

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
Not sure if anyone is still here for this but I’m applying for citizenship and I had a uae residence visa issued from my dads business while I was studying full time in Canada so I could go home to visit the uae. Basically my dad hired me in his company as a sales manager and got me the residence visa. If I say that on a LOE with my citizenship application will that cause any trouble me for me?
It should n't cause any issues as far as you have LOE, as you cannot hide this information from CIC.

While you were a sales manager in UAE, have you been paid? And have you filed Foreign Income taxes for it here in Canada while you were maintaining a PR?

Aspiring Canadian

Nov 10, 2016
It should n't cause any issues as far as you have LOE, as you cannot hide this information from CIC.

While you were a sales manager in UAE, have you been paid? And have you filed Foreign Income taxes for it here in Canada while you were maintaining a PR?
This was before my PR. This was when I was a student in Canada on a study permit in university. Back in 2010-2014. I got PR after in 2017.

navid2014

Jul 9, 2014
This was before my PR. This was when I was a student in Canada on a study permit in university. Back in 2010-2014. I got PR after in 2017.
Look at the article below for Deemed resident of Canada section & also check with your tax guy to see if you need to file taxes for those years while you were a student to declare foreign income.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/international-non-residents/individuals-leaving-entering-canada-non-residents/international-students-studying-canada.html

Achilles23

Oct 12, 2023
Look at the article below for Deemed resident of Canada section & also check with your tax guy to see if you need to file taxes for those years while you were a student to declare foreign income.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/tax/international-non-residents/individuals-leaving-entering-canada-non-residents/international-students-studying-canada.html
Hello Members,

I am a Canadian Permanent Resident applying for a UAE Residence Permit to start a business in Dubai which is the same as the Canadian PR.

My question is,
1) Am I eligible to apply for a Residence permit in Dubai to start a business there while holding the Canadian PR?
2) I will also be applying for my Canadian Citizenship in 3 months, will the officer reject my application if I hold a resident visa for business in Dubai? I will still be living in Canada after my citizenship.
3)Will there be any complications during my citizenship processing? If not, What do I need to write to justify my visit in the Physical Presence Calculator and the application form where I need to show all the valid visas such as work/residence?
Please suggest to me If there is any legal issue in Canada or Dubai.
4) Can I hold both documents (Canadian PR and Emirates ID) at the same time?? or Should I delay my business plans in Dubai?
5) Also, I have been jobless for more than a year and a half will it impact my Canadian Citizenship application? I filled all the taxes even with zero income.

Please help me out or let me know whom to contact regarding my queries.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
@Achilles23 Canada doesn't care about your residence documents in other countries. You starting a process to get an Emirates visa shouldn't affect your Canadian citizenship application at all. Just make sure to list it in the relevant section.
Also, being employed is not a requirement for the citizenship application at all, IRCC mostly uses it as a separate mean to establish that people lived where they claim they lived, but that's it. If your physical presence is reported accurately, you'll be fine. Many people routinely get their citizenship application approved with no issues even if they've been unemployed for some of the 5 years period.

Reactions: Achilles23

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello Members,

I am a Canadian Permanent Resident applying for a UAE Residence Permit to start a business in Dubai which is the same as the Canadian PR.

My question is,
1) Am I eligible to apply for a Residence permit in Dubai to start a business there while holding the Canadian PR?
2) I will also be applying for my Canadian Citizenship in 3 months, will the officer reject my application if I hold a resident visa for business in Dubai? I will still be living in Canada after my citizenship.
3)Will there be any complications during my citizenship processing? If not, What do I need to write to justify my visit in the Physical Presence Calculator and the application form where I need to show all the valid visas such as work/residence?
Please suggest to me If there is any legal issue in Canada or Dubai.
4) Can I hold both documents (Canadian PR and Emirates ID) at the same time?? or Should I delay my business plans in Dubai?
5) Also, I have been jobless for more than a year and a half will it impact my Canadian Citizenship application? I filled all the taxes even with zero income.

Please help me out or let me know whom to contact regarding my queries.

Thanks.
-Yes
-No, as long as you meet the Residency requirements for Canadian citizenship
-You need to be in Canada 1095 days (i.e 3 yrs) out of 5 years
-No issues with either..
-No issues if you are unemployed. You need to provide in Canadian citizenship application that you have filed for taxes for the period you have lived in Canada

Last edited:
Reactions: Achilles23