+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Q 11 - home address or company address?

searing_heat

Jun 8, 2013
This is another one of those confusing questions. I don't know why they can't make it clear. The question asks .. "physically reside".. it could mean office address or home as it talks about where were you really residing. For example, if your employer was in Ottawa, but you were working remotely and living in Toronto, you would say Toronto (my opinion). Alternatively, you could be employed by a Canadian Company, but on a project overseas so you would technically be residing out of Canada.

I listed the office address, but also listed that i was living at the home addresses in question 10 during that period (in parenthesis). That should cover both scenarios.

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
IMO it should be the address where you physically worked out from. It probably accounts for the fact that these days some people rarely, if ever, work at their employer's location. So if your company is based out of the US but you work remote, you just write your home address.
For regular cases this will be your employer's work location.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I still think physically located means home address during that work/study period. This is so annoying
I totally agree that the ambiguity is annoying, but why would they ask for the home address TWICE in question 10 and question 11. That makes no sense.

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
I think i need to call them again for this silly question.

Kamran2015

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
This is just my guess: while they seem to have simplified many aspects of the application (though with some ambiguities) they have actually added this "physical location" and the "phone and email address of work" to the activities in Canada section. My guess is that they want to make sure that for the activity you were doing, you were actually in a Canadian city. As it is mentioned above, they are not even asking for a postal code, they just want the street number, name and the city plus country. It is stressing that you were doing your work from a Canadian location that they might verify.

Reactions: vasvas

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I feel it's work address, and that's what i put on my application. However, someone on another posted that an IRCC call center worker advised him it should be home address. Confusing ... probably doesn't matter as long as you were in a Canadian city ?

Last edited:

Whocares

Sep 20, 2010
well that is a very ambiguous comment about an ambiguous affair. :) which address do you mean?

Which address should we write - it says 'where were you physically located'?

I would say company address. Section 10 is for the home address.