+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

prra interview

jassbaghri

Feb 17, 2023
Hi i am came Canada from USA i am ineligible for refugee case and received prra application and i submit everything my question is how long time application take for result and i got interview or direct result

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi i am came Canada from USA i am ineligible for refugee case and received prra application and i submit everything my question is how long time application take for result and i got interview or direct result
There is no exact timeline to hear about the results of your PPRA application

peace123

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
You would receive the PRRA result more than 1 year in general .

Some applicants could wait for more than 3 years

peace123

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
PRRA Hearing

A PRRA application is normally assessed only on the basis of written information. However, you might be called to report for a hearing to answer questions about certain aspects of your application. If a hearing is necessary, you will receive a written notice indicating the location, date and time of the hearing as well as the matters that are to be discussed. You may be accompanied, at your own expense, by a lawyer or other authorized representative. This person may only support you and cannot intervene on your behalf.

If you have previously provided written testimony from a third party, that party might be called to report to a hearing for an interview. You would also be invited to such a hearing.

related informations : <Guide 5523 – Applying for a Pre-Removal Risk Assessment>

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5523-applying-removal-risk-assessment.html

jassbaghri

Feb 17, 2023
thanks you I found this from same site that's why i asked
  • Mandatory hearings – The IRPA also states that, despite the provisions for discretionary credibility-based hearings, a hearing is mandatory for any applicant whose claim for refugee protection has been determined to be ineligible solely on the basis that it has been confirmed through an information-sharing agreement that they have made a claim for refugee protection in another country.
Regardless of the reason for offering a hearing, the purpose is the same: to review the determinative issues by exploring issues of fact. The onus is on the applicant to provide general information related to their case through written submissions.

PRRA officers should conduct hearings in a manner that is fair and expeditious. Officers must, however, be sensitive to any particular circumstances (such as when the applicant is an unaccompanied minor or a vulnerable person).

Section A113.01 provides for mandatory hearings for individuals applying for a PRRA whose refugee claims have been found ineligible to be referred to the IRB because (both)

• they have previously applied for asylum in another country with which Canada has an information-sharing agreement before claiming asylum in Canada
  • that fact has been confirmed through information sharing, as per paragraph A101(1)(c.1)
In these cases, officers must hold an oral hearing unless the application is approved without a hearing.

chuanlin81

Oct 18, 2023
thanks you I found this from same site that's why i asked
  • Mandatory hearings – The IRPA also states that, despite the provisions for discretionary credibility-based hearings, a hearing is mandatory for any applicant whose claim for refugee protection has been determined to be ineligible solely on the basis that it has been confirmed through an information-sharing agreement that they have made a claim for refugee protection in another country.
Regardless of the reason for offering a hearing, the purpose is the same: to review the determinative issues by exploring issues of fact. The onus is on the applicant to provide general information related to their case through written submissions.

PRRA officers should conduct hearings in a manner that is fair and expeditious. Officers must, however, be sensitive to any particular circumstances (such as when the applicant is an unaccompanied minor or a vulnerable person).

Section A113.01 provides for mandatory hearings for individuals applying for a PRRA whose refugee claims have been found ineligible to be referred to the IRB because (both)

• they have previously applied for asylum in another country with which Canada has an information-sharing agreement before claiming asylum in Canada
  • that fact has been confirmed through information sharing, as per paragraph A101(1)(c.1)
In these cases, officers must hold an oral hearing unless the application is approved without a hearing.

I am also a refugee claimant from another country.

Has he informed you of the result now?

I am A101(1)(c.1) and A104(1)(a.1) and A104(2)
I'm confused....and I'm scared...

helpme1

Mar 6, 2024
I am also a refugee claimant from another country.

Has he informed you of the result now?

I am A101(1)(c.1) and A104(1)(a.1) and A104(2)
I'm confused....and I'm scared...
These are here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/refugee-protection/canada/processing-canada-refugee-claims-grounds-ineligibility.html

https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/i-2.5/section-104-20190621.html

Just because you have applied in another country that Canada has sharing arrangements with, your claim was ineligible. Standard procedure is removal and prra if they give you. PRRA takes time and you can get a work permit.

I need your help as well. I did my medical, passed it but got medical surveillance email. How does that work ? I called public health and left a voice message for the nurse.

PRRA success is very similar to refugee determination process except you may or may not have a hearing. You could research here. Usually ministers delegates who attend IRB meetings are the one's who also process PRRA's.

chuanlin81

Oct 18, 2023
These are here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/refugee-protection/canada/processing-canada-refugee-claims-grounds-ineligibility.html

https://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/i-2.5/section-104-20190621.html

Just because you have applied in another country that Canada has sharing arrangements with, your claim was ineligible. Standard procedure is removal and prra if they give you. PRRA takes time and you can get a work permit.

I need your help as well. I did my medical, passed it but got medical surveillance email. How does that work ? I called public health and left a voice message for the nurse.

PRRA success is very similar to refugee determination process except you may or may not have a hearing. You could research here. Usually ministers delegates who attend IRB meetings are the one's who also process PRRA's.

thank you and you too PRRA??