+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prospective Student for January, May, and September 2019 Intake Gather Here For Question and Answer

Johnsnow 007

Champion Member
Jan 6, 2018
Nigeria
Please I need assistance on how to secure admission at the University of Manitoba. I am a Journalism graduate of Lagos State University, Lagos, Nigeria with a CGPA of 4.06/5.0. Sincere advice on the course to apply and best way to go about it will be appreciated. Many thanks.
Hello Olayinka7,

In addition to what Tresh has said, I will be chipping in some more information relating to the course that best correlate with your undergraduate study. As a Journalist, you can further your study in Media Communication, Linguistic, Public Administration, Public Relation, Copy Writing and editing, Sociology etc. You can use Google for more panoramic insight.

Mind you, if you're a matured applicant with work experience and with study gap(s), you may want to consider to for a course that best relate to your work experience. This make it less tedious showing study progression and clear purpose on why you want to pursue the course in spite the huge expenses.

Don't make the mistake of applying to programs that requires supervisor without securing one. Not that its impossible to get admission in such way but it won't come any easy. Another advise, expand your school search and trying applying to more than one school.

All the best

Chikaokondu

Jan 6, 2021
Hello olayinka, I also applied to the University of Manitoba fall 2021 for an LL.M. If you don’t mind can we keep in touch to monitor our application progression?

Chikaokondu

Jan 6, 2021
I am from Nigeria, currently still applying to Windsor and Saskatchewan. I want to pursue my LLM in Canada. What other universities can I apply to? What are my chances if getting in? I graduated with a 4.37/5. My status for U of S says incomplete or update even when I have uploaded all the documents and am just left with the referees. Please someone should explain.
Hello blema, I recently applied to the University Of Saskatchewan too for an LL.M fall 2021, did you get in finally? I graduated with a 4.40