+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD Application Returned - Reason "wrong application"

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
I have applied for PRTD on 2023/09/06 and my return reason shows "Wrong applicationIncomplete application " with the view grey and disabled to view.I have No email about this return reason(rejection).I tried to link by GCKey sign in but there is no option for PRTD in the GCKey.So what to do now?
if you try to link GCKey you need to choose PR card renew category. There is no PRTD option.

Sivabhagavan

Sep 11, 2023
i have tried the pr card option in gckey login.It is connecting my old application of my pr card but not giving any info about my current prtd application.

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
i have tried the pr card option in gckey login.It is connecting my old application of my pr card but not giving any info about my current prtd application.
I suggested you call them to check it. Some application can not link to GCKey due to the info missing. My case is the place of birth is blank even I filled in when submitted the application. The call centre confirmed it but can not update it. Without those information I can not link it to my gckey either but call centre confirmed my case is in process...

Sivabhagavan

Sep 11, 2023
I suggested you call them to check it. Some application can not link to GCKey due to the info missing. My case is the place of birth is blank even I filled in when submitted the application. The call centre confirmed it but can not update it. Without those information I can not link it to my gckey either but call centre confirmed my case is in process...
Thank you.

louise s

Sep 29, 2023
Hello, I had a similar incidence. I applied 2 days ago but received an email today saying that the application for a prtd has been approved :)

Star Member
Feb 17, 2014
Hello, I had a similar incidence. I applied 2 days ago but received an email today saying that the application for a prtd has been approved :)
How lucky you are! Can you tell us more about your case? Have you lived 2 years in canada in the past 5 years? Did you apply for urgent or regular? Which country you will mail the passport? After you submitted it online the application will send to local office to review and approve..

Thanks!

Andrae

Oct 4, 2023
How lucky you are! Can you tell us more about your case? Have you lived 2 years in canada in the past 5 years? Did you apply for urgent or regular? Which country you will mail the passport? After you submitted it online the application will send to local office to review and approve..

Thanks!
Hi, I am experiencing the same issue. I am currently here in the Philippines. Applied PRTD last Saturday and just checked in my portal and it says wrong application. May I know guys what did you do. Thank you

Rhylldet

Oct 15, 2023
I have just read this whole thread! So frustrating that so many people who are just trying to get back to their Canadian homes have to go through this madness.

I applied for a PRTD about a week ago and now when I log in, the view button is greyed out, it says submitted but with the return reason as ‘primary identification not provided’. Again I haven’t received any emails from them and I have no way to know how to rectify the application, especially if I can’t click on anything. I pray it’s a glitch but there is no way of knowing! So impossible

Sivabhagavan

Sep 11, 2023
I applied for my PRTD online on 6th Sept 2023 and till I have not received any reply.The View is greyed.The return reason is showing "Wrong applicationIncomplete application ".
I tried to connect my application with GCkey but cannot.what to do now?