+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Help Please

moscaep85

May 10, 2016
Hello all,
I landed on January 21st and learned last week that for work I have to go to Europe for a week on March 12. All I have is my COPR and the landing visa and I just checked the processing time for the PR card and it says 54 days. My trip to Europe is only a week long, which is not long enough to apply for a travel document. Does anyone have information regarding this issue?
Could I just fly into the US and drive to the border with my COPR?

Please help!!!!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
moscaep85 said:
Could I just fly into the US and drive to the border with my COPR?
If you hold a US passport, you can probably fly directly to Canada.

If you hold some other passport, then yes with no PR TD your only option is to cross into Canada via USA land border. Just your passport and COPR will be fine for CBSA to confirm your PR status at the border.

moscaep85

May 10, 2016
Rob_TO said:
If you hold a US passport, you can probably fly directly to Canada.

If you hold some other passport, then yes with no PR TD your only option is to cross into Canada via USA land border. Just your passport and COPR will be fine for CBSA to confirm your PR status at the border.
Rob_TO. One little piece of info that I forgot mentioning is that on the same passport I have a working visa valid until 2018. Could I just fly with that visa??? The Officer at the border told me to surrender my working permit, otherwise I would have that document too.

On the other hand, my passport is from Colombia, I do have my US visa in order so that shouldn't be a problem. But on the COPR it explicitly says, NOT AS TRAVEL DOCUMENT, would that be enough for the guys at the border anyways? I am afraid to piss off the guys.

Thanks!