+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

clau2493

Jun 6, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Sydney
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2020
AOR Received.
October 18, 2020
File Transfer...
Ottawa
Hi anisomar
My brother also took his medication @ iom but they passed
the results a month after.
His last day ok medication is may 12 and they passed the medical result june 9.
Until now we are waiting for ppr
Hoping

anirsomar

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
clau2493 said:
Hi anisomar
Hoping

It takes a while..for your brother its more than 4 months now.It was a loooong wait for him.
I dont know what will happen to my sister either.Anyway if she gets PPR shes not coming right away.She has to finish school year first.Probably May 2017.If Gods Will
Are you here in Winnipeg too? Are you the sponsor of your brother?
Iam the sponsor of my sister and it looks like I'am more active and eager about her application than her.

HopefulPinay

Oct 25, 2016
althea07 said:
Good news! Congrats!

In our case, within a month after the Medical Passes status, we got our COPR and stamped visa. :)
Hope everything goes well with your sisters' application.
Hello Althea, Hello All.

Hoping for some help please. My husband is sponsoring me to Canada, and I got my PPR already.
while waiting for my passport to be returned, I received a "medical surveillance" form requiring me to report to a Health Office in Canada within 30 days upon landing.

my problem is, I only plan to stay in Canada for 2 weeks as I need to return to Philippines to work and study.

-what is the process in "medical surveillance"?
- how many times do I need to report to the health office and what tests are done?
- can I postpone this to next year when I plan to be in Canada for good after graduation?
- if I go back to Philippines, do I need to report it to Canadian Immigration as change in address?

Thank you to those who will share their knowledge on this. Thank you so much!

anirsomar

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
clau2493 said:
Hi anisomar
Hoping

I just check the online status of my sister's application
Its " Medical result have been received" thats as of today Oct. 27. It looks like its moving.

DeniseShandy

Aug 25, 2016
Hello again Congratulations to all of you guys who already received PPR... and landed in Canada
Just to give an update on our situation,my sister phoned St. Luke's to check the result of my younger daughter sputum culture exam last October 28 and they told her that the result was negative (Praise God!)
They said to my sister they'll gonna do the reports and submit it to immigration by priority and she can phone them again on Nov. 2 to confirm if they already process and submitted it to immigration.
My sister phoned that day and told her again that still under process and told her for the third time to phone next week because the pulmo doctor need to do the report still. My sister get a bit upset and so am I. Then they told my sister to phone tom instead of next week to confirm if already submitted to immigration.

I need another advice please.. If they said that all the results was okay already, how many days or month[s will it take for them to request our PPR. My elder daughter medical will expire on Dec29 and mine is on January 5. Do you think they'll gonna request our passport and issue our visa before that? (I have high hopes that it will come before the end of the year)
Kindly advise please and thank you...

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
hi...anybody has some experience about ASD closure? my spouse had medical today and she had surgery of ASD closure but IOM recommend her for cardiologist. What do you guys say about this?

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hopeful.ad said:
hi...anybody has some experience about ASD closure? my spouse had medical today and she had surgery of ASD closure but IOM recommend her for cardiologist. What do you guys say about this?
No experience specifically for ASD.
My opinion - the PP (IOM) would like to identify if there are any current indications that the ASD closure is or may be leading to conditions of significance - cardiovascular disease or any other debilitating condition. See the IMEIs for this:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/IMEI_Cardiac_disease.pdf
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/IMEI_Debilitating_conditions.pdf

For this the expert opinion of a cardiologist is requested. Have your spouse be checked up by the cardio - if there were regular follow-up check-up for this, bring the medical records.

.../atb

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anirsomar said:
The Looong wait is over.
PPR for my sister now.Nov.10,2016.
Thanks to everyone for the infos and advices.
Good for you and your sister. Good luck going forward...

.../atb

DeniseShandy

Aug 25, 2016
Hi again everyone Just an update on our application. I check my status online and says medical received. Does it mean that PPR next in line..

April15,2015- CIC received application
July 19,2015- file number given
December14,2015- Medical request
December 29,2015- my elder daughters medical exam done
January5,2016- done with my Medical examination
August31-September2- my younger daughter sputum smears and culture exam
October 28- result received( all negative)
November2- St. Luke's sent the results and CIC received Nov.4
November11- checked online status ( medical received)

Base on this trend..
I need an advice please. When do u think will be the passport request and visa will be issued to us?
Thank so much for all your help guys. Whenever I'm reading all your comments and suggestion I feel happy because it helps me a lot thinking that all of this will end up good just like others who already have their PPR and some who already landed in Canada..
God bless us all

I'm planning to go December to celebrate Christmas with my family so I'm really hoping to get passport request and visa before end of the year.. also our medical will expire January 5.

Harell423

Nov 17, 2016
Hello guys! Let me share our case and may i ask for advice on what shall we do next. Here it is.

My wife applied for student visa with me and my 9-month old son as her dependent. Before we submit our docs to CIC through our agent, my wife had already finished her medical exam in St. Lukes BGC. Our docs were submitted last september 30, 2016. Her class will begin by January 3,2017 so we thought that there will be enough time for us to wait for our visa. Surprisingly, the visa and student permit of my wife has already been granted this november 14,2016 (Thank you God!) While me and my son were advised to have our medical exam. So immediately, we went to st. Lukes bgc again and proceed with our medical exam. The thing is, my son has been cleared while SLEC told me that there is an abnormality in my chest xray. They told me that i need to undergo a sputum test in st. Lukes ermita on dec.5-7.

Now as i have read in recent posts, the test might take 2 months and the earliest that i can have my visa is within 3months. If this will be the case, we are left with 2 options. Its either my wife and son will go by dec.2016 and i will follow until i have been cleared from my medical OR we try to move her class by june so that we will go there all at the same time( but it will mean that we need to pay again $ 1500 for the downpayment in school)

For those who have the same case as ours, please give as an advice on what shall we do. We are really torn and saddened by the situation because i dont know if i will be given a visa if they will go ahead of me. Thank you and i hope someone can help.

latent_tb

Nov 17, 2016
Hello Guys,

Few years back I had positive T-Spot test. The subsequent chest x-ray was clean. Doctor told me I have latent TB. I have never beem diagnosed with any kind of active TB. And I have never taken the medication for TB.

Few days back during the panel medical, I explained all this to the doctor. He told me to send me the old chest X-Ray which I did.
I am expecting my new x-ray to come clean I will know in a couple of days.

If the x-ray is clean will my situation lead to the sputum test?
Will this cause delay in the medicals being passed.

I regret now that I blabbered all the details to doc.

DeniseShandy

Aug 25, 2016
Hello again guys, waiting for PPR is driving me insane..

I check eCAS last nov. 11 and said medical has been received. It was modified nov.4 (looks like they're a week or two behind uploading datas)
Nov.4 was the time that St. Luke's emailed CIC regarding the results of my daughter's sputum and culture exam..all is negative and completed(sputum and culture, anti- tuberculosis treatment)
It's moving tho but why is it taking soooo Long... ➖➖➖➖➖

I email IRCC about the updates on my status because it past the processing time which is 16months.. I'm now on my 19months from the time that they received my application.. my medical will expire on January 5,2017 but their reply to me is that until now it's still IN PROCESS..and there's no maximum time to finalize application

Help...
I'm loosing my patience and hope that I'll be able to spent time and Christmas with my family this year..

God bless us all..

Reactions: Nana69

DeniseShandy

Aug 25, 2016
Help Pls...
I want this depression to go away and be enlighten by u guys who has a lot of knowledge when it comes to this process.
My agency just told me that all I have to wait is our passport request. Base on what I've said to this forum last is that when I check my eCAS it says medical have been received. 11-04-2016 update. But just today I recieved another email from IRCC that my elder daughter needs to have a new medical again. And they only give us 30days to comply.
My question is, is it because her medical will expire soon?( December 29,2015). That's why they request a new medical? I've waited for another 3months for my younger daughter sputum smears and culture result and now a repeat medical again for my elder daughter. And take note my medical will expire as well soon. (January 5,2016).
What will gonna happen next?
How long shud I wait again until they'll request for our passport and visa to be issued?
I'm worried that it may lead to refusal? Hopefully not after all these years of waiting...
I'm just so depressed and upset..
It's my elder daughter's bday today here's what I received from my email.

DeniseShandy said:
Hello again guys, waiting for PPR is driving me insane..

I check eCAS last nov. 11 and said medical has been received. It was modified nov.4 (looks like they're a week or two behind uploading datas)
Nov.4 was the time that St. Luke's emailed CIC regarding the results of my daughter's sputum and culture exam..all is negative and completed(sputum and culture, anti- tuberculosis treatment)
It's moving tho but why is it taking soooo Long... ➖➖➖➖➖

I email IRCC about the updates on my status because it past the processing time which is 16months.. I'm now on my 19months from the time that they received my application.. my medical will expire on January 5,2017 but their reply to me is that until now it's still IN PROCESS..and there's no maximum time to finalize application

Help...
I'm loosing my patience and hope that I'll be able to spent time and Christmas with my family this year..

God bless us all..