+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

cool ammy

Mar 9, 2016
hi..got medical clearance from doc on 3 june nd the status change to medical hv been recieved on 9june but after this no change in status , validity of initial medicals till july 17 ....if our medicals are passed thn does this means that embassy will issue visa before 17 july??? Plz rply

kimmyCRN

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
cool ammy said:
hi..got medical clearance from doc on 3 june nd the status change to medical hv been recieved on 9june but after this no change in status , validity of initial medicals till july 17 ....if our medicals are passed thn does this means that embassy will issue visa before 17 july??? Plz rply
Hi Amy,
based on my friend's experience, her initial medical was last May 2015 but her visa was valid until June 04, 2016. ans she's in Alberta now.
Im waiting for my visa as well. My initial medical was july 27, 2015. so lets see my validity. :p

hope this helps :)

Hi asinomar,

Goodluck on your sister. Be patient. Everything will fall into the right place eventually :)

anirsomar

Star Member
Nov 17, 2012
kimmyCRN said:
Hi Amy,
based on my friend's experience, her initial medical was last May 2015 but her visa was valid until June 04, 2016. ans she's in Alberta now.
Im waiting for my visa as well. My initial medical was july 27, 2015. so lets see my validity. :p

hope this helps :)

Hi asinomar,

Goodluck on your sister. Be patient. Everything will fall into the right place eventually :)
Thanks KimmyCRN GodBlessYou!

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
Good Day Everyone.

Just want to ask any furtherance applicants have their Back Ground Check changed to "In progress" after medical status changed to "passed"

Bugsbong

Star Member
Apr 13, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2015
Doc's Request.
09-11-2015
AOR Received.
02-09-2015
IELTS Request
None
File Transfer...
09-11-2015
Med's Request
Upfront... re medical request june 1,2016 / re-xray Sept 4,2016
Med's Done....
28-04-2015 / 04-06-2016 / 06-09-2016
Interview........
Hopefully none
Passport Req..
16 September 2016
VISA ISSUED...
26 September 2016
LANDED..........
16 October 2016
sharing my experience.

Last June 4 I did a re-medical as per request by VO-manila. I got problem with my X-ray result (said there was a spot). While I was doing the xray, the tech seems cannot get a clear result of all (ribs i think). I have done than 6 xray procedure, 4 for the Chest PA and 2 for the lateral chest. Then they decided that it is enough. The doctor discussed to me my xray and that they found a spot (clouding) on my xray result. I have done the medical before (April 28,2015) and everything was cleared including my xray. I was not convinced with my xray result, so I hurriedly went to another clinic who is more advance than the first one (accredited clinic). My xray with the 2nd clinic was taken only once and it is very clear. Initially, I brought the xray film to the accredited panel physician (in the accredited clinic) She noticed immediately a big difference from the first xray film to my 2nd xray film which is vividly clear. She asked me to submit the xray result (which will be released in 3hrs). I waited and got the result and everything written in the result is clear and negative for any abnormalities. I submitted the result to the panel physician and she told me that they will include my 2nd xray result and the previous xray (the 2015 xray) that they will submit to the embassy. Today, I received a letter from the embassy (Manila Visa Office) that I am required to have further medical test (sputum test and culture) I immediately go to the accredited clinic and had my first sputum extraction sample.

I guess all the effort of having 2nd opinion is useless and won't have any weight in the evaluation of RMO (Regional Medical Office-Canada). Now all I can do is hope and pray that the sputum test will come negative and pass this another test and delay. The panel physician told me that my x-ray schedule will be on Sept. 4,2016 that is almost 3 months from now.

By the way, I do a regular run (jogging and running) I can run for 10 laps straight, taken out and controlled intake of carbo foods from my meal. I am 5'7" and 80Kg. never been hospitalized and no serious injuries or illnesses my BP is 110/80 and no maintenance meds or whatsoever. That is why I was surprised by the outcome/diagnosis of my xray.

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
Bugsbong said:
sharing my experience.

Last June 4 I did a re-medical as per request by VO-manila. I got problem with my X-ray result (said there was a spot). While I was doing the xray, the tech seems cannot get a clear result of all (ribs i think). I have done than 6 xray procedure, 4 for the Chest PA and 2 for the lateral chest. Then they decided that it is enough. The doctor discussed to me my xray and that they found a spot (clouding) on my xray result. I have done the medical before (April 28,2015) and everything was cleared including my xray. I was not convinced with my xray result, so I hurriedly went to another clinic who is more advance than the first one (accredited clinic). My xray with the 2nd clinic was taken only once and it is very clear. Initially, I brought the xray film to the accredited panel physician (in the accredited clinic) She noticed immediately a big difference from the first xray film to my 2nd xray film which is vividly clear. She asked me to submit the xray result (which will be released in 3hrs). I waited and got the result and everything written in the result is clear and negative for any abnormalities. I submitted the result to the panel physician and she told me that they will include my 2nd xray result and the previous xray (the 2015 xray) that they will submit to the embassy. Today, I received a letter from the embassy (Manila Visa Office) that I am required to have further medical test (sputum test and culture) I immediately go to the accredited clinic and had my first sputum extraction sample.

I guess all the effort of having 2nd opinion is useless and won't have any weight in the evaluation of RMO (Regional Medical Office-Canada). Now all I can do is hope and pray that the sputum test will come negative and pass this another test and delay. The panel physician told me that my x-ray schedule will be on Sept. 4,2016 that is almost 3 months from now.

By the way, I do a regular run (jogging and running) I can run for 10 laps straight, taken out and controlled intake of carbo foods from my meal. I am 5'7" and 80Kg. never been hospitalized and no serious injuries or illnesses my BP is 110/80 and no maintenance meds or whatsoever. That is why I was surprised by the outcome/diagnosis of my xray.
No matter what CHC do not accept any health evaluation outside the designated panel physician/clinics. You can take your tests at any clinic (panel Physician) why didn't you switch the panel physician when you suspect their is something wrong with the x-ray equipment they are using? Even CHC clearly mentions that you can choose any designated panel physician of your choice.

RockCan

Star Member
Jun 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2015
Nomination.....
15-04-16
AOR Received.
06-05-16
Hello Guys,

Just seen this thread and found it so helpful, I have done my upfront medicals in Canada on 26th APRIL, O got letter for sputum test on 13th May, I performed that too, but the Lab Tech told me that it will take only 1 week to get results, then after 2 weeks of my addition test submission I have been asked for an additional X-ray, I don't know why they have asked me to perform my medicals right away. How much time they are taking in Canada for this tests to be done? I am here since last 4 years, Never had any issues. Anyone have any similar timeline who can describe me that how much time it will take?

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
RockCan said:
Hello Guys,

Just seen this thread and found it so helpful, I have done my upfront medicals in Canada on 26th APRIL, O got letter for sputum test on 13th May, I performed that too, but the Lab Tech told me that it will take only 1 week to get results,May be you are undergoing only Sputum smear test but NOT smear culture which is time consuming which is a good thing then after 2 weeks of my addition test submission I have been asked for an additional X-ray, I don't know why they have asked me to perform my medicals right away.you was asked for a re-xray to check the stability. This is common nothing to worry about How much time they are taking in Canada for this tests to be done? I am here since last 4 years, Never had any issues. Anyone have any similar timeline who can describe me that how much time it will take?
Hope this helps

cutesmile_1728

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just want to ask if I need to call the clinic where I submitted my sputum for culture (after 8weeks) to know wheither it was positive or negative? Or no need to contact them they are the one who will contact my panel physician and just wait for my medical status to update? Thanks

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
cutesmile_1728 said:
I just want to ask if I need to call the clinic where I submitted my sputum for culture (after 8weeks) to know wheither it was positive or negative? Or no need to contact them they are the one who will contact my panel physician and just wait for my medical status to update? Thanks
Clinics will transfer the reports to physician when they are ready. Try calling panel physicians office to know the results. In my case I called clinic(laboratory) where they carried test they simple denied my request but called panel physician office and they told its negative and confirmed my re-X-ray date.

niche0910

Nov 1, 2015
cutesmile_1728 said:
My panel physician was very lax so I had to continously followup at all stages. Would recommend follow up with panel physician as no point in further delay in application.

cutesmile_1728

Star Member
Jul 28, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^^ IMGNSPNP thank you so much for replying

^ niche0910 thanks also for the reply, may I know what do you mean you continously followup at all stages? Or you just called the panel physician after 8weeks? Thank you in advance!

We received two ghost email that our application has an update but upon checking on the CIC nothing has change. I am a bit worried because of this sputum culture something may went wrong (but hoping and praying NOT).

IMGNSPNP

Oct 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-02-2016
Passport Req..
26-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2016
cutesmile_1728 said:
^^ IMGNSPNP thank you so much for replying

^ niche0910 thanks also for the reply, may I know what do you mean you continously followup at all stages? Or you just called the panel physician after 8weeks? Thank you in advance!

We received two ghost email that our application has an update but upon checking on the CIC nothing has change. I am a bit worried because of this sputum culture something may went wrong (but hoping and praying NOT).
Thats a good sign very soon you will notice status changing to "Passed".