+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andy_7830 said:
He might take sputum test. What happened to my mother are as follow medical May 30, 2014 twice chest xray, June 2, 2014 pulmo eval at St Lukes Ermita referred by St Luke's Global and sputum test June 4, 5 and 6. After a week you need to go back for smear result if negative then repeat chest xray on date provided by St Luke's on a pc of paper and ours dated Sept 1, 2014 if culture test turn negative. St Luke's never instruct my sis and mother to call them or they will call us only instructions was if we receive letter from Canadian Embassy before Sept 1, 2014 they need to bring that letter asap to St Luke's. We paid pulmo eval 1,600+, plus 2,625 for sputum test and 5,588 for additional fee for sputum studies all in php.

Andy
Hey Andy,

We're in the same boat...waiting for culture test result. My husband just finished his last June 16,17, 18. No notes or instructions from IOM what to do next. So I guess if no calls receive from them within 2wks, sputum is ok??? But they didn't tell my husband what to do next so I'll just follow up with them after 2wks. And also, we didn't hear anything about my kids medical result so I guess they're all ok :)

will be anxious for few weeks...lol

Sleepyhead619

Mar 3, 2014
Got the result of my sputum and culture test. Do the re xray.. Then the doctor said no significant change comparing my first xray result and my 2nd xray after the sputum and culture test. And they to told me to wait for the call of the embassy becoz they will also evaluate the result of my xray's. Is it good news for me? Or not.

rcg

Aug 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013 MPNP, CIC DEC 30, 2013
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
nov. 21, 2013
AOR Received.
10-08-2013 MPNP, CIC Feb 6, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
April 14, 2014/ RPRF Payment May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
April 25 and May 6, 2014
Interview........
mpnp sponsor Oct 30, 2013
Passport Req..
August 18, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
August 26, 2014, received September 5, 2014
LANDED..........
November 2014
Sleepyhead619 said:
Got the result of my sputum and culture test. Do the re xray.. Then the doctor said no significant change comparing my first xray result and my 2nd xray after the sputum and culture test. And they to told me to wait for the call of the embassy becoz they will also evaluate the result of my xray's. Is it good news for me? Or not.
the way i see it, if no initial treatment was done on you and there was no significant change from your 1st xray it means that the things they were suspicious about is stable coupled with negative smears and culture. This is quite a good sign. By the way did you submit an old xray to your doctor? Myhusband was ask if he had previous xray film more than 3 months old that they can compare so i guess a repeat xray will not be ask of him when they forward the result of thr sputum culture if ever it is negative.

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi sleepyhead!
Thanks for the update!
I'm kinda anxious at the moment since we're waiting for the result of my husband's sputum. He finished the 3day sputum last 18th, so it's been 2wks now and we don't know if this is a good sign that no one called him from IOM. He'd been paranoid for the past few weeks everytime our home phone rings (can't Blame him :( )

I hope everything turns out well with ur application and if it's not too much to ask, can u update us the embassy's decision regarding ur medical. Thank u!

Sleepyhead619

Mar 3, 2014
rcg said:
the way i see it, if no initial treatment was done on you and there was no significant change from your 1st xray it means that the things they were suspicious about is stable coupled with negative smears and culture. This is quite a good sign. By the way did you submit an old xray to your doctor? Myhusband was ask if he had previous xray film more than 3 months old that they can compare so i guess a repeat xray will not be ask of him when they forward the result of thr sputum culture if ever it is negative.
Nope. I did not submit my old xray film to the doctor. What i submitted is the new one. My re xray film.

drbassem

Star Member
Feb 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/6/2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
30/11/2013
AOR Received.
27/2/2014
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
1/6/2014
Med's Request
24/6/2014
Med's Done....
7/7/2014 Received on 25/7/2014
Passport Req..
26/8/2014 - Decision Made on 24/9/2014 Alhmdolelah
VISA ISSUED...
21-9-2014
hi guys
wish you best in health and upcoming immigration journey
I have a certain question to experts who had medical checkup for immigration
I am free of viruses but i have elevated cholesterol and elevation of ALT i think because of fat food and lack of exercise
could this ALT and cholesterol affect negatively on my medical checkup ??

Best Regards ,

che0219

Jul 6, 2014
Hi, i had my medical last march 26, 2014,
april 14-16, i was scheduled for sputum and smear test
june 27, i was asked go back to the clinic for repeat xray, that same day i was referred to one of the pulmonologist in MAKATI MED, its already 5:45 then and the dr's clinic is from 4-6 so i was asked to come back the next day (june 28). The xray is cleared then and I was asked again to get my clearance on monday (June 30), I immediately submitted it to IOM,my panel dr told me that she will submit it with 7days. my question is on this case, how long it will take bafore i receive my VISA?

Kylie

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
che0219 said:
Hi, i had my medical last march 26, 2014,
april 14-16, i was scheduled for sputum and smear test
june 27, i was asked go back to the clinic for repeat xray, that same day i was referred to one of the pulmonologist in MAKATI MED, its already 5:45 then and the dr's clinic is from 4-6 so i was asked to come back the next day (june 28). The xray is cleared then and I was asked again to get my clearance on monday (June 30), I immediately submitted it to IOM,my panel dr told me that she will submit it with 7days. my question is on this case, how long it will take bafore i receive my VISA?

The pulmonologist cleared you? Its been a month that my husband sent the result to IOM from pulmo until now there no response from IOm the panel I think submit it bt until now no updates. Good luck

andy_7830

Star Member
May 12, 2014
To Kylie and Che0219,

It seems everything now ok for medical. Wait and relax.

To drbassem,

How high your cholesterol and alt? If dr didn't prescribe any med for liver means alt not that high you are ok. If dr didn't ask you to re examine after few weeks diet or some meds means you are ok. For immigration I think if you have hepatitis you need treatment that might affect your application.

To pat1181,

Yah we on same boat.

Andy

Kylie

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
andy_7830 said:
To Kylie and Che0219,

It seems everything now ok for medical. Wait and relax.

To drbassem,

How high your cholesterol and alt? If dr didn't prescribe any med for liver means alt not that high you are ok. If dr didn't ask you to re examine after few weeks diet or some meds means you are ok. For immigration I think if you have hepatitis you need treatment that might affect your application.

To pat1181,

Yah we on same boat.

Andy

Hello Andy,

Just today i received an email from Manila Embassy, my husband need to go back to iom to see the panel physician, there is letter attached that my husband need some test again and attached also QRG furtherances for panel physician, I dont know what is this, all I know is to wait again... I just have 20 days and if there is no results my application will be refuse, but I am doing is i am sending message to cic here in canada but i dont know if they receive it how many times i phoned them but no answer. i dont know if its only me experiencing this thats why i am soaking my self in reading this thread. I dont have any idea now what will going to happen. :(

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kylie said:
Just today i received an email from Manila Embassy, my husband need to go back to iom to see the panel physician, there is letter attached that my husband need some test again and attached also QRG furtherances for panel physician, I dont know what is this, all I know is to wait again... I just have 20 days and if there is no results my application will be refuse...
Hi, If I may ask, what is the reason that your application will be refused? Not because of the long medicals. Was it stated explicitly that the application will be refused due to this furtherance? Where is the 20days remaining coming from?
If I recall the MR/IME request letter states you have to schedule/make an appointment for a medical exam within x number of days of receipt of the letter. It does not mean that the results have to be submitted within that x number of days. Once your husband has scheduled, and undergone the medical exam within that prescribed amount of days, he has already complied with the requirement.

.../atb

pat1181

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Kylie,

I hope everything will be ok.. will pray for the best result for the panel's assessment.

Kylie

Star Member
Dec 27, 2013
ragluf said:
Hi, If I may ask, what is the reason that your application will be refused? Not because of the long medicals. Was it stated explicitly that the application will be refused due to this furtherance? Where is the 20days remaining coming from?
If I recall the MR/IME request letter states you have to schedule/make an appointment for a medical exam within x number of days of receipt of the letter. It does not mean that the results have to be submitted within that x number of days. Once your husband has scheduled, and undergone the medical exam within that prescribed amount of days, he has already complied with the requirement.

.../atb
hello my husband did his medical last sept 2013..due to reason he has lung scar until now the test are not yet done. since its almos 10 months i received refusal letter last june because iom didnt communicate for the results of their patients..

andy_7830

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Hi Kylie,

You mentioned you been refused last June, you wrote as today Canadian Embassy Manila sent email to you dated July 9 that you have 20 days to comply and lastly your husband forward result a month ago to IOM from pulmo dated July 6. If you been refused last June everything must stop there until you appeal. Is there any confusion from CEM why they sent email to you after refusal?

What it says to the refusal letter? If you got refused it will clearly state word by word the reason of refusal to your application.

Andy

paguio

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
April 24, 2014 (date of approved SINP)
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
June 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014, Sept. 23, 2014, Jan 26, 2015 ECAS Shows medical recd.; Sept. 10, CIC request Med. re-assessment, Sept. 18, done with med. re-assessment, but then again my eldest need to undergo sputum, repeat x-ray and med. clearance to pulmo on Dec. 18. Finally, medical was submitted to CIC last December 23, 2015.
Interview........
No more interview :) RPRF req. and paid - Feb. 6, 2015
Passport Req..
Jan. 11, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
In God's grace...
LANDED..........
Already landed... Inland applicant
Pls. I need your help.

I was infected by PTB year 2001 and had been treated for 6 months. I had my annual xray since then to make sure it will not re-occur. My pulmonologist give a medical clearance that I am already treated. I even have my xray the day before my medical examination in IOM just to make sure and have it read/checked by my doctor.

Unfortunately, though I brought my old xray and medical clearance, they told me that I need to undergo sputum culture that will require 2 mos.

What should we do? We have only 60 days to process our medical exam as stated on MR sent by the immigration.