+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Protected Person Applying PR but family is out of Canada, how to fill PR App ?

alpha2012tr

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
As of 29 Dec 2016, My refugee claim was accepted in hearing and now I am protected person (conv.ref) in Canada.
Currently I am waiting for decision letter... as soon as I get the letter, I will send my PR app to CIC in Alberta.
The question is I am in Toronto, Canada, but my family ( my wife and kids) are living in back home country...
When I fill PR app package, which forms I neeed to fill double for me and my wife. ( my kids are younger than 18 yrs age)...
so here is the important forms:

1-) Generic_Application_Form_for_Canada__IMM0008ENU_2D.pdf
2-) Additional_Dependants_Declaration__IMM0008DEPENU.pdf
3-) Schedule_14_Protected_Persons_and_ConventionRefugees__imm0008_14e.pdf
4-) Schedule_A_Background_Declaration__IMM5669E.pdf
5-) Additional_Family_Information__IMM5406E.pdf
6-) Use_of_a_Representative__IMM5476E.pdf
7-) Document__Checklist__IMM5286E.pdf

I know number 6 and 7 are abvious.... how about number 3,4 and 5 ?

The last question would be ? What is the status of my family as of now? Are they protected person ? or ?
And the PR process is going for them ? How can I bring them to Canada ?

Thanks in advance all your valuable feedbacks...

I really appreciate it...

Alpha

PS: Sorry for my last question, it was little bit long :)

alpha2012tr

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
Come on, no comments at all, I thought there are lots of imm. gurus in this forum as far as I hear....

alpha2012tr

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
thanks a lot for OmarionMommy, I appreciate your feedback... Although, I did read all the guides for PR and refugee, I was trying to listen in real live experiences...

like "I sent this package to CIC, and return back to me this and this..."

for instance, I fill Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) for my wife, who's going to sign that paper?
Cause she is not here in Canada.. you know what I am saying... I am alone myself in Canada...

I think PR process would be run for me and for them (my spouse and my kids) in back home simultaneously....

am I right ?

As soon as they approved, they will have some imm. visa to come Canada.... then they will have PR Card in Canada. not back home.

is this true picture ?