+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRTD applicant here. Why would it take 3-4 weeks for Canada to receive my expired PR card but it’d only take 1-2 days for me to get my PRTD after?

May 15, 2023
I am applying from China and have received the notification requesting for me to mail my expired PR card so that they can send me my PRTD. I was told that it’d take 3-4 weeks for Canada to receive my PR card, and yet it’ll only take one day tops for me to get my PRTD after they receive my required documents.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am applying from China and have received the notification requesting for me to mail my expired PR card so that they can send me my PRTD. I was told that it’d take 3-4 weeks for Canada to receive my PR card, and yet it’ll only take one day tops for me to get my PRTD after they receive my required documents.
I have never heard of someone needing to submit their expired PR card to get a PRTD. Assume that the PRTD is ready to go and the visa office will only give you the PRTD once they are in possession of your expired PR card. The office may be concerned about use of expired PR card by forgers.

maja22

Star Member
Nov 15, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2011
File Transfer...
07-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2011
LANDED..........
28-05-2011
Hi, I just applied from china as well. Sent the application online. Just wanted to ask you how long did it take for you to receive any email from IRCC or China visa office? I called IRCC and they told me that my application is in process in Beijing and that they won't have any information because it is processed in Beijing. Meanhwile I called Vfs (Visa Office) in Beijing and they told me they do not process any PRTD here and I need to contact IRCC. I am confused.