+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Providing Negatives with Photos

dan-carol

Sep 8, 2007
Hi, we have one more question here, this time about providing a negative with the photos.

The professional photographer that took the visa photos stated that (I paraphrase) "no one does negatives for visas anymore" and that they only provide prints from digital camera for visa/passport & ID cards. We canvassed several other photography studios and the mall ones with the same results.

The PDF from CIC, 3906e clearly states in Appendix D (medical stuff) that quote...

"(1) Persons living in Bhutan, India, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Sri Lanka and Vietnam must
provide a negative in addition to the five photos."

My wife is a citizen of the Philippines and we are "living in" the Philippines.

Is this a relic that hasn't caught up with the digital age? Does any have experience with this, specifically from one of the mentioned countries?

Everything on the photos meets specifications from Appendix C (Photo Specifications), but we have no negative as the photos are done on a digital system.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as we are trying to get this as "right as possible" the first go. Things take long enough without bob-boos.

Cheers,

Dan & Carol
Philippines

dobby321

May 18, 2009
Hi Dan & Carol,

I have the same question about providing the negative with the photos, I was wondering if you guys have came across any information or answers about this?

Thanks in advance. :)

graham

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
I am sponsoring my wife from the philippines and our case is almost complete and everything has gone well,we provided NO negatives at any point! just lots of hard copy pics from my digital camera.If you are using a digital camera-having the dates on your pictures really helps. I wish I was able to be there in the philippines more-what a wonderful place and what amazing people-I would gladly leave canada behind to live there with the exception of health care! Hope everything will work out for you and hope your "fairytale" romance blooms quickly-best of luck...paalam ;D

graham

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
me again-when we did passport type pictures-for the price we took 3 sets just in case they did not like one set in particular-it might save retaking them,ps-make sure the backgrounds are white as in passport photo's-they are picky that way-good luck to you are your "filipena princess"