+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Provide supporting documents for self employment unrelated to main NOC code?

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I see in the Application Guide: Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream that there is a place to provide documentation for self employment:

7.7 Self-Employment (mandatory if applicable)
If you are or have been self-employed, include, where available, copies of the following documents:
 Business/company registration documents,
 Proof of business conducted with clients (i.e. invoices, bills, and client references),
 Balance sheets,
 Income tax returns,
 T4A Statements (if self-employed in Canada), and
 Proof of license to practice if you are a private practitioner in a regulated field.

I have a main day job, NOC code 2172, that forms the basis of my EE application, and I also have an unrelated business on the side doing rental real estate and real estate investment that I intend to continue doing and possibly expand when I move to Canada. I set up an LLC to manage my rental properties here in the USA that I intend to continue operating when I move to Canada, and possible buy more rental real estate in Canada after I get permanent residence and learn the local real estate market better.

Would it help my application for OINP to mention and provide documentation for my real estate business? I also know that there used to be an investor class immigration program that was terminated, so I wonder if this means Canada is not enthustiastic about admitting real estate investors and I should just not mention my real estate business activities at all:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/enGlIsH/immigrate/business/investors/index.asp