+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Provincial Nomination and Express Entry Question

MasterCedric

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Canada
Hello everyone, I hope someone can shed some light on my situation. I am currently in Canada on a work permit, landed last August 2014. I am waiting for my nomination letter from MPNP to arrive anytime this week so I can submit my PR application to CIC. I am thinking if I should go on with this application or would it be better for me to wait till January and just apply under express entry? Having provincial nomination I believe, will give me an automatic 600 points and will put me on on top of the rank to be invited to apply. Will it be worth it to just do it that way? I am under NOC8252, and my current job offer is for a permanent-full time position, but LMIA is only for two years, so really hoping to get this PR the soonest way!

Regarding the ECA report, is it mandatory? Can I proceed with the application without it? I don't mind not getting the points for it as I have job offer and provincial nomination. I just want to know if it is mandatory or if I can just skip it.

Thank so much in advance! Any input is welcome. :)

sumairak

Jul 18, 2014
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
In process
Nomination.....
Saskatchewan
AOR Received.
Aug 10, 2015
MasterCedric said:
Hello everyone, I hope someone can shed some light on my situation. I am currently in Canada on a work permit, landed last August 2014. I am waiting for my nomination letter from MPNP to arrive anytime this week so I can submit my PR application to CIC. I am thinking if I should go on with this application or would it be better for me to wait till January and just apply under express entry? Having provincial nomination I believe, will give me an automatic 600 points and will put me on on top of the rank to be invited to apply. Will it be worth it to just do it that way? I am under NOC8252, and my current job offer is for a permanent-full time position, but LMIA is only for two years, so really hoping to get this PR the soonest way!

Regarding the ECA report, is it mandatory? Can I proceed with the application without it? I don't mind not getting the points for it as I have job offer and provincial nomination. I just want to know if it is mandatory or if I can just skip it.

Thank so much in advance! Any input is welcome. :)
ECA for the primary applicant is compulsory if you are applying under FSW 2014 or FSW 2015 (Express Entry).

Ankur25

Nov 12, 2014
Guys i received ITA in last draw. Earlier in 2014, i had applied for BCPNP but somehow my application was 'WITHDRAWN' as my employer in Vancouver withdraw offer letter due to bad market conditions. I mail from BCPNP as under:-

On February 15, 2016, your prospective employer, XXXXX, notified our office that they have withdrawn support for your BC PNP application. As the BC PNP is an employer-driven program, and an offer of full-time employment is a requirement of the category under which you have applied, we will be withdrawing your application and issuing a refund of the $550 application fee. The fee will be refunded to the credit card used to take the payment. Please allow up to one month for the refund to be processed

My question is do i need to declare this in my current express entry profile. If yes than how?
express entry profile asks under statutorily questions column as

'Has ANKUR KUMAR HANSRAJ PANDEY been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?'

I was not 'REFUSED'. Just my application was WITHDRAWN by employer. Do i need to select YES under this question and declare?

Your URGENT replies would be highly appreciated...