+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD DOCUMENT QUESTION:DAR-ES-SALAAM OFFICE

sage17

Jul 30, 2016
Hi everyone,

Due to a family emergency i have to travel to Rwanda in 10 days, and unfortunately my PR card expires on the 14th. I checked the cic website, i don't have enough time to apply for a emergency PR; since i don't have 3 weeks left,my only option is to apply for a PRTD. The closest vac to Rwanda is in Dar-es-Salaam, i called the office twice and i was given different answers. The first agent told me 7-10 days, the second 14 business days. I can't wait for 3 weeks.

I have three questions:

1. Has anyone applied to the office in Dar-es-Salaam or Kampala? If yes, how long did it take for you to get the document?
I have to be back in Canada by January 17th. I am thinking of applying for the document on December 22nd.

3. Does it matter to give the copy of your return ticket to the vac in general ? Do they take that into consideration? or it is a lost cause?

3. "You must provide photocopies of all previous passports or travel documents used in the five (5) years immediately before the application"
My current password was issued in May 2012. However, before that i had a travel document that was issued by my embassy(not Canadian but Rwandan embassy) in April 2012, i used it to go home and get my passport in May 2012. I have lost that document.
Do you guys think i will have an issue with the visa office because i have no proof of how i got into the country (Rwanda) in 2012 but i was able to get out ? There is a stamp for exit but no entry stamp.

I am scared of getting stuck there for a while, and that is not an option for me at the moment. I will miss both school and work, and i can't afford that to do that.

Thank you for your help!

AlieninVancouver

Apr 16, 2017
Rwanda
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Tanzania
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-06-2017
Passport Req..
07-09-2017
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2017
Hi everyone,

Due to a family emergency i have to travel to Rwanda in 10 days, and unfortunately my PR card expires on the 14th. I checked the cic website, i don't have enough time to apply for a emergency PR; since i don't have 3 weeks left,my only option is to apply for a PRTD. The closest vac to Rwanda is in Dar-es-Salaam, i called the office twice and i was given different answers. The first agent told me 7-10 days, the second 14 business days. I can't wait for 3 weeks.

I have three questions:

1. Has anyone applied to the office in Dar-es-Salaam or Kampala? If yes, how long did it take for you to get the document?
I have to be back in Canada by January 17th. I am thinking of applying for the document on December 22nd.

3. Does it matter to give the copy of your return ticket to the vac in general ? Do they take that into consideration? or it is a lost cause?

3. "You must provide photocopies of all previous passports or travel documents used in the five (5) years immediately before the application"
My current password was issued in May 2012. However, before that i had a travel document that was issued by my embassy(not Canadian but Rwandan embassy) in April 2012, i used it to go home and get my passport in May 2012. I have lost that document.
Do you guys think i will have an issue with the visa office because i have no proof of how i got into the country (Rwanda) in 2012 but i was able to get out ? There is a stamp for exit but no entry stamp.

I am scared of getting stuck there for a while, and that is not an option for me at the moment. I will miss both school and work, and i can't afford that to do that.

Thank you for your help!

Its been several months since your post, interested to know if you ever did find the answers, I submitted my Passport to Dar-es-Salaam after PPR and still waiting to hear from them. The customer helpline is not very helpful. I would like to know if you ever took this option and how long it took to process your request.

-PK