+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

prra and sponsorship!!

ontario6791

Feb 22, 2012
Hello Guys I have a question I applied for sponsorship last february, and I checked my Ecas and they transferred my file to cic local office, i called them and they said because I received PRRA, I attended my appointment few days ago and they gave me all the form to apply for PPRA, I asked them why, because last year they told me they will wait for my sponsorship process first and now they changed mind, they said the law changed. I am so worried how long is gonna take to know if they will approve the first stage or if they will remove me before knowing about my sponsorship process.
Any ideas.
ADVICES please!!

maldita

Jan 20, 2012
Yes it is true that the law changed but from what was told to me, your PRRA will be processed at the same time with your pr sponsorship. It takes 4 to 6 months to process.

ontario6791

Feb 22, 2012
No I dont have any lawyer, and I dont know if it is necessary because of my refugee case, I am really worried, and from one side I would like a lawyer takes my case, because it is really complicated.

ontario6791

Feb 22, 2012
Maldita and what about your medicals what kind of documents did you take with you to your medical appointment I have to print a form?

maldita

Jan 20, 2012
I do not remeber, it was my lawyer and his associates who prepared everything for me. I think I had some documents when I went but couldnt remember what they were called. PRRA is very complicated, I suggest you get a lawyer.