+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Proof that your employer has applied for an LMO

Jul 26, 2012
Hello, I have applied online for a new Work Permit on June 26, and in the field where they ask for a LMO I have marked "My employer has applied for one but has not arrived yet" option,

but this morning I got this :

Request for Additional Document(s) Jul-26-2012 11:57:37 AM ET
Hello ...........
An additional document is required to support your Online Application ref # .

We require proof that your employer has applied for an LMO thank you!

It is important that you provide the document requested to continue with your Online Application.

Provide the requested document by choosing the "View Document Checklist" button in the "Transmitted" section of the MyCIC Welcome Page and follow the directions provided

And they give me a deadline for August 2nd to provide a proof that my employer has applied for an LMO, the bad thing is this is the first time that my employer has applied for a LMO and they took really long to do it and we still do not have an answer from HRSDC regarding the LMO and I don think that I will have the LMO itself by deadline. My employer sent the application by regular mail but I dont know if it already hit the system.

My question is: what are valid proofs for this?, as far as I know Service Canada assigns a number to your application when they receive it, they can actually write a letter or something to support my application ?

If anyone has experience or knowledge regarding this problem please help me!

Best Regards

Santiago

out

Jun 23, 2012
accordingly, you can support your not yet arriving lmo with its date of application and it's assigned LMO no. your employer can help you to provide whatever lmo document they have when they applied new lmo for your wp. cic will verify if the LMO applied is true and existing. a couple of months will be given as grace period for the LMO to come out. that's the least thing you can do and sending the document or info to the cic; accompany it with question of grace period of waiting for you to know if you will run out of time as per your status...either surpassing your valid current work permit or your 90 days grace period for restoration will be consumed on waiting.

Jul 26, 2012
Thanks fir the answer, but actually I am under Implied status, because my WP has already expired,

I have applied online 2 weeks before the expiry date,

but my company is small, and I am the only foreign worker so they took really long to send it and It seems that it takes 2-3 weeks to Service Canada to give you a number for your application already sent.

I found this, not quite sure if this apply to my case:

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting the Call Centre. I am pleased to provide you with the requested information:

If a person is ready to submit a Work Permit application to the Case Processing Centre in Vegreville, Alberta, and is still waiting for a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) or Certificat d'acceptation du Québec (CAQ), they may submit the work permit application only within 2 weeks of the expiry of their status and include proof that the LMO/CAQ request was made. They must:

include a copy of the application sent to Human Resources and Skills Development Canada/Immigration Québec; or
include a copy of the receipt confirmation number, if the request was done online; or
indicate in section D of the Work Permit application:
the date the LMO/CAQ request was sent;
which office it was sent to;
the employer's name; and
the confirmation number for the submission, if available.

Thanks

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
This happened to us don't panic just yet. Has you company definitely submitted the application to Service Canada? Service Canada will fax a confirmation stating when the application was submitted and the date it was given a file number so check with your employer to see if they have received this yet. If they don't have this and it has still not arrived by the 31 July I would get as much proof that you can from your employer to prove that it has been submitted but still awaiting confirmation. I was unable to provide the details when they requested the information from me and I just wrote a letter stating that they were still waiting for confirmation and uploaded that as the requested information. They will only hold the application for 2 months from the date you submitted your application and you must have the positive LMO before the 2 months so in your case you must get the LMO to them by 25 August. Even if after the 2 August you get a positive LMO before the 25 August call CIC straight away and tell them, if not you will get a refusal letter and have to stop work, you will then have 90 days from the date of your letter to apply for restoration,
I hope this helps a little.

out

Jun 23, 2012
listen to the voice of experience, scaryclare is the one i refer to as accordingly, you've got still a longway and avoid wasting your energy of worries rather infuse more hope and faith thru prayers that if it's God's will your petition will be heard....

how are you scaryspice? i hope you too can have peace of mind sooner or later, God is good!

Jul 19, 2012
hi guys, very interesting topic, i have a question, what if im having doubts about a name correction in an LMO, can i verify to service canada if indeed it was really filed? i know the LMO number though my name wasnt on it because the person my employer sent here to oversee the hiring said that my name wasnt on the LMO because they had to resubmit it for name correction... 48 other name was on the LMO mine wasnt on it , but there is a double entry name on the list and the first or second page indicated it as an error, if indeed my name has an error should it had been noted also on the LMO, and shouldnt i also see my name on the list even if it was spelled incorrectly?thank you.

out

Jun 23, 2012
try and try till you know what's in there...the least thing you can do is email the cic/sc and throw your concern. if they will verify, you hit it right. if whatever action they will take aside; hopefully they will have a heart to advise you. if they did not reply at all, maybe you are not authorize to coordinate with them as a prospective employee...try it so we will know it too; kindly share it here!

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
@ Out LOL Scaryspice ;D! One of the LMO is with an officer now so how long it will take from there Service Canada can't say, we have until the end of next week to be able to get to the border but have just submitted a visitor visa application in case it does not arrive in time. So sitting on the edge of our seats here still!

Jul 26, 2012
scaryclare said:
This happened to us don't panic just yet. Has you company definitely submitted the application to Service Canada? Service Canada will fax a confirmation stating when the application was submitted and the date it was given a file number so check with your employer to see if they have received this yet. If they don't have this and it has still not arrived by the 31 July I would get as much proof that you can from your employer to prove that it has been submitted but still awaiting confirmation. I was unable to provide the details when they requested the information from me and I just wrote a letter stating that they were still waiting for confirmation and uploaded that as the requested information. They will only hold the application for 2 months from the date you submitted your application and you must have the positive LMO before the 2 months so in your case you must get the LMO to them by 25 August. Even if after the 2 August you get a positive LMO before the 25 August call CIC straight away and tell them, if not you will get a refusal letter and have to stop work, you will then have 90 days from the date of your letter to apply for restoration,
Thanks Scaryspice! My employer just sent the application last week, because they said they had to advertise on Job Bank for 14 calendar days to prove that they are making efforts to hire permanent residents or canadian citizens. In service Canada they say that the application takes at least 3 weeks to hit the system, so it is most likely that they wont have a number for my application by the 2n August which is the deadline to provide the proofs.

So Iam thinking about writing the letter telling them that I am still waiting but the application has been sent and also attach the application signed by my employer and provide the Job Bank Number of the advertise, maybe its a good idea explain them why my compoany took so long (because of the job bank 14 days delay/issue) What do you think?

Also in the eventual case that I got a positive LMO you said that its a good idea to call CIC before August 25 to let them now that I have been given a positive LMO, right ? Thanks for the help and I will try to do not panic :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Best Regards

Jul 26, 2012
scaryclare said:
One more thing Miss Scaryclare, the date I have submitted my WP app was on June 6, June 26 was the expiry date of my WP, sorry I got confused.

So it seems that it gives 20 days less :'( They will hold the app for 2 months since the date I have submited not the date that WP expires??

But the wierd thing is they are asking for proofs of that tyhe company sent the LMO app, not the LMO itslef,

I know LMO takes 3 weeks to hit the Service Canada System, just called Service Canada and they said they do not have a number for my LMO app.

What are you recommendation? seems the August 2nd is the deadline date for LMO not for the proofs, if so I am screwed. I am super confused about this

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ???

Best Regards

Santiago

out

Jun 23, 2012
hey santi,

scaryspice aka scaryclare (you even bold it eh!) is not happy to reply you back. you are making her a he when she's a she...

leahcimsehguh

Apr 12, 2012
I'm hanging on by the skin of my teeth. I applied for the WP just before expiration and currently on day 66 of implied status.

Not been asked proof of the LMO being applied for (9 weeks and counting FYI). Just hoping the LMO comes back positive without the WP app being rejected.

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
How did you apply for your extension was it online or by paper? You can work on implied status until you get a decision from CIC regarding the application, there is no maximum time I don't think, then if it is a refusal because of no LMO you have 90 days from the date of the refusal letter to restore status, hopefully you will get the LMO before you get a refusal if you do call CIC immediately to inform them that the positive LMO has been received, if you get a letter refusing the LMO hopefully you should not have to wait too much longer for the LMO then you can apply for restoration which if you are from a visa exempt country can be done at the border to save alot of time. Fingers crossed for you.

leahcimsehguh

Apr 12, 2012
Applied for the WP online via the MyCIC thing.

I was expecting at the 60 days to get the rejection but thankfully, like I said, I'm still good for now.

My boss told me she was told to expect a call either yesterday or today. Positive result via telephone would do for me! Then I could call CIC and let them know the details.

The only thing I've been confused on the restoration of status. Is this not applicable if I manage to get the LMO and WP before any rejections?

Thanks

scaryclare

Star Member
Jun 20, 2012
If you get the LMO through to CIC before they issue a letter of refusal you don't need to worry about restoration, restoration is only once you have been refused. If you look on the processing times on CIC you can see how far behind with processing they are so that has probably helped you alot.