+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
Bhernzie said:
Hi my son went to a private doctor for his xray just to be sure ..his xray is clear and no scar just like his last xray last 2015 .He was diagnose last 2014 with koch disease and took 6 month treatment.Will he undergo sputum exam ? He will have his medical exam in St lukes and Im a bit worried..and he was only given 30 days for medical exam..tia
If your son's x-Ray do not manifest any abnormalities, then referring him for further medical tests (sputum smear) will be based on his answers to the questions asked by panel physician. He will be asked if he was having history of PTB. It is advised to always disclose at panel physician any history of PTB and provide all documents related to diagnosis and treatment.

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
anirsomar said:
Does anybody from this forum had the same situation as my sister?
My sister had their medical exam at IOM last January 25, 2016 and they found on her xray a suspicious nodule
She undergo for 3 days sputum test last Feb1-3, 2016 and got a
Call from IOM last Feb.22, 2016 for her re-xray on April 26, but yesterday she got another call (April 4, 2016) from IOM for her to come to the Clinic on friday for the sputum result.. Were kinda nervous about it. Does anyone from this forum had the same situation.. ? Were hoping that she is negative from tb.
Thanks in advance for replies..
Hi

What is the outcome of your sister recent visit to clinic?

Bhernzie

Aug 19, 2013
IMGNSPNP said:
If your son's x-Ray do not manifest any abnormalities, then referring him for further medical tests (sputum smear) will be based on his answers to the questions asked by panel physician. He will be asked if he was having history of PTB. It is advised to always disclose at panel physician any history of PTB and provide all documents related to diagnosis and treatment.
thank you..

anirsomar

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
IMGNSPNP said:
Hi

What is the outcome of your sister recent visit to clinic?
Were all upset to what happened, but i guess theres always reason why It happened
The sputum culture was positive of a certain bacteria . But the doctor
said its a minimal bacteria thats not contageous. But still my sister has appointment on Tuesday at Makati Med to meet Dr. Ocampo a pulmonologist. The doctor from IOM mention that my sister will undergo to a treatment for 2months and then sputum test to check if the treatment healed the bacteria , if in 2 months theres still she has to continue another 2 months of treatment and then on the fourth month another sputum tests.. Then if it will turn negative then she will be cleared with that bacteria.. But when asked for how long will be the delay the doctor said approximately 8months.. It was so upsetting but the only way we can do is accept and be medicated

anirsomar

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
Anybody from this forum had the same situation? Pls we need some words of encouragement.. Coz my sister is loosing hope already that coming here in Canada is not their destiny.

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
anirsomar said:
Were all upset to what happened, but i guess theres always reason why It happened
The sputum culture was positive of a certain bacteria . But the doctor
said its a minimal bacteria thats not contageous. But still my sister has appointment on Tuesday at Makati Med to meet Dr. Ocampo a pulmonologist. The doctor from IOM mention that my sister will undergo to a treatment for 2months and then sputum test to check if the treatment healed the bacteria , if in 2 months theres still she has to continue another 2 months of treatment and then on the fourth month another sputum tests.. Then if it will turn negative then she will be cleared with that bacteria.. But when asked for how long will be the delay the doctor said approximately 8months.. It was so upsetting but the only way we can do is accept and be medicated
Sorry to hear that. Keep up the spirit, do not loose hope. The bacteria becomes so contagious if not diagnosed and treated on time, so atleast by dint of Canada visa it is exposed now. Be positive and whatever happened is for own good.

Serc

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec. 2014
Doc's Request.
19 May 2015
Nomination.....
PER: 17 March 2015
AOR Received.
SLU: 26 Aug.2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wth application
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016, medical furtherance done: 07-05-2016
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
Hi! Need some knowledge on what's going to happen next...my hubby's sputum culture result iss NEGATIVE. He was asked for rexray on May 6th. What if the rexray will be the same as the first one; having a scar on his lungs? What are they going to have the rexray for? Appreciate any answer on this...

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
Serc said:
Hi! Need some knowledge on what's going to happen next...my hubby's sputum culture result iss NEGATIVE. He was asked for rexray on May 6th. What if the rexray will be the same as the first one; having a scar on his lungs? What are they going to have the rexray for? Appreciate any answer on this...
Hi

The scar in the x-ray is due to many reasons and in many cases they are permanent and remain life long. Sputum smear culture is conducted to check if the scar is due to Mycobacterium Tuberculi (causative bacterium for TB). Your husband culture tests gave negative results which is a good news & nothing to worry about. On re-xray day the panel physician will check the size of scar to make sure its size remained same. If the Size increase it implies diseases spreading if its same then the scar is just a pleural thickening.

All the best.

Serc

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Dec. 2014
Doc's Request.
19 May 2015
Nomination.....
PER: 17 March 2015
AOR Received.
SLU: 26 Aug.2015
IELTS Request
Submitted wth application
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016, medical furtherance done: 07-05-2016
Passport Req..
13-05-2016
IMGNSPNP said:
Hi

The scar in the x-ray is due to many reasons and in many cases they are permanent and remain life long. Sputum smear culture is conducted to check if the scar is due to Mycobacterium Tuberculi (causative bacterium for TB). Your husband culture tests gave negative results which is a good news & nothing to worry about. On re-xray day the panel physician will check the size of scar to make sure its size remained same. If the Size increase it implies diseases spreading if its same then the scar is just a pleural thickening.

All the best.
Oh, what a relief to know...thanks so much for ur input. All the best too!

Canada0060

Star Member
Jul 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 november, 2014
Doc's Request.
22 october, 2014
AOR Received.
28 march, 2015
File Transfer...
February
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Hope not
Can anybody please tell if sputum report comes negative in how much time they issue visa

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
Canada0060 said:
Can anybody please tell if sputum report comes negative in how much time they issue visa
Once applicant successfully pass Medicals then the PPR depends on your background check. It may vary from person to person.

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
Hi

Any one recently visited panel physician for re-xray after 2 months sputum culture test? Please Kindly share your experience at the clinic on re-xray day.

Thank you

aldousclark

Mar 16, 2016
Hi everyone,

I have to do a sputum test next week because St. Lukes found abnormalities on my xray. I never had TB. This actually happened before when I had my medical exam for US way back 2013. My xray showed abnormalities but my sputum test were all negative. My question is can I submit a digital copy of my xray from 2013 and clsarance from a pulmonologist abd ask them to compare my xray results even they have scheduled me for a sputum test already? My classes will start on September 6 and I need to be in Canada before august 30 for my orientation. I dont know if I could get to Canada before August 30 because of this delay. Also, i did an upfront medical exam meaning I havent submitted my documents yet to the embassy. My other question is can I submit my application to the embassy even though im still waiting for my merical results? I have the emedical paper with me.

Thank you so much.

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
aldousclark said:
Hi everyone,

I have to do a sputum test next week because St. Lukes found abnormalities on my xray. I never had TB. This actually happened before when I had my medical exam for US way back 2013. My xray showed abnormalities but my sputum test were all negative. My question is can I submit a digital copy of my xray from 2013 and clsarance from a pulmonologist abd ask them to compare my xray results even they have scheduled me for a sputum test already? - If you haven't requested them to compare both then do it ASAP. On the other hand if you have had requested to compare but they denied and referred you for sputum test then we need to comply with the system and no other choice. My classes will start on September 6 and I need to be in Canada before august 30 for my orientation. I dont know if I could get to Canada before August 30 because of this delay. Also, i did an upfront medical exam meaning I havent submitted my documents yet to the embassy. My other question is can I submit my application to the embassy even though im still waiting for my merical results? I have the emedical paper with me. - submit your application including e-medical receipt,ask panel physician is it possible to make a report comparing your old and new x-rays and make a report instead of referring you for sputum tests again as you are running out of time. Fingers crossed.

Thank you so much.

aldousclark

Mar 16, 2016
Hi IMGNSPNP,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I've submitted my old xray films already and they compared it but they still asked me to do the sputum test. I told them that i have a clearance from a pulmonologist way back 2013 but the nurses said that they will still require me to do another sputum test. I called them earlier and asked the nurse if they can compare my xrays one last because im I need to be in Canada before August 30 and he said that they will stick to St. Lukes xray result. It's just frustrating that I never had a tb but I still have to do this. I have a clearance but they wont honor it.