+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof that your employer has applied for an LMO

Jul 26, 2012
Sorry Miss scaryclare for consuming your time.

You said there is no limit time to work under Implied status, right?

In the worst scenario of my case I wont have the LMO by August 2nd . My employer sent it by mail so I dont have a fax paper slip or something to prove that we already applied for it. Do you think my best chances to provide proofs without a LMO app number given by Service Canada, it is to attach a letter stating the reasons because of the delay like you said above explaining we are still waiting for, attach the applications sent to HRSDC and JOB

I am still confused about the 2 months time frame, I sent my WP application online on June 6 but my emplyer just sent the LMO application via regular mail last week (July 20), as I understood CIC will hold the application to wait the LMO just for two months (in my case I applied on June 6 so until August 6)
But they gimme a deadline byt August 2nd, that deadline ity is just to provide proofs right? so most likely it is to provide that and righ after I receive and positiv LMO call CIC to let them know that, even if I didnt provide a number for the LMO app?

Best Regards!

Santiago

leahcimsehguh

Apr 12, 2012
Well I cursed myself!

Received a fax this afternoon. LMO was rejected but no rejection for the work permit yet so for now I'm going to carry on working.

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
Yep you can work on implied status until you get decision of your application in writing. Like I said even if your employer can compose a letter to confirm that they posted the application for the LMO and are still awaiting confirmation from Service Canada you can upload that to CIC, that is what I had to do. They will hold the application for 2 months from the date you sent the application so in your case the 6 August will be the 2 months.

Our story, application submitted online 6 March 2012 , asked for LMO confirmation to be uploaded by 27 March 2012 which I was unable to do as we had no confirmation. Work permit expired 4 April 2012, letter dated May 7 2012 which we did not receive until 19 May 2012(2 months after application submitted) refusing permit because no positive LMO was submitted, so our restoration expires 5 August!!! Still waiting on LMO but is now with an agent so it needs to come next week so we can go staright to the border!

I am not scary honest only when I am sleep walking lol! I will be away until Sunday so I am sure others will answer any questions and I will reply when I get back. I have found the best advice comes from people in the same situation as I was given incorrect information when I spoke to CIC in June otherwise I would have been able to sort more things out by now!

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
What was the reason for rejection? You employer can take corrective measures and reapply ASAP. You can still work until you get a refusal and have 90 days to get restoration, don't give up we are fighting to the last minute.

leahcimsehguh

Apr 12, 2012
Main reason was not being able to prove why I was more suited than a canadian equivelent. It's the accounts clerk NOC so if you think about how many thousands of those bods there are around vancouver, probably not a huge surprise.
They don't take into account my 9 months of work here and the cover letter expressing how important I was to the company!

Also minor notes. The first was the wage wasn't high enough - it was $2 under the mean average. That can be corrected so no issues there. The second was they weren't convinced we had made enough of an effort to recruit. We had a week on job bank which was accidentally taken down by them and we have in writing it was there mistake. The job was resubmitted on job bank for the proper 2 weeks and also craigslist was used consecutively but we didn't provide enough back up for that.

I'm not going to lie, because of my age I've only been able to get one 12 month working holiday visa and the fact I've had 2 extra months working here (add to the amazing year over here) and I'm luckier than most.

Vancouver has duly provided itself but I'm going to have to start deciding where my immediate future lies.

roman_emperor08

Apr 18, 2013
Sir, makikibalita ko ako sa nangyari sa case mo, tungkol dn sa wala ang name mo sa lmo, ano po nangyari, ganun kasi nangyari din sa akin, sabi ng embassy wala daw ung name ko sa lmo sa system nila. reply ka naman para alam ko rin gagawin ko, salamat