+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD via PR Portal not completing as PR Portal keeps erroring out

Nitin Shukla

Jul 16, 2017
Hi Folks,

I have a frustrating predicament. I have been trying to apply for a PRTD from India online via the PR Portal. I keep on getting errored out at Residency Obligations. I have double checked the information multiple times. It matches with my Address History in the 4th step. It matches the address exactly as I have put in my Address History. However I keep Getting the following Error in the tiny Error pop up screen at the top.

Since the error at the top was not very explanatory I did a bit of digging and took a peak at the Network tab. I saw that the actual error was :

""travelHistory[0]" does not match any of the allowed types" for each of the 4 travel History Items I had on the Residency Obligation Table. I rechecked every record of my Residency Obligation table and compared the record's date and Address with corresponding Address History Record's Dates, Addresses and they match exactly down to the Comma and spacings. I am not sure what to do at this point as PRTD via PR Portal seems to be the quickest application route for a PRTD right now. I do not know how long a Paper Application is going to take if that is even possible right now?

I am putting the Network response (in JSON) down below as some of my Web Developer bothers might direct me in a better direction on portal. Is anyone else facing issues applying for a PRTD via the Portal right now?

JSON:
[
  {
    "message": "\"travelHistory[0]\" does not match any of the allowed types",
    "path": [
      "travelHistory",
    ],
    "type": "array.includes",
    "context": {
      "pos": 0,
      "value": {
        "location": "XXX XXXX XXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
        "reason": "Other",
        "otherReason": "XXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
        "_id": "638d99efdbe8c8000879626d",
        "from": "2022-11-30T00:00:00.000Z",
        "to": "2022-12-05T00:00:00.000Z"
      },
      "label": "travelHistory[0]",
      "key": 0
    }
  },
  {
    "message": "\"travelHistory[1]\" does not match any of the allowed types",
      "travelHistory",
    ],
      "pos": 1,
        "location": "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx",
        "otherReason": "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx",
        "_id": "638d99efdbe8c8000879626e",
        "from": "2022-09-05T00:00:00.000Z",
        "to": "2022-11-30T00:00:00.000Z"
      },
      "label": "travelHistory[1]",
      "key": 1
    }
  },
  {
    "message": "\"travelHistory[2]\" does not match any of the allowed types",
      "travelHistory",
    ],
      "pos": 2,
        "location": "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
        "otherReason": "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
        "_id": "638d99efdbe8c8000879626f",
        "from": "2021-09-18T00:00:00.000Z",
        "to": "2022-09-05T00:00:00.000Z"
      },
      "label": "travelHistory[2]",
      "key": 2
    }
  },
  {
    "message": "\"travelHistory[3]\" does not match any of the allowed types",
      "travelHistory",
    ],
      "pos": 3,
        "location": "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
        "otherReason": "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",
        "_id": "638d99efdbe8c80008796270",
        "from": "2019-10-22T00:00:00.000Z",
        "to": "2020-09-07T00:00:00.000Z"
      },
      "label": "travelHistory[3]",
      "key": 3
    }
  }
]

jk2ca10

Oct 5, 2019
Maybe you left a time gap. If there is, you have to explain like unemployment, studies, sick leave etc. I had some trouble too. When I tried to put exact date like August 13, it bounces to August 1 for address history. But for travel history, if I put like February 9, it bounces to February 8. So I left it like that because for address history, I guess IRCC wants estimation while for travel history it wants exact dates but since other standard times are more advanced that of Canada, so I guess it would bounce back to one day.

Last edited:

Nitin Shukla

Jul 16, 2017
Maybe you left a time gap. If there is, you have to explain like unemployment, studies, sick leave etc. I had some trouble too. When I tried to put exact date like August 13, it bounces to August 1 for address history. But for travel history, if I put like February 9, it bounces to February 8. So I left it like that because for address history, I guess IRCC wants estimation while for travel history it wants exact dates but since other standard times are more advanced that of Canada, so I guess it would bounce back to one day.
Hi Thanks for replying this absolute monstrosity of a question. I did not expect a reply at all since i come from a very toxic community of stackoverflow. Anyways after spending an entire day I was able to find the exact problem. The OtherReason field within the Time spent outside Canada actually has a cap of 100 charachters. If you exceed that it gives you this unexplainable validation error. They have done a good job with the website but they should really sent some human understandable error rather than the generic red one they provide as seen in the above screenshot. Hopefully they fix it or at the very least my day long ordeal might help some one else as well.

I absolutely love this community.

Cheers

jk2ca10

Oct 5, 2019
Hi Thanks for replying this absolute monstrosity of a question. I did not expect a reply at all since i come from a very toxic community of stackoverflow. Anyways after spending an entire day I was able to find the exact problem. The OtherReason field within the Time spent outside Canada actually has a cap of 100 charachters. If you exceed that it gives you this unexplainable validation error. They have done a good job with the website but they should really sent some human understandable error rather than the generic red one they provide as seen in the above screenshot. Hopefully they fix it or at the very least my day long ordeal might help some one else as well.

I absolutely love this community.

Cheers
The reasons I wrote are very short like vacation, visit relatives, marriage honeymoon etc. Never wrote long explanation.

Reactions: Nitin Shukla