+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected Person PR application is considered Non Routine. What can be done?

sam120

Mar 26, 2019
Until Processing officer mark "Eligibility Complete", it will remain in review but wont stop other subsequent actions such as Security, BGC, Criminality or Medical to be marked as "Complete". I have seen cases, where eligibility remain open and closed on the last final approval. So it is normal...
but why to pass security and spend time and resources doing that if basic eligibility has not been passed yet? that is what I have seen as trend as follows

Bio and Medicals passed (linked in GC key)
Criminality same time as based of PCC
then eligibility if its recommended pass then moves to security as often security is last step.

I had for almost 7 months security not started status when Eligibility under Review this is true for other review required applicants per their GCMS notes security has not been started since eligibility is under review.

security does by CBSA/CSIS so logically why to get security report if applicant is not even clear the eligibility stage this does not make sense to pass everything except Eligibility.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
but why to pass security and spend time and resources doing that if basic eligibility has not been passed yet? that is what I have seen as trend as follows

Bio and Medicals passed (linked in GC key)
Criminality same time as based of PCC
then eligibility if its recommended pass then moves to security as often security is last step.

I had for almost 7 months security not started status when Eligibility under Review this is true for other review required applicants per their GCMS notes security has not been started since eligibility is under review.

security does by CBSA/CSIS so logically why to get security report if applicant is not even clear the eligibility stage this does not make sense to pass everything except Eligibility.
I cant answer the "why", but i do agree sometimes it doesnt make any sense..Eligibility means correct visa was applied, and should be passed at the same officer input data in gcms, but doesnt seem to be happening all the time. For online application, imo regardless of what application, it will trigger other reviews because everything has been mapped on parameters. In my situation, eligibility was under review when i received pre-arrival, and never received any correspondence regarding eligibility passed....