+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Provincial Nominee: Work Permit and TRV Extension

Ravi123456

Star Member
Nov 7, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I am a PGWP holder and got nominated through SINP under international skilled worker-employment offer category. I already filed my application with CIO office, Nova Scotia. My current PGWP expired on October 15, 2016. I applied for work permit extension using the work permit support letter provided by SINP on Oct 7, 2016. So, right now I am on implied status and in Canada.

1) I want to check the processing time for my work permit application. CIC website shows the processing time for a work permit application made in Canada shows 11 Weeks. CIC website shows the processing time for work permit extension (new employer) shows the processing time as 35 days. I am not sure under which category my application belongs to? Any help?
2) Do I need to apply for Temporary resident Visa Extension (my current VISA expired as well with my PGWP) after the work permit gets approved? If so, can some one help me understand the procedure and the processing time for this phase of the application?
3) I had to travel to India in December due to an emergency :-[. Is it possible for me travel to India once I get my new work permit and my TRV extension is under process?. Is there a way I can speed up the TRV extension process like going to the border, or to Buffalo in the States etc?

Thankyou In advance all for you replies. Hope to hear from you guys  :D