+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pulmonary Tuberculosis(Active/Inactive)-History,Sputum Tests,6 mos medication...

ivan28

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
chie15 said:
I guess I'll have the same case with you.. We just got our passports back and husband said there is an enclosed letter about my medical..I underwent sputum process and had my x-ray repeated here, was cleared and was not asked to undergo medication...Can you give me an update on your case? We plan to land by early January...thanks so much...
Maam where did you have your medical done? ty

nursedin

Nov 18, 2014
does anyone here got misdiagnosed for calcified granuloma from medical clinic here in manila? got unfit for a UAE job just because of my CXR.. :-[ :-[
i got autonmatically unfit, no questions asked or any recommendations from the physician...

canadafsw2015

Nov 10, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2016
AOR Received.
AOR1: 17-03-2016 SA: 21-03-2016 AOR2: 31-03-2016
File Transfer...
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
DM: 08-05-2016 PPR: 11-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
FSW 2014 applicant from India.

I had got my medicals done last week wherein there was a slight chest infection (cough patch) detected in my Chest X-ray. They uploaded my results and NDVO got back to me today and has asked me to do further additional tests to rule out TB.

I have to go 3 consecutive days to the DMP and give my spit samples, which will be incubated for 6-8 weeks.

After that I will have to get a repeat Chest X-ray done 3 months from today (February 2015)

All these results will be reviewed by a pulmonologist or respiratory physician in February 2015 to rule out TB.

So, in short, my PPR is delayed atleast until February 2015

Anyone else here who has faced the same issue???
*Blank* *Worried*

chie15

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadafsw2015 said:
FSW 2014 applicant from India.

I had got my medicals done last week wherein there was a slight chest infection (cough patch) detected in my Chest X-ray. They uploaded my results and NDVO got back to me today and has asked me to do further additional tests to rule out TB.

I have to go 3 consecutive days to the DMP and give my spit samples, which will be incubated for 6-8 weeks.

After that I will have to get a repeat Chest X-ray done 3 months from today (February 2015)

All these results will be reviewed by a pulmonologist or respiratory physician in February 2015 to rule out TB.

So, in short, my PPR is delayed atleast until February 2015

Anyone else here who has faced the same issue???
*Blank* *Worried*
Went to same process as you...felt frustrated when I had my medicals last Feb...but, I was eventually cleared in May..we got our PPR before the end of October and had our visas just this week...Just hang in there..things will fall into places...

PhSVE

Star Member
Jan 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
In God's perfect time
VISA ISSUED...
In God's perfect time
LANDED..........
In God's perfect time
hello!!
Anyone from this forum who had their medical January 2014 and cleared on March but still ecas status Application received.. It is very frustrating as I am waiting my PPR for almost 11 months..

ivan28

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
I have done my medical last week in Nationwide Baguio... they called me yesterday and told me that there are findings in my chest xray... and they require me to do sputum exam at st. lukes... if the result of the sputum is negative , will they still require me to take 6 months medication? thank you.. :)

Waiting Winni

Dec 11, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
1204 NOC O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MPNP File on November 30, 2013 & CIC Received File on November 04, 2014
Nomination.....
September 22, 2014
AOR Received.
April 08, 2015
File Transfer...
File Transferred to NDVO on May 13, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront Medical
Med's Done....
Upfront Medical on May 29, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 23, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
September 23, 2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully by November 17, 2015
I had TB in 2010 and it was cure successfully.

I am sure that I will get remedical whenever they will issue me medical request because of spot which will be there forever in chest but if I will take sputum test along with Chest X Ray from the hospital where they are request to undergo for medical just before two months from the date i am expected for my medical to be issued than do any one think that it will be accepted as valid medical report and avoid remedical from CIO Visa Office New Delhi as I have done the reports which they will gonna ask me to go for in advance and the same will come on the same date when my medical requested medical done at the hospital at where i will gone for medical which should be registered approved medical hospital

chie15

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ivan28 said:
I have done my medical last week in Nationwide Baguio... they called me yesterday and told me that there are findings in my chest xray... and they require me to do sputum exam at st. lukes... if the result of the sputum is negative , will they still require me to take 6 months medication? thank you.. :)
If the smear and culture results are both negative, they will ask you to have your xray repeated, 3months after your first xray..if the result is the same, they won't require you medications...that's how it went with me....Culture results will be available after 8weeks..(2months)

zamboy

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
Interview........
Medical Updated- 27-03-2015
Passport Req..
07-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
LANDED..........
06-08-2015
Hi I Friends,
This is really one imp thread.. I am a minor asthma patient.. I sometimes (say once or twice in a year) use asthalin inhaler to ease by coughing. I haven't been detected of TB or any such illness ever. Do you guys think that the NDVO will expose me also to TB related tests or sputum tests?

Also my daughter had pneumonia at the age of 1years( Now 2 years old) , wherein she was hospitalised , will she also be put thru such tests..

Do you think it might put any risk on getting our visas?

kersho

Aug 18, 2014
Hi guys! My wife, who I'm sponsoring is undergoing her medical exams at St. Luke's Manila. At first her X ray is cloudy (suspicion of TB) so the DMP advised her to have a sputum test. We complied and both smear and culture came out NEGATIVE (she does not smoke, drink nor have a TB history.) She was advised to do a repeat Xray which came out to be better than the first one (significantly less cloudy. Now, the DMP still insist that she should do a 6 months TB treatment despise the fact that they told us that if the sputum culture comes up negative and the repeat x ray is favorable, the treatment is not necessary. They have been pressuring us to take treatment even before the results of the sputum culture came out and even giving us deadlines to decide right away. We feel pressured and helpless. Please help as this is the only sensible and knowledgeable place to consult. Thanks!!!!!

ivan28

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
kersho said:
Hi guys! My wife, who I'm sponsoring is undergoing her medical exams at St. Luke's Manila. At first her X ray is cloudy (suspicion of TB) so the DMP advised her to have a sputum test. We complied and both smear and culture came out NEGATIVE (she does not smoke, drink nor have a TB history.) She was advised to do a repeat Xray which came out to be better than the first one (significantly less cloudy. Now, the DMP still insist that she should do a 6 months TB treatment despise the fact that they told us that if the sputum culture comes up negative and the repeat x ray is favorable, the treatment is not necessary. They have been pressuring us to take treatment even before the results of the sputum culture came out and even giving us deadlines to decide right away. We feel pressured and helpless. Please help as this is the only sensible and knowledgeable place to consult. Thanks!!!!!
Unfortunately, I think you are obliged to comply... I have read in previous posts about same case as yours... and they too are told to take TB meds... I have done my Medical last week and told me that I have tuberculosis... I have consulted a private Pulmonologist and the doctor confirmed it to me... that's why even though I haven't done my sputum exam (im scheduled on Dec. 1), I have already started my TB meds (its hard to swallow those big tablets)...because the earlier I start, the sooner I finish the 6 months treatment... Goodluck to us... By the way, I have read in the threads, that if you just comply with the medications, no one is denied in Canada... that's what keeping my hopes high :)

chie15

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Philippines
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kersho said:
I also underwent sputum process because of a cloudy first xray...They informed me that I will have to repeat my xray after three months once the smear and culture results were negative, and the pulmo doctor told me that there should be no changes in my xray because any change would mean I have active TB..I guess that is why your wife was advised to undergo medication, because the repeat xray showed changes, though it was better....And I guess you have no other option but to heed their advise...Goodluck and God bless...

zamboy

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2014
Nomination.....
02-12-2014
Med's Request
12-03-2015
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
Interview........
Medical Updated- 27-03-2015
Passport Req..
07-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2015
LANDED..........
06-08-2015
kersho said:
Hi Kersho,
Which city u r in?