Star Member
Sep 14, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Experts,

Proof of funds: i am using proof of funds with property evaluation, regarding this 1 more question come in my mind that property value price wrote at registry is low price as compare to evaluation rate, Evaluation rate impose with today value and registry wrote price is 3 years before, CIC and CHC which one consider current evaluated market price or that price which one wrote since three years back.

And 12000CAD$ equal valued property can i use as a proof of funds?
Also brief me method about how can i evaluate of property which one method designated by CIC.

Mozm

carl128

Jul 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010 and received 08-09-2010; PER received 08-03-2011
AOR Received.
March 31, 2011
IELTS Request
Feb 25, 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO-April1, 2011
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
May 31, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2011
what if you are on a housing loan from the bank, can we use it as proof of funds?

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mozm said:
Dear Experts,

Proof of funds: i am using proof of funds with property evaluation, regarding this 1 more question come in my mind that property value price wrote at registry is low price as compare to evaluation rate, Evaluation rate impose with today value and registry wrote price is 3 years before, CIC and CHC which one consider current evaluated market price or that price which one wrote since three years back.

And 12000CAD$ equal valued property can i use as a proof of funds?
Also brief me method about how can i evaluate of property which one method designated by CIC.

Mozm
Hi Mozm
The following might be of some help for you to go through.... to get your query answered...

Canadian immigration, proof of funds requirements

As part of the permanent resident application process you will need to prove to the Canadian government that you have enough monitory funds to support yourself and any accompanying family members when you arrive in Canada. This is because the government will not provide any financial support for new immigrants and therefore they need to be sure that you arrive with enough money to establish yourself in Canada.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) set guidelines as to the required funds they consider you need as a minimum in order to establish yourself in Canada. The amount required depends on the size of your family. These amounts can vary from time to time, so you should check these figures at the point you need to use them.

At the time of your application you must show that you have at least the required amount in order for your application to be processed. The money has to belong to you and cannot be borrowed from another person. The money must be readily available in transferable currency for settlement in Canada.

Obviously you can take any amount above the required funds with you to Canada. There is no upper limit, although there are restrictions on how much cash you can physically take with you at the time of landing.

You may be wondering what type of funds you can use and what type of proof is required. Well, there are several things to consider:

Savings: If you have savings which match or exceed the required amount then you can simply supply a copy of your bank statement showing the funds in your account. You should be able to show the funds in your account for a minimum of three months and if the funds have recently been transferred you will need to show where they came from.
You will also need to show that you are not just sending a statement just after being paid and that all the funds will disappear from the account the following week. If your money is split between several accounts, you will need to provide details of each up to the amount required.

Shares, Bonds etc: This type of investment is not acceptable for CIC purposes as these are volatile accounts and you could still loose your money. If you want to use this type of funding, you will need to cash-in the money from the shares etc and deposit them in a suitable bank account and send the statements as above.

Possessions: Again this is not acceptable by CIC. you will need to liquidate the assets and deposit the money in a suitable account. This also applies to vehicles.

Real Estate: Money in property is probably the most widely used proof of funds. Many people plan to sell property owned in their home country before landing in Canada and will use the equity to establish themselves.

This is totally acceptable by CIC and they appreciate that you may not have actually sold the property at the point you are required to supply this information and make allowances for this.

You will be allowed to supply a mortgage statement from your lender stating how much money is owed on the property. You should then get your property valued by three independent companies. These can be real estate agents, property valuation companies, your mortgage lender etc. Make sure you get the valuation on letter headed paper and signed.
If you send both the mortgage details and the valuations the CIC can see how much equity you have available

mozm

Star Member
Sep 14, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fariza said:
Hi Mozm
The following might be of some help for you to go through.... to get your query answered...

As part of the permanent resident application process you will need to prove to the Canadian government that you have enough monitory funds to support yourself and any accompanying family members when you arrive in Canada. This is because the government will not provide any financial support for new immigrants and therefore they need to be sure that you arrive with enough money to establish yourself in Canada.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) set guidelines as to the required funds they consider you need as a minimum in order to establish yourself in Canada. The amount required depends on the size of your family. These amounts can vary from time to time, so you should check these figures at the point you need to use them.

At the time of your application you must show that you have at least the required amount in order for your application to be processed. The money has to belong to you and cannot be borrowed from another person. The money must be readily available in transferable currency for settlement in Canada.

Obviously you can take any amount above the required funds with you to Canada. There is no upper limit, although there are restrictions on how much cash you can physically take with you at the time of landing.

You may be wondering what type of funds you can use and what type of proof is required. Well, there are several things to consider:

Savings: If you have savings which match or exceed the required amount then you can simply supply a copy of your bank statement showing the funds in your account. You should be able to show the funds in your account for a minimum of three months and if the funds have recently been transferred you will need to show where they came from.
You will also need to show that you are not just sending a statement just after being paid and that all the funds will disappear from the account the following week. If your money is split between several accounts, you will need to provide details of each up to the amount required.

Shares, Bonds etc: This type of investment is not acceptable for CIC purposes as these are volatile accounts and you could still loose your money. If you want to use this type of funding, you will need to cash-in the money from the shares etc and deposit them in a suitable bank account and send the statements as above.

Possessions: Again this is not acceptable by CIC. you will need to liquidate the assets and deposit the money in a suitable account. This also applies to vehicles.

Real Estate: Money in property is probably the most widely used proof of funds. Many people plan to sell property owned in their home country before landing in Canada and will use the equity to establish themselves.

This is totally acceptable by CIC and they appreciate that you may not have actually sold the property at the point you are required to supply this information and make allowances for this.

You will be allowed to supply a mortgage statement from your lender stating how much money is owed on the property. You should then get your property valued by three independent companies. These can be real estate agents, property valuation companies, your mortgage lender etc. Make sure you get the valuation on letter headed paper and signed.
If you send both the mortgage details and the valuations the CIC can see how much equity you have available
Thx Fariza to response me in this order: yes i already read this documentary however my query totally emphasize on 12000CAD$ equal valued property can i use as a proof of funds? and Also brief me method about how can i evaluate of property which one method designated by CIC... plz share with me if you have some knowledge in this regard.

ketkibokil

Feb 22, 2011
HI,
In the same topic I wanted to ask that, we are applying for immigration to Canada. We have our house which fulfill funds declare requirements but that belongs to my father in law and we leave in joint family so my question is can we mortgage the same house can show the amount in funds.
Waiting for reply
Thanks
Ketki

fariza said:
Hi Mozm

slavasz

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19/10/2009
Doc's Request.
18/12/2009
AOR Received.
19/04/2010
IELTS Request
submitted with docs
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/09/2011
Med's Done....
05-09-2011/
Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
You could have used that house evaluation if your father-in-law would immigrate with you to Canada.
Otherwise jointly owed (or otherwise does not belong to you legally) property cannot be used as POF.

SATDXB

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Aug-09
Doc's Request.
02-Oct-09
File Transfer...
06-Oct-09
Med's Request
18-08-10
Med's Done....
09-09-10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-01-2011 - Passport sent on 22-01-2011
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-2011
LANDED..........
19th May 2011- Thanks to Almighty!
mozm said:
Thx Fariza to response me in this order: yes i already read this documentary however my query totally emphasize on 12000CAD$ equal valued property can i use as a proof of funds? and Also brief me method about how can i evaluate of property which one method designated by CIC... plz share with me if you have some knowledge in this regard.
Hi, just for your info, at the time of landing, you will have to only show cash or TC or DD as POF. No property valuation documents.
Its always best to declare govt. registered valuation.

Cheers..