+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD question

immg

Jan 5, 2012
Dear Leon,

Greetings Leon, I need your help. My story begins when my family and I immigrated to Canada, stayed for 3 months and then we left because of personal reasons. I was a child at the time and had no choice but to leave with my family. 5 years later, the entire family decided to apply for a PRTD which was rejected because we didn't meet the residency obligation and then we applied for an appeal. We have been waiting for 1 and a half years for the appeal hearing date. Currently, I got admission from a university in Canada. My question, can I apply myself for a PRTD on humanitarian grounds that I was a child when my family left Canada even though I applied for an appeal with my family as I mentioned above? Bear in mind that I will be 18 years old next march. Your fast response is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
immg said:
Dear Leon,

Greetings Leon, I need your help. My story begins when my family and I immigrated to Canada, stayed for 3 months and then we left because of personal reasons. I was a child at the time and had no choice but to leave with my family. 5 years later, the entire family decided to apply for a PRTD which was rejected because we didn't meet the residency obligation and then we applied for an appeal. We have been waiting for 1 and a half years for the appeal hearing date. Currently, I got admission from a university in Canada. My question, can I apply myself for a PRTD on humanitarian grounds that I was a child when my family left Canada even though I applied for an appeal with my family as I mentioned above? Bear in mind that I will be 18 years old next march. Your fast response is highly appreciated.

Thanks.
You should definitely try it.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The H&C grounds should really have been raised at the first application so its not clear cut that a second application would be considered or have merit. Usually in immigration cases you have one application open including on appeal. However you have nothing to lose but 50 bucks. I'm presuming you are not visitor visa exempt to Canada? Do you hold or are you able to get a US visa? This would enable a land border crossing and enable school attendance until appeal hearing and subsequent decision by the IAD or if there is further appeal by the FC.