+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Providing Employment Info to Express Entry

star five

Dec 14, 2020
Hello Guys,

I have a quick question on how to add my work history. Here are the details.

Employment 1: 27 Feb 2017 - 29 Dec 2018 (During 2017 I didn't work during Oct & Nov and during 2018 I didn't work for a month)
Employment 2: 1 Apr 2019 - 20 Sep 2019
Employment 3: 23Sep2019 - current

It seems like I am eligible for 3 Year work experience but how do I record these months which I didn't work. Should I include Feb 2017 as start date even though I only worked for couple of days in Feb 2017?

Thanks for your help.

LovejitSingh

Dec 15, 2020
You don't need to mention a couple of months break. Lots of people take unpaid vacations.
Hello,

I have been working for a company for more than 2 years and I requested an employment letter from them. They have written my title as "Trainee" for the first 6 months and "IT Consultant" for the remaining work experience. I was paid throughout my training and my job responsibilities, when I was a trainee, were the same as those of an IT Consultant. So I am wondering, will my 6 months of training count as experience for my Express Entry application? Can I put my job title as IT Consultant in my application profile for the full 2 years? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hello,

I have been working for a company for more than 2 years and I requested an employment letter from them. They have written my title as "Trainee" for the first 6 months and "IT Consultant" for the remaining work experience. I was paid throughout my training and my job responsibilities, when I was a trainee, were the same as those of an IT Consultant. So I am wondering, will my 6 months of training count as experience for my Express Entry application? Can I put my job title as IT Consultant in my application profile for the full 2 years? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Title does not matter, only responsibilities, salary and hours. If you were not paid for those 6 months it won't count.

LovejitSingh

Dec 15, 2020
Title does not matter, only responsibilities, salary and hours. If you were not paid for those 6 months it won't count.
Thanks for the reply.
So I was paid for those 6 months but on the letter it just says TRAINEE and for the rest of the work experience, they have mentioned IT CONSULTANT for me. So in my profile when I am adding work experience, what job title do I input for those 6 months when I was a trainee?

SPIRATY

Star Member
Oct 4, 2019
I have been working for a company for more than 2 years and I requested an employment letter from them. They have written my title as "Trainee" for the first 6 months and "IT Consultant" for the remaining work experience. I was paid throughout my training and my job responsibilities, when I was a trainee, were the same as those of an IT Consultant. So I am wondering, will my 6 months of training count as experience for my Express Entry application? Can I put my job title as IT Consultant in my application profile for the full 2 years? Any help will be appreciated. Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin

Last edited: